[1.0.5][WIP]FantomWorks 0.3.3 KAX+ Part Pack

FreddyPhantom

On 1/29/2018 at 10:43 AM, Stone Blue said:

Just wondering if anyone has any objections to me moving the size of the parts all up to 2.5m?
Right now, many are 2m, which fit between the popular (and soon to be stock, 1.875m size), and the mk2 2.5m size... Making them a standard stock size would help integration/use with stock, and many other mods...

Also, I have NOT dealt with localization before... so if anyone would like to make a localization file, I would be more than happy to include it, and to give proper credit.
Same with FAR, or any additional mod support patches you would like to see with FantomWorks.

When you say "the parts", you mean the 2m parts, right? I can't imagine scaling up the Hawkeye or Mirage. They're just right.

21 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

When you say "the parts", you mean the 2m parts, right? I can't imagine scaling up the Hawkeye or Mirage. They're just right.

yes... thinking of mainly the airliner parts... though a couple of the cockpits dont seem to be scaled realistically, either...

20 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Yes, rescale the parts. Did you fix the  old collider issues with the cargo bays? I remember not being able to walk my Kerbals up inside them.

Thanx...will take a good look at them... no, i didnt mess with the colliders... I was going to give the parts a texture pass, but the models actually could use quite a bit of work themselves, and I dont really want to put that much time into messing with them, right now... I have several other projjects I'd like to get to first...

But I will take a look at this issue, since its a pretty big one, if you cant use the cargo bay *AS* a cargo bay... :P

Oh, i also wanted to ask, if anyone has found a wing (stock OR from a mod), that actually fits the wingroot on the high-wing fuselage part...
I cant seem to get anything to fit... except prolly Procedural Wings... but i stay away from that mod right now...

I "might" make a seperate, attachable wing root part, that could be used on ANY fuselage part, that could be hi/low/mid mounted
I've never liked that many wings cant be mid or high mounted very well on many things

hard part will really be trying to get the length and maybe thickness on them right to match wings... i guess i would start with stock wings, but Ill take suggestions on popular mod wings to try to match them to... vOv
So post up your favorite airplane wings... :wink:

Edited by Stone Blue

22 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

yes... thinking of mainly the airliner parts... though a couple of the cockpits dont seem to be scaled realistically, either...

22 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Yes, rescale the parts. Did you fix the  old collider issues with the cargo bays? I remember not being able to walk my Kerbals up inside them.

Thanx...will take a good look at them... no, i didnt mess with the colliders... I was going to give the parts a texture pass, but the models actually could use quite a bit of work themselves, and I dont really want to put that much time into messing with them, right now... I have several other projjects I'd like to get to first...

But I will take a look at this issue, since its a pretty big one, if you cant use the cargo bay *AS* a cargo bay... :P

EDIT:
well, the cargo parts are a mess... Mesh colliders were used... The cargo ramp part wont even fully import into Blender, meaning i would have to remodel the upper door... between that, the collider issue, and needing a retexture, the whole thing really needs to be redone from scratch. :(

I think for now, I'm going to deprecate the cargo ramp/tail part... I suggest using one from another mod... I should be able to fix the collider issue with the cargo fusealge pretty quick, tho... I'll do that later tonite, and throw an updated .zip up, with the cargo ramp depreccated, also... :(

Soooo... on the possibe rescale...

I'm thinking maybe 3.75m for the K-130, Medium Crew and Cargo Fuselage, and would include the Cargo Ramp Tail if it wasnt broken...
The 737 and V-22 Osprey Cockpits stay at 2.5m...

Considering making dupes of the Medium Crew and Cargo Fuselage (and Cargo Tail Ramp, if it wasnt broken), to stay @ 2.5m for use with the 737 & V-22 Cockpits...

I'd like to scale up the Kerbeye... 1.25m seems small, yet 2.5m seems big... but personally, I would rather have it too big @ 2.5, than too small @ 1.25...
Anyone know if Squad is adding airplane compatable 1.875m parts for the DLC/1.4? I havent kept up on dev notes... Or if any other airplane mods have anything 1.875m sized??

Same with the KRJ line... thats the odd one @ 2m currently... same consideration as Kerbeye... I'd like the KRJ line @ 1.875, for a "private jet", medium kinda size... but if there arent other parts to support 1.875, I'd end up prolly making them 2.5...

Overall, suggestions welcome... i used to be into planes more, aboot a year ago, cuz my son only did atmo craft in KSP back then...
So my recollection of other airplane mods is quite hazy, thanks to old age and CRS... :P

Lemme know soon, cuz the Med Cargo Fuselage collider issue is fixed... and Im working on another little "perk" for an update, that i should be able to get out in the next day or so...

Edited by Stone Blue

3.75m seems way too big for the C-130. The real craft's cargo bay is 3.02m wide inside. KSP is generally around 60% scale so that would put the parts closer to a 2m scale. Now I understand why Freddy did things the way he did.

Hmm.

Although, there is APP to consider. APP does a lot of things this mod does, and in many cases, does them better. It has 2.5m cargo and tail pieces, nicer and porkalike textures, IVAs... But it doesn't have any 3.75m or 1.875m parts.

I guess the question is what niche in an airplane focused install do you want this mod to fill? Most installs of that nature will include APP - do you want to be an alternate source for functionally identical parts or a less comprehensive but exclusive source of unique airplane parts?

on the topic of scale...

i would ask you to please make them use a "model switcher" so we can select whatever size we need. or make them tweak scale compatible, as i use them on many different craft sizes with Tweakscale now.   and there is no such thing as "duplicate parts in other mods"  lol i know other mods may have "cargo bay"  or "Cargo ramp" etc.  but they all look different, and have slight variations, that make one more suitable than the other depending on the situation.  I am all for more more more parts.   And if anybody wants to cut part clutter, just give instructipons on how to delete parts from thier GameData folder.

as for Wings to "match"  stock of course, B9 procedural wings, OPT.  i think this about covers the major wing providers.   If anybody has another wing mod they like please post it here so i may check it out.

And as for Blender....  I am more than willing to help model parts in blender.  I am no texture artist however, so all texturing will need to be done by somone else.  and all importing for unity and KSP will need to be done by others as well.   I have started to look into the unity /KSP side of modeling a few times but i have never yet followed through and leanded how this is all done.   but if you want help with the blender side of things let me know and provide what ever base models you have to work with.

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, GuioVyond said:

update 1.6.1

Welcome to the forums!

It usually considered bad form to demand updates from mod makers.  The mod makers work on the mods in their own free time.  They are under no obligation to update, release, or abandon their work for anybody or any reason. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.