[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm currently learning for my graduation exams, that are in the following weeks, so there isn't much time for KSP :(

But, I'm working on the A-10 Cockpit, and I think I might start some work on the osprey cockpit as well.

I need tje K400 shoulders. Where can i download them?

I have some issues with the shoulders and some other parts of the KRJ-series, I will put them to the other parts on KerbalStuff, when they are usabale. They won't be finished then, but I will improve them over time. Also, it's currently just an in-development-project.

Hey does anybody have a tweakscale CFG. for this?

I have no idea how I can integrate tweakscale, sry. If someone knows how this is working, that would be awesome :)

Can we get cabin lights on the 2.5m passenger modules?

That's a good idea. I'll add it in the next few updates.

-Freddy

Freddyfantom, Thanks for looking into the osprey cockpit

To implement Tweakscale into any part:

download "notepad plus plus" its free

open the .cfg file for the part you wish to edit in notepad++. Remember it will work with a parent part but if you "revert to launch" it will revert that parent part to its default size. So often times it can be messy when used for a cockpit.

Paste this in between any two existing module lines in the .cfg file of the part you wish to add tweakscale to:

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

}

- - - Updated - - -

Also for those interested. Two MK2 cockpits back to back and offset by a few degrees makes a great A-10 cockpit.

Edited by V8jester

Freddyfantom, Thanks for looking into the osprey cockpit

To implement Tweakscale into any part:

download "notepad plus plus" its free

open the .cfg file for the part you wish to edit in notepad++. Remember it will work with a parent part but if you "revert to launch" it will revert that parent part to its default size. So often times it can be messy when used for a cockpit.

Paste this in between any two existing module lines in the .cfg file of the part you wish to add tweakscale to:

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

}

- - - Updated - - -

Also for those interested. Two MK2 cockpits back to back and offset by a few degrees makes a great A-10 cockpit.

Thank you :)I allways thought it's way more complicated...I'm good at modeling, but I think I have to learn a lot about all the other stuff too :D

While looking around in the forum, I discovered, that Quiznos323 is working on an A-10 cockpit ... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111691-WIP-90-QuizTech-Aero-Pack-v1-2-1-Updated-4-7-15-New-Mk1-Fighter-Cockpit-bugfixes

Do you think I should continue my version? ..I'd rather prefer working on the Osprey and my unfinished parts

Thank you :)I allways thought it's way more complicated...I'm good at modeling, but I think I have to learn a lot about all the other stuff too :D

While looking around in the forum, I discovered, that Quiznos323 is working on an A-10 cockpit ... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111691-WIP-90-QuizTech-Aero-Pack-v1-2-1-Updated-4-7-15-New-Mk1-Fighter-Cockpit-bugfixes

Do you think I should continue my version? ..I'd rather prefer working on the Osprey and my unfinished parts

No problem, and hey if we all knew everything. Then we wouldn't be here swapping info. Glad I could help.

While looking around in the forum, I discovered, that Quiznos323 is working on an A-10 cockpit ...

Maybe just make the A-10 cockpit the lowest priority. Once you have finished everything else that you want to work on then make your decision about it.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Nothalogh viewpost-right.png

Can we get cabin lights on the 2.5m passenger modules?

That's a good idea. I'll add it in the next few updates.

Also, can we have some sort of side entry hatch module for our horde of passengers, perhaps even with a retractable docking port?

-----------

Found a side entry hatch, listed for 0.25, but it works like a charm on 0.90

Edited by Nothalogh

I love it
The Osprey cockpit is looking great! And the nice thing about using the existing fuselage is other building possibilities. Might also look good for helicopters and such. Great work.

Thank you!!!

Some ideas or wishes for the texture? I thought, that I'll add some details and maybe a black nose..just some things to make look "KAX-compatible"...

What do you all think about this?

http://i.imgur.com/XTTzxVh.png?1

Only because you asked. The v-22 osprey has a rather pronounced shroud protruding from the nose of the cockpit on the left side of the craft. Also there are stabilizing fins just above and behind the windows. Any chance of adding either of those? Another thought is by adding them it may limit the models usability for other aircraft. Any one else care to chime in on this one?

Edited by V8jester

Great work, loving it.

I'm using ckan to install your mod and apparently ckan doesn't get that version 0.2 is newer then 0.16 (0.1.6). Had to change the version to 0.20 in custom ckan-file.

Keep e'm comming.

Edited by gee1978

I already made a design of the K400:

http://imgur.com/a/lszBa

- - - Updated - - -

Can you like make the fuselage to contain fuel?

- - - Updated - - -

Cutely the idea with a black tip is very good and maybe some details like in here:

some arrows or something

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8428/7603371264_0e76950811_z.jpg

I believe to add fuel to a part all you need is to paste this right under the part parameters in a part's .cfg file. Change the value for amount and maxamount to a value you believe will work for you. Now don't copy and paste the whole thing, just "RESOURCE" and everything under it. let me know if that doesn't work.

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.25

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.3

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 6

breakingForce = 50

breakingTorque = 50

maxTemp = 2900

---------------Everything under this line / You can remove oxidizer if you wish--------------

RESOURCE

{

name = LiquidFuel

amount = 180

maxAmount = 180

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxidizer

amount = 220

maxAmount = 220

}

}

Edited by V8jester

I asked about this on the KAX thread but I figure ask a couple of people and someone is bound to answer. Before I get too far that c-130 cockpit looks amazing (Shameless butting up to get what I want) I've been working on a v-22 osprey and there is a lack of cockpits that fit the bill. I wanted to see if someone can model one. I am just a light .cfg basher and a Photoshop dabbler so I lack the necessary skills. But here is what I have so far

a>

Actually, V8jester, where did you get the rotors from?

Actually, V8jester, where did you get the rotors from?

The rotors are a bit of a trick. They're Firespitter helicopter rotors with a Firespitter drop tanks for the nose cones. I built one nacelle and then mirrored. The trick is place a rotor (surface attach only unfortunately) and then center using the offset tool and have the snap angle tool turned on. As soon as you touch a direction to nudge it in, it will snap the part to center. That's how I got the rotor to fit perfectly inside the drop tank without looking all cattywompous. Then attach the drop tank to the top of the rotor, flip it around till its aligned, and then use the same offset angle snap trick. I have some better pictures of it in my forum post here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114508-Advanced-aircraft-Screenshots-and-building-techniques

Edited by V8jester

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.