[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

[quote name='FreddyPhantom']What do you think? Some suggestions?
[/QUOTE]

Really well done, I actually made an A340/777 class aircraft the other day, but this would allow me to make a much better looking one. I like the window strips (and how it allows us to have different purposes for a fuselage section) and b9 did a similar thing with the original HL. However, a couple things:

- Are you planning anything special for keeping those aligned or just are you just going to use radial attachment
- Are you going to model a 3.75m tailcone to go with it? (Preferably something kind of elongated.)
- If you are, something really cool would be if you just took that tailcone and lopped off the sides, returning it to an Mk3 shape. We don't really have a good looking tailcone for Mk3 parts, and right now I'm using the old B9 one. Edited by InfiniteShock
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Bugs:

The collision meshes for your cargo bays are messed up so that the editor treats it as just a solid cylinder, e. g., I can't place anything in it (at least in the editor).

Cargo bay tail needs to be updated to work with the new deploy limit thing?

Other bits:

Making the 30 pax 1.875 fuselage a wing root is a bit weird. The same effect can be achieved by using a couple of the liquid fuel fuselages attached to each other, adding some nosecones to both ends, then sinking it in. Since a lot of RJs have a low-wing setup, I think restricting the 30-pax to a high-wing setup is a bit odd. However, the 30-pax fuselage itself is a godsend, my non-floppy planes thank you.

Please, please, PLEASE start making custom IVAs for your parts! I suggest you start with the KRJ cockpit,, as the Gulfstreams have particularly sexy interiors.

The amount of liquid fuel in the passenger sections is a bit... well, wrong. IIRC, planes don't normally carry fuel in their fuselages, that's for the wings and wing root tanks. Keep the current weight though, since boarded kerbals are weightless. Us humans are HEAVY en masse.

Just Plain Suggestions:

4 pax 1.25m "Personal Jet" crewtank, matches stock size, weight 1.7 mT, hatch on right side, covering most of the top-right quarter. IVA has seats facing each other like this: : :

6 or 8 pax 1.25m crewtanks, with luxurious IVA for business jets

Thank you for an awesome pack! I've been doing a ton of airliner work with this and SXT, and I'll get around to making a craft thread one of these days.... >_<

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if you could make this to go with your parts pack or see if you can take over the project it really enhances your parts be great if you could that mod hasnt been updated for a very long time 

Edited by Virtualgenius

@Virtualgenius Unfortunatey, its very unlikely that will ever be picked up by anyone, unless someone can get express permission from the author (cake>pie), due to the licensing that was put on it:

License

You may modify configuration files for private use. You may NOT modify or redistribute models and textures without express permission. No reselling.

All other rights reserved.

On 17.11.2015 at 6:35 AM, FreddyPhantom said:

What do you think? Some suggestions?

Extrude them inwards so that they clip inside the fuselage, and add IVA. :P Basically, make them have imaginary central corridor and "cabin" type IVA.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

Funny, I had just built an SR and KC-10 a couple days ago.  Cockpit looks real good in black kerbpaint.

Great minds think alike ;)

If I have you calling me a great mind I must be doing something right ;)

Dude your KC-10 looks fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, what's the diameter of the main fuselage you went with? The scale of yours looks much closer to the real thing honestly. You should totally make a video of your setup! Have you been successful in mating other planes to the KC-10? I have been working on streamlining the process of mid air refuels, if you want to swap info let me know.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 7:47 PM, macenkodenis said:

Hi, FreddyPhantom, I have an offer you can't refuse)

I'm modeller, but i can't import my model to Unity, because my knowledge is not enough.

Here is some of them:

8-WKUMTVPKI.jpg

and so...

And I want to offer you to retexture your details more realistic or stok'a'like by me.

if you are interested - here is my email: [email protected]

This one seems to have been buried. I wanted to bring it up again as I'd be very interested in building a CH-53.

Helicopter mid air refueling is my next big goal :) 

• 1 month later...
On 17.1.2016 at 6:50 AM, V8jester said:

This one seems to have been buried. I wanted to bring it up again as I'd be very interested in building a CH-53.

Helicopter mid air refueling is my next big goal :) 

I was in contact with the modder who made these parts, but his computer crashed and he lost it all..I was really looking forward of using the parts too :(

Sorry for the not updating or anything, I'll read through all the things I've missed...haven't had my actual computer for months and still there is not much time left to invest in to mods. If there is someone willing to help me a little, and keep this mod going at a faster pace (I really wanna make the 777 a thing), I'd love to hear from you!!

Greetings to you all

-Freddy

41 minutes ago, FreddyPhantom said:

I was in contact with the modder who made these parts, but his computer crashed and he lost it all..I was really looking forward of using the parts too :(

That's unfortunate. Well hey thanks for the update man.

On 10/1/2016 at 5:42 AM, Chris P. Bacon said:

Funny, I had just built an SR and KC-10 a couple days ago.  Cockpit looks real good in black kerbpaint.

Great minds think alike ;)

What mods enables you to write on parts? Also gorgeous pics :)

6 minutes ago, Vaga said:

I can't believe no one has made a mod for this one yet given the fact that it is NASA related.

....search?q=airplane+pic+nasa+super+guppy&v

I'd say procedural parts and some patients. The Super Guppy is a bit of a niche. But similar to how I built to Spruce Goose. Someone could totally build the Guppy the same way.

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.