[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Rockets (Aerobee/Vanguard/Scout/Juno II/Thor-Delta/Titan 34D-III Commercial-IV) - 8-26-21

raidernick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, KERBAL WARS said:

Any prospect to have modern rockets such as the Delta family or the Atlas V, maybe Space Launch System even?

This is my opinion and I could barking up the wrong tree, on the wrong planet! I don't know him and this is purely my own interpretation of what I've read, so please take it with a grain of salt.

I like raidernick's mods a lot and it would awesome if he has something new in the works, but it feels like he is, perhaps, done with us. Given some of the comments in his threads by other members of the community, I would not find fault with such a decision. Like any mod dev, he shared with us the fruits of his labor and creativity. It seems as if a few others do not appreciate this and act like he owes them. Again, this my perception of what I've read and I could be talking out of my excrement vent hole.

Moving on... You do have a lot of options available even if raidernick never starts a new mod or add modern rockets to this one.

I have been using Shadowmage's SSTU to build clones of more recent US launch vehicles. Hraban's Contares has helped me pretend I'm a rocket engineer for KAXA, helping teenage kerbals of the robot club at Kanegashima High School put their experimental robots in Kerbin orbit on top of a Kitsubishi H-IIB stack. <cough>roboticsnotes<cough> Contares also has US launchers and many, many others.

I think there are at least three mods that focus only on the SLS.  Or was it two? Whatever.

If you're comfy flying with several different mods in your game, its possible to build quite the inventory of real world rockets. Historical, modern, proposals, or something from a sketch that was drawn on a napkin at the "hidden" Denny's restaurant on Mathilda Ave, near NASA Ames.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

TextureReplacer has been superseded by TextureReplacerReplaced.  How does this factor into the dependencies? 

Can we do a straight-up replace? 

Or, are we locked into using TextureReplacer?

After a bunch of testing, it seems as though replacing is perfectly acceptable.  I've not had any errors in a STOCK setup.

Edited by TranceaddicT
update

• 2 months later...

UPDATE v0.8.9

Changelog:

• Update gold, silver and black foil texture. These textures now use reflections and specular and should look way better than before
  • Fix gimbal response
  • Fix scout jet vanes
  • fix some thor issues

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USRockets/releases/tag/v0.8.9

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE v0.9.0

Changelog:

• Replace reflection plugin with Textures Unlimited support, this is the new dependency!
  • Replace AJ10 textures
  • Add part tags
  • Fix thor decoupler force

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USRockets/releases/tag/v0.9.0

• 4 months later...

This still doesn't make any sense...

Here it says "Attach between the SRB and main body" - why should I place a decoupler between a liquid fuel tank and an SRB?
yRnyTpw.png

And there is no extra node for the decoupler at the liquid fuel engine:
gyfxrmc.png

There is also no extra node inside the decoupler for the liquid fuel engine:
AwyclMN.png

why should I place a decoupler between a liquid fuel tank and an SRB?

Because the SRB is a Booster for the first meters after launch. After the SRB is nurnt out, the LF-Engine will be startet.

And there is no extra node for the decoupler at the liquid fuel engine:

As Raidernick said: you made something wrong. The LF-Engine must attached IN the Tank not under the tank. There is a node inside the tank for it. The Decoupler must be attachted to the node you attached the LF-Engine in the pics.

• 8 months later...

UPDATE v0.9.2

Changelog:

• Update for KSP 1.6.x/1.7.x
  • Add later delta and castor2
  • Add forward rcs to able stage
  • Fix mm errors with TR config
  • Fix reflections
  • Add delta 1000 variants and Delta P stage
  • Fix Titan IV z-fighting
  • Merge x405, lr91 and lr87 engine and turbopumps into one part

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USRockets/releases/tag/v0.9.2

NxvWpms.png

BlrvZ4h.png

@raidernickDo you use the LR-79 from Thor for the Delta 1000? Because I use it with 9 Castor 2 and it did not have enough thrust to launch.

edit: found the issue: There is too much Liquid fuel in LTTAT (35341.1 instead of 3534.1) and ELTTAT (36047.922 instead of 3604.922)
Also:
- Castor 2 and T-201 has no plumes for me.
- There is a config for a LR-101 which is not included.

KSP 1.7 and th follwing mods: US-Launchers  + your Dependencies for 1.7 + Real Plume + Real Plume Stock configs.

Edited by Cheesecake

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@raidernickDo you use the LR-79 from Thor for the Delta 1000? Because I use it with 9 Castor 2 and it did not have enough thrust to launch.

edit: found the issue: There is too much Liquid fuel in LTTAT (35341.1 instead of 3534.1) and ELTTAT (36047.922 instead of 3604.922)
Also: Castor 2 and T-201 has no plumes for me.

KSP 1.7 and th follwing mods: US-Launchers  + your Dependencies for 1.7 + Real Plume + Real Plume Stock configs.

I don't do stock but when I configured it I created a procedural tank of the same size and took the fuel and mass values from that and copied it to the tanks. The tanks should be correct, the engines may be wrong.

If you want to change something make a PR on the git for it.

That can be but the fuel-ratio in ksp is 1:~1.222. In this case it was 8.182:1!!!
After changing the config to a ~1.22-ratio it works. The MB-3/LR-79 could have a little bit more thrust.

All other of you tanks have a ~1.22-ratio.

Edited by Cheesecake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.