[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

While the cockpit and passenger parts look great,

the cargo fuselage parts and the ramp part seem to have broken textures.

Their lighting seems to ignore the model itself and other attached models.

While they seem to register where the light sources are, the shadows and brightness are not correctly displayed.

I have no idea why it works on the passenger fuselage, but not on the cargo bays parts.

While the cockpit and passenger parts look great,

the cargo fuselage parts and the ramp part seem to have broken textures.

Their lighting seems to ignore the model itself and other attached models.

While they seem to register where the light sources are, the shadows and brightness are not correctly displayed.

I have no idea why it works on the passenger fuselage, but not on the cargo bays parts.

This bother me for quiet some time, but I just can't find out what the problem is. :( If there is someone who has an idea, I'd be very glad. ;)

They really look awesome!

Did you add any IVAs?

Maybe you could add the radar of the E-2 ,so we can build the whole plane.

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed some issues with the cargo bay, too. I can't seem to be able to place anything "inside" it, just on the corners like it is solid or something.

They really look awesome!

Did you add any IVAs?

Maybe you could add the radar of the E-2 ,so we can build the whole plane.

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed some issues with the cargo bay, too. I can't seem to be able to place anything "inside" it, just on the corners like it is solid or something.

I've no experiences with IVA's yet but I'd love to add IVA's

I'll fix the issues with the cargo bay in the next updates ;) currently I try to improve the E-2 Cockpit, so I can release it soon.

Do you think, the radar should have the ability of producing science?

Do you think, the radar should have the ability of producing science?

It should be able to do something, like provide low-altitude, high-resolution SCANsat data. I'm not certain what radar scans should result in Science rewards, but I'll give it some thought.

I've managed to mock-up a radar disc like that using Procedural Fairings. You might try that to test something or other.

Edited by ultrasquid

It should be able to do something, like provide low-altitude, high-resolution SCANsat data. I'm not certain what radar scans should result in Science rewards, but I'll give it some thought.

I've managed to mock-up a radar disc like that using Procedural Fairings. You might try that to test something or other.

If you, or someone else, have more or specific ideas, I'd love to hear of what I could do with the radar ;) I appreciate every support

-Freddy

Edited by FreddyPhantom

Well, I think the idea of ultrasquid is good. With SCANsat you have a goal to build this plane.

Maybe the science reward can be like 3 science points per scanned square meter or square feet if that is possible.

To be honest I have no expirience with SCANsat or something like this. Do you, or anyone else know how to integrate it in self made parts....or is it very easy...? :D thanks in advance :)

DMagic is probably the one to ask about SCANsat matters, since he's maintaining the mod. Source files are available on GitHub, if you want to examine them.

EDIT: This specific post may have the information you need to add SCANsat features to your parts. Of course you'd have to adjust the altitude and field of view numbers for atmospheric use.

Edited by ultrasquid
added more info

DMagic is probably the one to ask about SCANsat matters, since he's maintaining the mod. Source files are available on GitHub, if you want to examine them.

EDIT: This specific post may have the information you need to add SCANsat features to your parts.

Thank you very much :)

FreddyPhantom, I made a plane like the Boeing 737 Peace eye.

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/DeepSlay/library/KSP%20Creations?sort=3&page=1

It flies very good and it's got some science on it, too.

Looks nice. Love to see my parts being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Tests of the model of the radar on the K-2 Kerbeye starting now:

yFKeqK8.jpg?1

...and some inspiration...the Boeing 737-800 and 707

anYOXnu.jpg?1

Edited by FreddyPhantom

Yeah, that's an awesome idea.

But wouldn't a "KRJ-family" cockpit rather have the diameter of 1.875m, or would 1.25 be okay. Some opinions? ;)

From the looks of that plane, it's definitely bigger than 1.25 when kerbal-scaled, but still pretty small. 1.875m is probably about right, but you'd need to build passenger tubes and a tail point to go with it. They seat 4 across in Economy, but the aisle in the middle looks narrower than what you'd see in a 737.

Edited by ultrasquid

From the looks of that plane, it's definitely bigger than 1.25 when kerbal-scaled, but still pretty small. 1.875m is probably about right, but you'd need to build passenger tubes and a tail point to go with it. They seat 4 across in Economy, but the aisle in the middle looks narrower than what you'd see in a 737.
Well I think 1.875m is alright for the KRJ size cockpit

Okay, I think I can't get around 1.875m parts :D ..this will be a lot of work...at least 3 parts...cockpit (I love the crj cockpit), fuselage, tail. Some ideas for other useful parts?

-Freddy

Okay, I think I can't get around 1.875m parts :D ..this will be a lot of work...at least 3 parts...cockpit (I love the crj cockpit), fuselage, tail. Some ideas for other useful parts?

-Freddy

Wing mount "shoulders", so you can also build the Q series off this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.