[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

Are we doing cockpit requests? I'd like a B-29 or B-36 cockpit for a front mounted one, or a B-17 or Pe-8 style cockpit for one with a node on both ends.

JTvymvq.jpg

A model of the Pe-8, as few people have heard of it, i like the cockpit because it's a inline two man canopy for a heavy bomber.

I love the cockpits, but they REALLY need IVA's.

I'm working on a 737 and a sr-71 cockpit, it's a lot of modelling. So I think finishing these cockpits will take some time, and making more will take even longer..but keep in mind this mod is in development, not a 'released' one. ;) If there is someone who likes to model a cockpit, I'd be really happy.

I have another cockpit to recommend, the Convair B-58 for the 1.875m form factor.

It would give us a proper supersonic cockpit for that size.

a>

suggestion, would be brilliant just needs scaling down

Are we doing cockpit requests? I'd like a B-29 or B-36 cockpit for a front mounted one, or a B-17 or Pe-8 style cockpit for one with a node on both ends.

http://i.imgur.com/JTvymvq.jpg

A model of the Pe-8, as few people have heard of it, i like the cockpit because it's a inline two man canopy for a heavy bomber.

I can't add too many parts in the next weeks. At first I have to improve the other parts , especially the cockpits (IVA...). But I reaaally like your ideas!!!

Thanks Freddy for all your hard work to satisfy us forum minions. If you've only proven one thing, its that Fantom works is always well worth the wait. (Still cant wait for the Osprey though :))

Thank you very much!!

I've got something for you. A beta download ;) I'd love to get some feedback, so I can make the Osprey better

V-22 Osprey Cockpit Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/od3t6qa28yc65oy/AABMCrtqKABVNEst3LTrNEnQa?dl=1

Oh Cool! "Click mine"

Thanks freddy!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Its perfect! You even added the small (I think they're antennas on the sides, some one please correct me if I'm wrong) And all the extra detail that pops out at you, or even the fact that the back of it is round so we can utilize this for other custom crafts like heli's or what not. Really digging this one Freddy. Nice work

Now I have to start rebuilding my Osprey in 1.0.2 - hope it flies with all the aero changes they made :P

I'm looking forward to any additional fighter style cockpits. The skies over kerbin are severely lacking in Mirages and soviet era fighters! Also, this part pack allowed me to create an epic AC-130 back in .90. Haven't gotten around to rebuilding it though

@macenkodenis, friendly advice, don't leave your e-mail in forum posts. You will soon have mailbox full of spamm.

Better exchange e-mail trough personal mesage. Less likely that spammers can catch your e-mail trough automatic scripts they often use to search trough various forums and web pages to get one.

I'm looking forward to any additional fighter style cockpits. The skies over kerbin are severely lacking in Mirages and soviet era fighters! Also, this part pack allowed me to create an epic AC-130 back in .90. Haven't gotten around to rebuilding it though

I have built a mirage cockpit, but I completely forgot about it :D I need to fix some things, but I used it in KSP already

I think I'll split my mod in 2 or 3 seperate ones in the future. One for comercial, one for military and maybe one for mk2 parts. What do you all think about it?

Hi, FreddyPhantom, I have an offer you can't refuse)

I'm modeller, but i can't import my model to Unity, because my knowledge is not enough.

Here is some of them:

http://cs624320.vk.me/v624320804/2e007/8-WKUMTVPKI.jpg

and so...

And I want to offer you to retexture your details more realistic or stok'a'like by me.

if you are interested - here is my email: [email protected]

I've sent you an E-mail ;) Your parts look so cool!!

Cool stuff, even more KAX style parts to fill my already filled catalog...

Excuse me for asking, but are those wings (like the aircraft above) from this mod also?

And could take a humble request of mine? A small stock-alike 1.25m passenger cabin, its asking to be done.

Pics, and craft file please. What mods do you use?

That is a cockpit replacement on an existing craft. It doesn't fly and it's for .90 with so many mods 64 bit is pretty much a requirement. So not this time around but maybe when I have it rebuilt in 1.0.2. The part count should drop from almost 300 parts to something more reasonable.

Cool stuff, even more KAX style parts to fill my already filled catalog...

Excuse me for asking, but are those wings (like the aircraft above) from this mod also?

And could take a humble request of mine? A small stock-alike 1.25m passenger cabin, its asking to be done.

There are currently no wings in the mod ;)

That's something I'll add in the near future

Freddy

hopely the size get trimed down as at 40mb for a few cockpits is kinda way to large.

This is a wip mod. Freddy is still putting everything together. None of the textures are even .dds yet. Just be patient. Or convert to 64 bit. When you can run in excess of 8GB physical and another 8GB of virtual memory. 40mb is a drop in the bucket. Complaining about the size of a mod isn't what most of us would call a productive topic. Every moder is working toward as small a memory footprint as possible. You could go download the KSP .dds conversion tool and bring it down on your own for now.

Edited by V8jester

The problem with 64 bit is that historically it's so unstable that it can be almost impossible to run. I know that when I first installed .9 fresh from the KSP website (as opposed to steam) I went with the 64 bit version, but couldn't get it to run more than five or ten minutes without a crash, so I uninstalled everything and re-downloaded the 32 bit version which works fine.

1.0.2 is completely different than .90 when it comes to 64 bit. It isn't natively available from squad now but if you go through the conversion process. It will run just as stable as the 32 bit version now. Yes it will crash when working on 250+ part ships and bouncing in and out of the vab. It will however last about twice as long as the last .64 bit did. But it also takes a third of the time to start the game now. So for those that have a kitchen sink mentalaty with mods. There really is no better option. The game is still a work in progress. It is better now than it has ever been. But it can always be better. Like the addition of unity 5 someday.

Pics, and craft file please. What mods do you use?

Sharpspoonful Or anyone who wants it. I posted a Download for a reworked, flying, armed and functional Osprey craft file in my building thread

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114508-Advanced-aircraft-Screenshots-and-building-techniques

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.