[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Rockets (Aerobee/Vanguard/Scout/Juno II/Thor-Delta/Titan 34D-III Commercial-IV) - 8-26-21

raidernick

The next pack I am working on are rockets for use as launchers for my US Probes pack.

This pack will focus only on launchers for use with my probes and WILL NOT include rockets that have already been made by other users on the forums here(unless I don't like the way they made it).

For all the "geniuses" who can't read and claim I steal all my stuff without attribution, try reading the bottom of any OP for any of my mods. I ALWAYS make an attribution list of the original mesh authors for parts if I use something that wasn't originally mine. I NEVER use something without contacting and asking the original author for permission even if they have an open license that allows usage without asking. I am always transparent about whether or not I made the parts from scratch and have NEVER claimed to have made something 100% myself when I did not. I kindly ask that people stop spreading lies around because they are angry and have a vendetta against me, you know who you are.

ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/FwIMO

JH35fmY.png

vF8OQYJ.png

Old School Fairings Support:

-If you use old school fairings, here is a module manager config to make the rockets compatible: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6p6pnfmf5hzrwf/RN_OSF.cfg?dl=0

Installation Instructions:

Dependencies include the most updated versions BD Animation, Smokescreen, ModuleManger, Texture Replacer and KSP-AVC for the specific version of KSP listed above.

This mod is also available on CKAN

NOTE: I DO NOT support CKAN installs, if you use ckan at all do not even bother submitting a bug report, I will ignore it. CKAN installs my mods incorrectly frequently, and other mods incorrectly which cause mine to not work(i.e. FAR, RSS, RO). If I continue to get false CKAN bug reports under the ruse of a manual install I'll be forced to change my license to forbid CKAN from listing my mods.

Credits:

Reflection Plugin - Starwaster - License: Public Domain

Reflection Plugin Source: https://github.com/raidernick/Reflection-Plugin-Continued

Smokescreen - Sarbian - License: BSD 2-Clause License

Km_Gimbal - Sarbian

Texture Replacer - MIT License

Textures Unlimited - Shadowmage - GPL 3.0

Bahasp and rnmodules source: https://github.com/raidernick/BDAnimationModules

88x31.png

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/

This license does not cover mod packs. Putting my work into a mod pack is prohibited.

Using any of my mods names or likenesses, including in derivative works, expansions, addons is prohibited

Edited by raidernick

I am not going to release it officially until I at least have Vanguard done. I may make an earlier prerelease just so people can test the Scout once I finish texturing X-1 to X-3.

woah woah x-1-x-3? You mean you're doing rocket planes too? Or am I misunderstanding?

Ok here is a prerelease. It contains Scout rocket versions, X-1, X-2, X-3, X-4 and G, the differences in this case are purely cosmetic except X-1,X-2 which have a smaller payload fairing.

For anyone wondering I do NOT currently have any probes in my US pack that were launched on this. Transit-2A/GRAB-1 were launched on a Thor Able-Star, only starting at Transit-5A was the Scout used(although these probes aren't in the official release yet anyway). It was also used for some explorer probes. For now though you can test launch using Vanguard 2-3 or any of the smaller pioneer probes. These will fit inside the fairing.

https://www./?s623ao8a3y4i6ys

bdsCyAs.png

Edited by raidernick

Cool raidernick! :) I'd suggest we should collobrate a bit, since US Rockets and Launchers Pack go in the same direction. It would make sense that I do the Thor stuff, because when we have Delta II family done for launchers pack (most of the things are ready) we can reuse many of those parts in Thor rockets, since they are based on each other. Also, since the Atlas V rocket is in texturing phase at the moment, we can also use many of those Atlas V parts in the older Atlas rockets (Atlas II, III and maybe even the very first Atlases). Would make sense, at least to me. If you concentrate more on the earlier launchers, and me on not so old ones, we could easily replicate the majority of US Rockets. :)

Cool raidernick! :) I'd suggest we should collobrate a bit, since US Rockets and Launchers Pack go in the same direction. It would make sense that I do the Thor stuff, because when we have Delta II family done for launchers pack (most of the things are ready) we can reuse many of those parts in Thor rockets, since they are based on each other. Also, since the Atlas V rocket is in texturing phase at the moment, we can also use many of those Atlas V parts in the older Atlas rockets (Atlas II, III and maybe even the very first Atlases). Would make sense, at least to me. If you concentrate more on the earlier launchers, and me on not so old ones, we could easily replicate the majority of US Rockets. :)

Rep for you for such a suggestion! I approve of this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

After a 8 or so months of being away from the forums I decided to return. I had been hearing from people I stay in contact with that there was a lot of confusion regarding my mods and whether or not I am still maintaining them. Yes, I have been actively working on them, I never stopped. I simply moved to RO and github for my releases. I have been constantly updating and adding to the packs and came back to the forums now specifically to end the confusion once and for all.

Several things have changed with this pack since my absence. I finally updated scout to work with the new KSP aero model. I also just finished Juno-II rocket. Currently I am working on the Vanguard rocket, I have the x-405 finished already.

Sx21S7U.png

oozcnLS.png

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.