[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Rockets (Aerobee/Vanguard/Scout/Juno II/Thor-Delta/Titan 34D-III Commercial-IV) - 8-26-21

raidernick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update v0.4

• Remove the old version completely including ALL MM CFG FILES before installing this! This means also remove any RN_.cfg files in the main gamedata folder!

• Add Aerobee sounding rockets!

• Update for KSP 1.1.2
  • Remove km gimbal, uses stock gimbal now
  • Update dependencies
  • Switched to texture replacer for reflections since reflection plugin is not being updated
  • Update configs
  • Add new WORKING craft files
  • Fixed null ref with sgt motors

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USRockets/releases/tag/v0.4

vF8OQYJ.png

2 hours ago, raidernick said:

delete the folders except the aerobee one.

Thanks! Also I would like to make a suggestion.
Theres no rockets (Propulsion) for Aerobees in the start tech node but there's other parts of it. Could you add a propulsion part to the first node?
Im asking that because im playing in carrer in hard mode and i didnt want to use the stock solid boosters to power my Aerobee rocket. Its also strange to have other parts from Aerobee 100/150... in the Start tech node but no propulsions for it.

3 minutes ago, Skeltcher said:

Thanks! Also I would like to make a suggestion.
Theres no rockets (Propulsion) for Aerobees in the start tech node but there's other parts of it. Could you add a propulsion part to the first node?
Im asking that because im playing in carrer in hard mode and i didnt want to use the stock solid boosters to power my Aerobee rocket. Its also strange to have other parts from Aerobee 100/150... in the Start tech node but no propulsions for it.

make a PR on the github for it, I know nothing about career mode at all, never used it even once.

6 minutes ago, raidernick said:

make a PR on the github for it, I know nothing about career mode at all, never used it even once.

Basically i would like to use your Aerobees to get my first Science points and advance in the Career mode more realistically and not by building a manned vessel in the beginning.
I recommend you to try it just to get what im saying. Its very challenging also! If you have the point of view from the carrer mode you could arrange the rockets part in the Tech tree more interesting, focusing on balance and progression.
I have to leave now, when i get back home ill try to figure out how that "Pull Request" works. :)

I found a bug:
The Aerobee 100/150/300 SRB Decoupler or any other decoupler are NOT attaching to the bottom of the Aerobee 150 Sounding Rocket Motor or the 350 version of it.

Edit: If its not a bug where i am supposed to attach the Rocket Motor so i can use the Solid Rocket Motor and the Rocket Motor?

Edit 2: Oh nvm you have to put it inside the fuel tank actually...

Edited by Skeltcher

Having an issue attaching aerobe 300 motor to the fuel tank.  I can see where it is supposed to fit up inside the tank leaving the bottom attach node free for the SRB....  however I cant seem to get the LFO engine to attach up inside there...

Edited by Bit Fiddler

7 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Having an issue attaching aerobe 300 motor to the fuel tank.  I can see where it is supposed to fit up inside the tank leaving the bottom attach node free for the SRB....  however I cant seem to get the LFO engine to attach up inside there...

hold down left alt when trying to put it up inside the tank

Hello! It is work with RSS+RO?

I am using your mod US Probes Pack  ( It is realy nice mod!!! thank you so much!)

4523a35adcfd.jpg

96db88bd9ca8.jpg

56a0d8e47e6c.jpg

ea6df40795e3.jpg

But  for carrier rocket I using my build... :(

Now, I want install real rocket for this probes..

Just wanted to know what satellites were launched on these missiles . Perhaps there is some kind of list ? For example : The Explorer-6 was launched on a rocket...................

PS.. And where is Delta II rocket for launch satellite Terra? :)

Edited by Irenicus

So I'm having a bit of an issue with the sub-assemblies.  Many of the node attachment points are borked, thus I get this:

IRrX0IC.jpg

Is this a common problem/easy fix?  I will drop in logs and such if need be but I wanted to get this out quick.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.