Devnote Tuesdays: The Greener Pastures Edition

SQUAD

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I'm seriously gonna miss the heck out of being around the community so often. I'll try not to make myself a stranger :)

Yo, guys, let's halt the PhD-level aero discussion for just a while?

Anyway, yes, please stay around! Everybody needs some MST3K now and then!

Exactly. But if the wing is shoving more air down and getting more force from that, than wouldn't it increase lift?

As a kid, I held a ruler out of the car window. I played that game a lot back then -- if the tilt was just right, it would hold the weight of my arm without my doing it; when the car slowed down, I had to increase the tilt, but that only worked to a point: suddenly all lift would be gone. I don't think I already had heard about "stall" back then, but that seems to be just what happened. I'm pretty sure that my ruler had no especially aerodynamic profile.

To be brutally honest here, the true lift equation, regardless of where you are, what you fly, etc is simply outlined below (and verifiable by anyone else who does it for a living):

L=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Smile, it's almost Friday. Luckily I haven't had a call this shift either.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I'm seriously gonna miss the heck out of being around the community so often. I'll try not to make myself a stranger :)

Thank you Rowsdower. You have been a wonderful Kommunity Manager and I wish I could have gotten to know you in your time here but best of luck as you leave the forums. Remember though, you will always have a place as part of the KSP community and will always be appreciated and loved by those on these forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike (Mu): It’s been a week of fixing bugs and expanding the drag system. Some great responses/feedback from the QA team about it all. The design for re-entry and mach effects is coming along nicely too but my main focus has been performance and stability of the drag systems.

<mu>Mu: "<mu> i don't only have a week.. it was just a vague timescale"

HA. HAHA.</mu></mu>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.