[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

A nice addition would be the radarsaucer especialy with a skin like in http://www.gizmocrazed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/260.jpg. A super-de-luxe addition would be if the radarsaucer would rotate like in real life.

I'm currently working on it ;) ...now I just need to change the skin,and do some minor fixes and tests :D

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe have it have some kind of lift rating.

I think it shouldn't have a liftrating...it's designed to be just aerodynamic, but not to produce lift ;)

I think it shouldn't have a liftrating...it's designed to be just aerodynamic, but not to produce lift ;)

It's not meant to keep the plane in the air, of course, but it is a large, flat (lens shaped, really, but flat enough for discussion purposes) object in the airstream. It will have an effect, especially as the angle of attack changes.

It's not meant to keep the plane in the air, of course, but it is a large, flat (lens shaped, really, but flat enough for discussion purposes) object in the airstream. It will have an effect, especially as the angle of attack changes.

With FAR my prototype has an influence on the lift, especially, as you just mentioned, when the angle of attack changes

Hey Freddy,

I'm not good at all with modelling, but if you model the IVA interior - I'm more than happy to make up the IVA layouts! This is an awesome extension!

Seriously, that sounds awesome, thank you. ..so I need to model the 3d model, with the instruments and screens, and you bring it to 'live'?

Seriously, that sounds awesome, thank you. ..so I need to model the 3d model, with the instruments and screens, and you bring it to 'live'?

Hey Freddy,

All I would need is the empty copckpit, just the flat surfaces where I would "mount" all the screens, and buttons and the like.

I would use RPM and Alcor ASET props, but can also make a non-RPM version for those that would prefer it that way.

EDIT: have a look at the IVA layout I made for the SXT Kossak pit on my ModifiedIVA mod to give you an idea.

Edited by MasseFlieger
Additional comment.

Hey Freddy,

All I would need is the empty copckpit, just the flat surfaces where I would "mount" all the screens, and buttons and the like.

I would use RPM and Alcor ASET props, but can also make a non-RPM version for those that would prefer it that way.

EDIT: have a look at the IVA layout I made for the SXT Kossak pit on my ModifiedIVA mod to give you an idea.

The IVA layout of the SXT Kossak looks amazing... Something like this for the cockpits of my first mod, thats too good to be true :) I'm looking forward to an awesome coorperation

The IVA layout of the SXT Kossak looks amazing... Something like this for the cockpits of my first mod, thats too good to be true :) I'm looking forward to an awesome coorperation

Thanks mate, any chance I get to enhance the atmospheric flight in KSP is a treat for me :)

It looks like it's coming together nicely.

Are you planning a T-tail to go with the K400?

I'm not sure, There are so many mods for wings,

and with procedural dynamics wings you can do a lot. So at first I will finish the fuselage sections, and then I'll think about 'non-fuselage' parts. Maybe I do a voting.

1.875m Parts currently planned: KRJ/K400 Cockpit, Tail, KRJ wingmount, K400 Wingmount, Passenger fuselage, structural fuselage

Edited by FreddyPhantom

Pretty good idea but I think for this moment it's a bit too much. Hopefully, Freddy, you will add this.
Is there any chance for hatches + integrated ladders for the cockpits :o

I'd love to add this, but not only that I'm quite busy with the other parts, I currently don't even know how to do this...I have nothing against some help or coorperation ;)

I think this mod needs stock craft, all of my attempts at making planes have failed.

no problem, in the next, or the update after it I will include crafts made from, FantomWorks, KAX and Squad parts.

Hey, how about some 737 engines (both the -200 series' ones and the more recent -900 series' ones)

Awesome, This is on my to-do list for about a month, but I'm still not sure of a kind of concept for it...should it be a single part engine like the ones I used from B9, or rather a seperated air intake and nozzle (thats what I rather prefer, because of its flexibility)

What do you think? :)

Awesome, This is on my to-do list for about a month, but I'm still not sure of a kind of concept for it...should it be a single part engine like the ones I used from B9, or rather a seperated air intake and nozzle (thats what I rather prefer, because of its flexibility)

What do you think? :)

personally, I'd go for a single piece engine for the -200 series version engine. At the same time, I think that the -900 series engine would be more suited as a 2 piece (maybe)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.