[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

• 4 weeks later...
So I couldn't help but ask. Freddy, How are the IVA's coming? Anything new?

Edit

Also I have another suggestion for you. A Bell v-280 Valor Cockpit. It's a proposed tilt rotor.

What do you use for props on those craft (the osprey too...)? Firespitter? Does that allow custom # of blades & diameter?

What do you use for props on those craft (the osprey too...)? Firespitter? Does that allow custom # of blades & diameter?

Yup the standard heli rotor from FS is Tweakable. It allows you to select engine size, blade length and count. The rotor is the same between the two craft just tweaked to have more lift and power on the V-44 with longer / more blades. I have a new version of that rotor with a very strong reaction wheel module in it. I will swap out the download when I have a chance.

Is there an ETA on the IVA?

Give Freddy some time. The reason no one answered you the first time. Is because no one likes the "when will I have it" post. Freddy has been taking a breather, lets allow him to breath.

Edited by V8jester

Yup the standard heli rotor from FS is Tweakable. It allows you to select engine size, blade length and count. The rotor is the same between the two craft just tweaked to have more lift and power on the V-44 with longer / more blades. I have a new version of that rotor with a very strong reaction wheel module in it. I will swap out the download when I have a chance.

Ah! nice.

Oh, btw-- the links on your topic first post seem to just point to the forums in general, not any download links. are they pulled for the moment?

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI - two of the parts in this pack have borked config files. The cargo fuselage and accompanying cargo ramp tail part both have module = Strut rather than module = Part in the configs, and the medium cargo fuselage closes the PART{} curly braces before the TweakScale module and the RESOURCE.

On the off chance anyone else is trying to use these parts with FAR, they will completely wreck the aerodynamics for anything on the craft that touches them.

EDIT: Correction - other forces may have been at work with the aerodynamics, but the configs are still funky =)

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for this massive delay of answering. I currently have to work a lot and I can't find time for KSP, unfortunately. But on the weekend I'll answer all the questions (IVA..etc) and fix some problems with the configs (btw, thanks AccidentalDisassembly) and so...

Looking forward to work on the mod for you :)

Freddy

So I couldn't help but ask. Freddy, How are the IVA's coming? Anything new?

Edit

Also I have another suggestion for you. A Bell v-280 Valor Cockpit. It's a proposed tilt rotor.

Any word on Iva's?

With my limited time I think I'll improve all the current parts (config, texture, maybe animation, etc) before I start working on new ones. And then I'll put this mod up on the release thread ;)

I'm in contact with a guy from the forum, helping me with IVA. But it'll need some time.

So I like the outside look of the Kirage cockpit but for some reason it holds 3 people (which is odd) and the IVA is a generic one. I went into the part config file and changed the listed crew capacity. I also changed the "INTERNAL" section to point at a copy of QuizTech's Eagle cockpit space in your mod directory (but with the file names/references in the files changed to KirageInternal from EagleInternal). However, no matter what I change, the part always loads the same way. I checked the log file and it the game seems to having a problem loading the Kirage mesh:

[LOG 21:44:00.890] Load(Model): FantomWorks/Kirage 2000/model

[ERR 21:44:00.892] File error:

Failed to read past end of stream.

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.^V^D.ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.^V^D.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.^V^D.^V (.UrlFile ^A) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

However the part works perfectly in the SPH, apart from the fact that the crew number is still 3 depsite my config file change. Ideas?

I can't find the problem with this part. It isn't loading up for me at all, anymore. I'll redo the part with the existing 3d model and texture.

Just FYI - two of the parts in this pack have borked config files. The cargo fuselage and accompanying cargo ramp tail part both have module = Strut rather than module = Part in the configs, and the medium cargo fuselage closes the PART{} curly braces before the TweakScale module and the RESOURCE.

On the off chance anyone else is trying to use these parts with FAR, they will completely wreck the aerodynamics for anything on the craft that touches them.

EDIT: Correction - other forces may have been at work with the aerodynamics, but the configs are still funky =)

Oh yeah, the configs are bad :D I've worked on it..and I'll work on all the other configs, make them more clear and tidy.

Thank you very much for letting me know :)

I'll try to fix the Mirage cockpit tomorrow, and then I'll update the mod with the allready improved configs :)

Edited by FreddyPhantom

It's harder than I thought. I can't get the model in with unity, so I'm trying it without...got the model in the game, but the collider isn't working and neighter is the texture :(

If someone could try it with unity (I'll send you the model and the texture), that would be great! :)

-Freddy

In case you're taking requests, I'd love to see a simple, radially attachable fighter-style canopy.

I'm working on an inline fighter cockpit, I could easily use its canopy and make it in the size so you can attach it to the stock 1.25m liquid fuel tank

But first there are some other things I need to work on, so everything I have in the mod at the moment works nicely again

Is the osprey cockpit supposed to be so big?

I wouldn't say its that big when you start adding everything to it, like the tail Fantom works comes with. Now you do need to use a modified FS rotor to actually build an osprey. There isn't a rotor strong enough to lift 50t with only three blades. I have a mod rotor up for download under the Osprey section of my thread linked in my sig if you are interested.

screenshot0_zpsnbuwvdif.png~original

I know you've fielded so many requests, but if you're ever bored with the hundreds of things we've already asked you to do, I'd love it if you'd make a B-29 Superfortress-style cockpit. It would fit perfectly onto the KAX 2.5m fuselage! I hope to make an accurate B-29/X-1 flight.

B-29_nose_art_Deacons_Disciples_10.jpg

I haven't found any new problems yet :)

But I really have a problem with the Mirage cockpit, somehow it doesn't show up in KSP, eventhough I die the same things in unity with it like all the other part. If there is someone who knows how to import models in KSP please try to import the part, I'll send you the required files. That would help me a lot, and maybe I or you can find the mistake I made.

-Freddy

Just dowloaded your mod, it is great!

Here is my version of the Mirage 2000 i made today (with B9, BD armory, AdjustableLandingGear...)

http://neonoeproject.free.fr/Kerbal/Mirage%202000%201.png

http://neonoeproject.free.fr/Kerbal/Mirage%202000%204.png

Is it radially attachable?

If not, that seam in the middle makes it a bit yucky...

It is radially attachable..I just put it on top of two fuel tanks;)

I also have a normal inline cockpit version of it, with no seam, and a little different texture...what do you prefer?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.