Custom Labels. Custom Ways to Name Vessels!

DMSP

8ZkQoKV.png

Here are the Available Craft Labels. (Ship, Lander, Station, Etc.). Custom Labels would allow people to create labels personalized labels like "VTOL" or "Equipment".

Modders, please consider this! It would help make the game funner but also, in the Tracking Station, people could narrow down which craft they want to see.

Thanks, DMSP

yea. would love to have that.

adding to your request:

-Would be good to do it without right click in the capsule. May be from a new bottom or place where always display your ship name and icon. Could be placed in a small place where doesn't bother visually.

-Would be nice to have custom icons too. Or access to the ones used in the VAB parts lists.

adding to your request:

-Would be good to do it without right click in the capsule. May be from a new bottom or place where always display your ship name and icon. Could be placed in a small place where doesn't bother visually.

Would be very nice if we can do that from tracking station.

Renaming from the tracking station is possible - select the vessel you want to rename and click on the info button - the 'i' on the right side of the screen. The info display pops up and if you click on the orange title bar it opens up the rename menu shown in the first post. Some additional vessel type icons would be nice...

Renaming from the tracking station is possible - select the vessel you want to rename and click on the info button - the 'i' on the right side of the screen. The info display pops up and if you click on the orange title bar it opens up the rename menu shown in the first post. Some additional vessel type icons would be nice...

kRss9hS.jpg

Can't believe I didn't know that!

I know, that is not the point of the mod...

Guys, can you spread the word about this? It seems popular so lets get modders to work on it!!

We can't spam people or post off-topic stuff in unrelated threads.

Modders who are looking for ideas are present already in this forum (that's what it's for, partially).

If you know a particular guy whom you think could/would do it, then you can send him a private message.

Bump.

Modders, pls check this out!

- - - Updated - - -

We can't spam people or post off-topic stuff in unrelated threads.

Modders who are looking for ideas are present already in this forum (that's what it's for, partially).

If you know a particular guy whom you think could/would do it, then you can send him a private message.

Good point.

Who is the modder?

Thanks, DMSP

I had a look how the game handles that and - sry - that can't be modded.

The vessel types are hardcoded two times (for the vessel and for the filters in the map view). I can't see any way to mod that without breaking the game.

I also had the need of more Labels for my spaceprogram. in my RT2 career I wanted to be able to hide my CommSats, so spacestation are now labeled as bases...

I had a look how the game handles that and - sry - that can't be modded.

The vessel types are hardcoded two times (for the vessel and for the filters in the map view). I can't see any way to mod that without breaking the game.

That's a shame, thanks for looking.

are there workarounds possible? like having an extra window for renaming instead of using the build-in renamer and putting the custom icons on top of the stock icons, internally handle the changed vessel as something else (unknown/ hidden object or debris or one of any deactivated vesseltype)? idk just my oneanahalf cents...

If not (and actually anyway) this function should be a suggestion and added to the stock game. the stock icons are just insufficient.

• 1 month later...

Been scouring the internet for this mod but what a shame its still only sought after.

Can't stand that planes have a command pod icon. I think way of doing it would be making custom category like a custom sub assembly/part group.

I doubt this would be hard to implement even by squad.

• 1 month later...

This is a most excellent idea! In addition, I think it would be nice (though perhaps difficult to implement) to have the ability to label seperable parts of ships whilst building. I.e with an Apollo style Mun craft made of three parts separated by docking ports - launcher, LTV and lander, each section could be labelled appropriately, even named too.

A more concrete example is the Soyuz on re-entry; I leave the Orbital and Service modules in orbit, both of which typically get the name 'Soyuz Probe' or 'Soyuz Ship'. If I want to dock/rendevous another craft to one of these later, I have to switch to them first to identify exactly what part of the original ship they are.

This is a most excellent idea! In addition, I think it would be nice (though perhaps difficult to implement) to have the ability to label seperable parts of ships whilst building. I.e with an Apollo style Mun craft made of three parts separated by docking ports - launcher, LTV and lander, each section could be labelled appropriately, even named too.

A more concrete example is the Soyuz on re-entry; I leave the Orbital and Service modules in orbit, both of which typically get the name 'Soyuz Probe' or 'Soyuz Ship'. If I want to dock/rendevous another craft to one of these later, I have to switch to them first to identify exactly what part of the original ship they are.

Yeah, that sucks.

I wish we could have this, because my ComSats (128 of them) are clogging up my computer, but I can't disable the "Probe" function to hide them (I have a lot of other probes) and I don't want them to be debris.

I really hope someone figures out how to do this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.