[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

This is a great parts pack! Are you planning to add engines, or are you sticking to the cockpits?

I had planned to make some engines, but with the new KSP update my parts wouldn't be necessary. But if you have some specific ideas for engines I could make them ;)

Oh hey, how about the windscreen wiper shroud. It wouldn't be much of a change to the model you have.

http://www.creativecrash.com/system/photos/000/296/262/296262/big/v22usaf1.jpg?1368014937

yeah, I'll try it and post a picture of it

Damn, that SR-71 cockpit is looking fantastic.

Also, could you please name it the Archangel?

Archangel was the name of the CIA project that led to the development of the SR-71, FYI.

like this : ;)

JqFTran.png

- - - Updated - - -

Got bored, so I made a cargo-carrying KIS-capable K-2C Hawkeye, the K-2A Hawkrey!

http://imgur.com/a/ANPPQ

beautiful!!

I had planned to make some engines, but with the new KSP update my parts wouldn't be necessary. But if you have some specific ideas for engines I could make them ;)

More turbo props.

Proper hatches for the cockpits (my pilots need to get out and stretch every few years...

VTOL rotors for the Osprey cockpit.

roller style landing gear for the C-130J/MV-22 cockpits, and fuselages to fit?

I am always looking out for more piston engines and turboprops tuned for different functions. For example, the KAX radial engine could be like a P&W Double Wasp - big, heavy, and fuel-guzzling. Therefore, there's room for a stock/KAX-styled Rolls-Royce Merlin analog - smaller and less powerful, but also more fuel-efficient and a fitting engine for a smaller and lighter aircraft.

Similarly, the KAX turboprop is most like the Allison T56, which powers the C-130, P-3 Orion, and E-2 Hawkeye. What would be very cool to have is something inspired by the Russian NK-12 - the larger and much more powerful engine with two contra-rotating propellers that powered the Soviet Tu-95 Bear.

More turbo props.

Proper hatches for the cockpits (my pilots need to get out and stretch every few years...

VTOL rotors for the Osprey cockpit.

roller style landing gear for the C-130J/MV-22 cockpits, and fuselages to fit?

I'll add hatches, after I fixed all the parts for 1.0.2 ;)

I'm very bad in importing animated parts like rotors and turbo props to KSP. So I can make the models but some help with the other stuff would be aaaawesome :)

I am always looking out for more piston engines and turboprops tuned for different functions. For example, the KAX radial engine could be like a P&W Double Wasp - big, heavy, and fuel-guzzling. Therefore, there's room for a stock/KAX-styled Rolls-Royce Merlin analog - smaller and less powerful, but also more fuel-efficient and a fitting engine for a smaller and lighter aircraft.

Similarly, the KAX turboprop is most like the Allison T56, which powers the C-130, P-3 Orion, and E-2 Hawkeye. What would be very cool to have is something inspired by the Russian NK-12 - the larger and much more powerful engine with two contra-rotating propellers that powered the Soviet Tu-95 Bear.

I have started moddeling a Merlin engine, but as I said I'm very bad in importing prop engines and wheels to KSP.

There was a NK-12 engine once for KSP, maybe you can find it...

@FreddyPhantom Can you upload making-of procces film on youtube ?

A process film of the KR-71?

Kelly Johnson would be proud.

Now, if only there were away to make KINGFISH, Convair's prototype for the Archangel requirements.

Thanks man!! Do you have a picture of the actual Kingfish. On google there arer so many different ones

While on the subject of cockpits, may I suggest one?

http://reaching-lifelong-goals.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/B36J-nose-1.jpg

There is a lot of work to do until I can start with another new part. But I write it on my list ;)

-Freddy

- - - Updated - - -

A question from me: I thought about starting a second thread for the KR-71 and other parts in this style. Do you think should do that?

Thanks man!! Do you have a picture of the actual Kingfish. On google there are so many different ones

Of KINGFISH, I have only ever seen one design, but FISH, and the Super Hustler which preceded it are often confused

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.