[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

ncyDMPu.png?1

This part pack provides parts, as an extension for KAX by Keptin (KAX is not required to run this).

It is still in developement, so if there are some issues, you have some new ideas or something else, feel free to say it. I'm looking forward to it.

NEW UPDATE: Version 0.3.3

DOWNLOAD

My other thread for the mk2 parts. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121267-WIP-1-0-2-Mk2-SR-71-FantomWorks

Special thanks to Keptin, for the support.

-Freddy

Edited by FreddyPhantom
Update

Nice parts, will you be making any side or rear opening doors?

I've finished a rear cargo door. The poster for it and a download link for the pack will come soon.

-Freddy

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see these get their own release thread. You forgot the download link though.

I'll add a link for curse soon.

And I try to release my parts on Kerballstuff, but it had some issues.

What's with the weird shading in that third image? Are you splitting your edges?

I had some problems, in blender I think, if I don't split edges. Do you think I should try it rather without edge splitting?

Update:

So, I've tried it without splitted edges, but it's the same.

Do you have any ideas?

-Freddy

Edited by FreddyPhantom

Freddy, if you are still looking for ideas, do you think this type of a cockpit could fit on a 1.25m fuselage?

Notice how it flares out and gets a little wider and taller where the pilots sits. Just a random thought I had.

260.jpg

Do you know how to mark sharp edges and use the Edge Split modifier?

Yes, I triedit with the Edge Split modifier, but it didn`t work, maybe I'm doing something wrong in Untity, or while exporting it in Blender. But I first try mark sharp edges, ...completely forgot about it, thank you.

Edited by FreddyPhantom

Freddy, if you are still looking for ideas, do you think this type of a cockpit could fit on a 1.25m fuselage?

Notice how it flares out and gets a little wider and taller where the pilots sits. Just a random thought I had.

http://www.gizmocrazed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/260.jpg

Wasn't quite sure about it first, but I did some research, and the E-2 Hawkeye is quite small (also compared to the P-3C Orion. About half length.) I think it's perfect for a 1.25m fuselage.

I have a bunch of other ideas... but I reaaaally like this aircraft, don't know why :D ...I think I start on it, very soon. Maybe even today.

Edited by FreddyPhantom

Wasn't quite sure about it first, but I did some research, and the E-2 Hawkeye is quite small (also compared to the P-3C Orion. About half length.) I think it's perfect for a 1.25m fuselage.

I have a bunch of other ideas... but I reaaaally like this aircraft, don't know why :D ...I think I start on it, very soon. Maybe even today.

If I could suggest, Go for the HGR standard 1.875m. It is almost excatly correct for Kerbal scale. There is no way a Kerbal could walk upright in a 1.25m fuselage. The Hawkeye seats 4 GIBs + 1 Visitor + Flight crew. The GIBs and Visitor are seated facing the starbord (RIGHT) side. There is room to walk behind those seats.

If I could suggest, Go for the HGR standard 1.875m. It is almost excatly correct for Kerbal scale. There is no way a Kerbal could walk upright in a 1.25m fuselage. The Hawkeye seats 4 GIBs + 1 Visitor + Flight crew. The GIBs and Visitor are seated facing the starbord (RIGHT) side. There is room to walk behind those seats.

I wouldn't think of it as a copy of the Hawkeye, but more inspired by it.

I'm imagining it as a two-seater that you board leaning over.

Otherwise you would then have to make 1.875 fuselage parts.

I wouldn't think of it as a copy of the Hawkeye, but more inspired by it.

I'm imagining it as a two-seater that you board leaning over.

Otherwise you would then have to make 1.875 fuselage parts.

That's what I rather think too, it is more realistic for kerbals when it's in 1.875, but there are not many parts in that size, so it's way more flexible for the 'every day use' when it's in 1.25m. I prefer a 1.25 version.

Edited by FreddyPhantom

The K-2 Kerbeye is perfect, although I would have gone with the K-2 Kawkeyed. :)

I've been using the Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit a lot, which is good for older looking planes, but this one is much more modern looking.

This will work well with ether props or jet aircraft.

I made a comparison shot for the 1.25m fuselage and was surprised by how much head room there was.

The stairs are rescale 2.5m stairs. A Kerbal could easily stand upright in a 1.25m section.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj133/tomweave/Misc/125m%20scale%202%20cc.png

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj133/tomweave/Misc/125m%20scale%203%20cc.png

You're right, thanks , ...got a comparison picture of a real e-2. I really think 1.25m is perfect, as I said before. ;)

iVaijDq.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.