was thinking..someone should do a youtube series: This Week on Spacecraft Exchange!

inigma

Except I have no time. Lol. Anyone else want to run with the idea?

This place comes up with amazing craft all the time. We need an equally amazing reviewer. Could be funny as you test out releases and crash the worst and fly, roll, swim, or kracken the best. :)

Edited by inigma

Except I have no time. Lol. Anyone else want to run with the idea?

This place comes up with amazing craft all the time. We need an equally amazing reviewer. Could be funny as you test out releases and crash the worst and fly, roll, swim, or kracken the best. :)

This would be awesome. I would time my releases so there was at least one available for each episode, in case the brave youtuber didn't find anything else. Not that that is a thing that could happen, IMO... every week there is some other proof of genius!

Rune. It could be pretty cool!

I've got the computer, setup, etc, just no time. :(

Was thinking such a show would be limited to cameo clips of objects in flight, crashing, and general no-holds-barred review, maybe 5 minutes or less, mixing in a few movie quotes and music themes to add to the comedy, along with a standout of the week - about 2 minutes showing off the reviewer's best liked craft.

I like this idea. I think that I will try to start a weekly series, each showcasing 3 crafts that I found during the week.

One thing though: Should I do a voiceover or just add captions and play music?

Make it your own style. :) That's the idea. You can never have too many This Week in Spacecraft Exchange youtubbers :D

Hmm..

I have a YouTube channel, I have recording and editing software and also plenty of time.

My PC isn't the best however, so it can't handle buildings with too many Parts. I can try it out, most things will work just fine :)

Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX0qqjEV4nUN3scqcY8gNtQ

Do I need to ask for permission to do this? Also, who else wants to do this? We could do some kind of cross-promotion or however you call that in english (not a native english speaker lol) if he wants to. I guess everyone who does a video about a craft needs to ask the owner, does he?

Volcanix

everyone who does a video about a craft needs to ask the owner, does he?

Volcanix

no. does one ask movie producers for permission to publish a movie review? :P or game magazines asking permission to publish a game review? if someone has published a craft in public, it's fair game for its use in a review. though it would be nice to inform craft makers if there is any particularly glowing praise showered on them and their craft, but not required. :)

no. does one ask movie producers for permission to publish a movie review? :P or game magazines asking permission to publish a game review? if someone has published a craft in public, it's fair game for its use in a review. though it would be nice to inform craft makers if there is any particularly glowing praise showered on them and their craft, but not required. :)

Oh, that's a good comparison, thanks for that :)

I'll start with it later, and if I manage to finish it today, I will give you a link. Still need to find some nice music, however :D

Yup you will need someone with a proper PC that can handle more complex craft and record. That person will also have to have the time to do this.

Unfortunately unless a well know YTber picks this up I afraid it will be just for us..

Love this idea. A few thoughts:

It doesn't need to be only one person doing the reviews. Car mags, or video game sites, or whatever, are rarely limited to only one staff member. Different people have different areas of expertise, narrative styles, interests, you name it. A reviewer who is great at testing replica spacecraft and knows all the history and details might not be so great at testing absurd contraptions that have no real world counterpart.

Really all we'd need to do is agree on a basic format. Probably something like: Review craft that were not made by you, were posted in the Spacecraft Exchange, and are available for public download. Then link all the videos to one thread here, or maybe if it gets popular, make a YT channel that members can contribute to.

Love this idea. A few thoughts:

It doesn't need to be only one person doing the reviews. Car mags, or video game sites, or whatever, are rarely limited to only one staff member. Different people have different areas of expertise, narrative styles, interests, you name it. A reviewer who is great at testing replica spacecraft and knows all the history and details might not be so great at testing absurd contraptions that have no real world counterpart.

Really all we'd need to do is agree on a basic format. Probably something like: Review craft that were not made by you, were posted in the Spacecraft Exchange, and are available for public download. Then link all the videos to one thread here, or maybe if it gets popular, make a YT channel that members can contribute to.

Yeah, I totally agree with your post.

I'm more the guy that likes simple-built, stock spacecraft, and there are possibly other youtubers which like replicas more, so everyone could do what he likes and we could cross-promote each other via linking in the video descriptions. That would be my idea for the thing.

So, I'd do spaceplanes and other low-part-stuff, we should maybe put up a discussion somewhere so we know stuff like who, what, when, and how.

(Who uploads the video?, What does he review?, When does he upload?, How does he.. edit his video?)

So, who also wants to do this? :)

Volcanix

I dont think any big name YTber will take this on now that I think about it. They have limited recording time and VERY few make videos of other peoples craft.

What we could do is submit our own videos and make one giant community video. Then see how it is received on YT.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.