[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

I agree. While IVA's are great. Don't let the people with a sense of entitlement hinder your efforts. You have been releasing quality stuff. And we all know you'll get around to IVA's eventually. And don't feel like its ever a let down simply because you didn't finish the one thing that will tie up the majority of your time. And If you are willing to walk a novice through the steps of how to put together IVA's, Id be happy to lend a hand with my limited expertise.

i think the mod would be better if

A. Kerbals could get into the rear cargo door

B. anything could get into the rear cargo door

C. the rear cargo door was fixed

I'll work on it when I'm back from vacation.

Thanks for all the feedback concerning the cockpit and the IVA :)

I'll release the Mirage cockpit in the FantomWorks mod now ;)And also I've added the Osprey

[delete] you already said youd work on the back door, sorry for my impudence.

No problem, you are right. I tried it, and before I was able to get it to work, I lost the save file of Unity and some other stuff. Because this was quite frustrating I focused on other things in my freetime during graduation preperation, that was more fun and less tiring. So next next tuesday I'm back from vacation, and then I'll focus on the ramp.

I've have no problem with criticism, I allways like constructive criticism. But you need to keep in mind, that mod making is just one of a few hobbies of the modders, and that there are some times other things that need too be the priority ;)

Have a nice week. I'll send updates then.

Freddy

Sorry if i came off a little harsh, i was a bit ticked off because i had spent a couple hours working on getting kerbs in. a suggestion would be to try focusing on the top section's hitbox, that might have been what was preventing me gitting stuff in/out

I think if Freddy were to make the King Air/C-12 cockpits, he may have to make a whole new fuselage system because unlike some planes, the sides of the King Air are flat-ish and in some sort of rounded rectangle shape. Good idea anyways, it would be great to see it in KSP.

I think if Freddy were to make the King Air/C-12 cockpits, he may have to make a whole new fuselage system because unlike some planes, the sides of the King Air are flat-ish and in some sort of rounded rectangle shape. Good idea anyways, it would be great to see it in KSP.

I was kind of thinking that to. Possibly use RetroFuture's "Large Rectangular Cross Section"?

EDIT:

Or possibly their small rectangular, or even Firespitter's "Oblong Fuselge."

Edited by minepagan
Adding stuff

I have a problem, the cockpit behave strangely, like only the angle snap is a relevant physical part. Is this happening to anyone else?

IOW, they fall through the world until they hit water and float

I have a problem, the cockpit behave strangely, like only the angle snap is a relevant physical part. Is this happening to anyone else?

IOW, they fall through the world until they hit water and float

In the SPH I cant connect fueselage with the cockpits. And when it did (a longtime ago) and i spawned , i accelerated to mach 10 and crumbled! Help pease!

EDIT: I redownloaded the pack. its working again!

Edited by General Venter

• 2 weeks later...

So I like the outside look of the Kirage cockpit but for some reason it holds 3 people (which is odd) and the IVA is a generic one. I went into the part config file and changed the listed crew capacity. I also changed the "INTERNAL" section to point at a copy of QuizTech's Eagle cockpit space in your mod directory (but with the file names/references in the files changed to KirageInternal from EagleInternal). However, no matter what I change, the part always loads the same way. I checked the log file and it the game seems to having a problem loading the Kirage mesh:

[LOG 21:44:00.890] Load(Model): FantomWorks/Kirage 2000/model

[ERR 21:44:00.892] File error:

Failed to read past end of stream.

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.^V^D.ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.^V^D.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.^V^D.^V (.UrlFile ^A) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

However the part works perfectly in the SPH, apart from the fact that the crew number is still 3 depsite my config file change. Ideas?

So I couldn't help but ask. Freddy, How are the IVA's coming? Anything new?

Edit

Also I have another suggestion for you. A Bell v-280 Valor Cockpit. It's a proposed tilt rotor.

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.