[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Rockets (Aerobee/Vanguard/Scout/Juno II/Thor-Delta/Titan 34D-III Commercial-IV) - 8-26-21

raidernick

2 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Thanks! If either of them are compatible with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 they might work with 1.2. Can I get some links? I don't know where to look.

The links are removed for now. The last versions were for 1.0.5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2016 at 4:52 PM, redmonddkgamer said:

How's the progress on the Vanguard rockets going? I want something to use with your Vanguard probes.

This rocket has become sort of a joke here. It's one of the easiest to make but I keep putting it off and I can't explain why. I can tell you it will be done sometime between now and 100 years from now.

On 1/25/2017 at 3:43 PM, Brainpop14 said:

Can you please make all your mods have RealPlume compatibility?

They have it in RO, I am not doing this for stock. If someone else wants to make the configs for stock and submit it here, good on them. Don't hold your breath though, I have been asking for stock config help for years and have never gotten one single offer of help. The people either whine and complain for free stuff while giving nothing in return or say they will think about helping but then flake on me after taking my assets. I've given up on the community here.

Edited by raidernick

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, adsffm said:

I am very sorry for this rather idiotic question but, what's the Aerobee Sounding Rocket Motor? Like is it optional to use instead of solid rocket motor?

the aerobee liquid fuel engine is the engine that powers the aerobee rockets....The solid motors are a kick stage to get the rocket off the launch rail and provide aerodynamic stability by accelerating the rocket as quickly as possible in the shortest time, something the liquid engine can't do by the time the rocket leaves the launch rail.

Also if you are confused while placing it, there is a node INSIDE the aerobee tank for the engine, do NOT attach it to the node on the very bottom of the tank, this node is for the srb decoupler. To place the engine up inside the tank hold down left alt while placing it until it snaps to the node inside the tank.

Edited by raidernick

22 hours ago, raidernick said:

the aerobee liquid fuel engine is the engine that powers the aerobee rockets....The solid motors are a kick stage to get the rocket off the launch rail and provide aerodynamic stability by accelerating the rocket as quickly as possible in the shortest time, something the liquid engine can't do by the time the rocket leaves the launch rail.

Also if you are confused while placing it, there is a node INSIDE the aerobee tank for the engine, do NOT attach it to the node on the very bottom of the tank, this node is for the srb decoupler. To place the engine up inside the tank hold down left alt while placing it until it snaps to the node inside the tank.

Ooohh! Thank you! That's why I assumed it was an optional part, because I was trying to attach it at the bottom. Gosh I am so stupid xD

• 4 weeks later...

So for some reason the parts from this pack (I believe they are all constrained to the US-Rockets pack) on 1.2.2 load up with some missing textures for me. Not even all of them, just parts: i.e. LR-79 Rocket Engine is textured, but the LR-79 vernier rocket engines show up all white, similarly the S-3 vernier engine texture doesn't load, and Aerobee 100/150/300 but not the Aerobee sounding rocket motor. I've looked through the configs to see if there was something missing, but found nothing that should have caused a loss of some textures (screenshot provided below). I've had missing textures in the past from the RN soviet rocket engines, but this is the first occurrence in 1.2.2 for me with any part pack (and I'm using a lot of mods).  I thought about the reflection MM config causing some issue, but the parts there (as far as I know) render fine. This is in x64 by the way, with no launch commands.

Maybe someone here may have an answer/fix? I love the parts of this mod, but I'm a stickler for great looking rockets, and missing textures always drive me nuts. I can attempt to open in opengl mode to see if it fixes the issue, but I don't know if this will break any of my other mods (I have tried -forced3d11 because I was testing a ReShade config at the time, but have opened it without any ReShade/launch commands and the problem persists). Thanks in advance!

*Edit* This doesn't seem to affect the later game parts like the Titan, as far as I can tell it is contained to parts of the \Thor \Scout and \Aerobee subfolders and some parts therein.

jfBqcYA.jpg

Edited by shoe7ess

None of the textures are missing. As @Cheesecake said it's supposed to be all white except the nozzle. I can even see in your picture that the nozzle is grey. Don't post bogus bug reports when it's acting as designed.

It's not even a pure white texture, it's supposed to be more off-white. The editor since the KSP update makes part colors look washed out, load the parts on the pad to see the true color.

Edited by raidernick

On 3/18/2017 at 7:15 AM, raidernick said:

None of the textures are missing. As @Cheesecake said it's supposed to be all white except the nozzle. I can even see in your picture that the nozzle is grey. Don't post bogus bug reports when it's acting as designed.

It's not even a pure white texture, it's supposed to be more off-white. The editor since the KSP update makes part colors look washed out, load the parts on the pad to see the true color.

So for some reason the parts from this pack (I believe they are all constrained to the US-Rockets pack) on 1.2.2 load up with some missing textures for me. Not even all of them, just parts: i.e. LR-79 Rocket Engine is textured, but the LR-79 vernier rocket engines show up all white, similarly the S-3 vernier engine texture doesn't load, and Aerobee 100/150/300 but not the Aerobee sounding rocket motor. I've looked through the configs to see if there was something missing, but found nothing that should have caused a loss of some textures (screenshot provided below). I've had missing textures in the past from the RN soviet rocket engines, but this is the first occurance in 1.2.2 for me with any part pack (and I'm using a lot of mods).  Maybe someone here may have an answer/fix?

http://imgur.com/a/JWsG2#jfBqcYA

So the aerobee sr booster at the top is meant to be all white as well (this is a legitimate question, no sarcasm)?

*Edit* Looked up a few versions of the old Aerobee SR's and (it's hard to get a HQ picture) it does look to be pretty white. Some showed a gold-like tint towards the top, some with designs down the side, but I assume the texture is based off the straight-white version.

Sorry if I thought the usual white-textures were a bug, even though an all-white texture usually means the .dds didn't get loaded properly. You could have just said "This is as designed/intended like the answer I had received", at which point I would say "thanks, I didn't know that it was on purpose" and be on my way, but to insinuate I am purposely posting "bogus bug reports", especially when I asked for an answer or a fix, makes it seem like I'm trying to sabotage this mod is a stretch. I have come across bugs on other mods and after debugging for a day or two and finding that the issue is caused from something that the mod itself doesn't cause, but a compatibility bug or something similar, I always state and report back what I've found out.

Just be kind in your responses. I didn't feel I was attacking your mod when I posted, I legitimately thought I had missing textures.

Anyways, thanks, I'll check out the parts on the pad next time I boot it up.

Also, there is a bug (legitimate) with connecting parts of this mod to nodes where if moving a part (usually the root) around and placing pieces back onto the root they become stuck to your mouse and can be place near-ish to the part they were originally attached to, but red-greyed out. It's fixed if the part is saved and re-loaded, but the offset (because it's about impossible to line the greyed portion out dead center of a node) is still there, however you can then take off the offset parts and re-attach to the node and it works as usual. Happened to me about 3 times while building my first sounding rocket with the Aerobee probe part as the root.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:13 AM, Cheesecake said:

There is nothing missing. It is all white. Only the nozzle has a light grey.

Thanks for the answer, I didn't see the grey when checking out the parts.

Edited by shoe7ess

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried a totally new install with different setup.

After patching during final part loading this happened:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RN_US_Rockets/JunoII/junoii_fs/rn_junoii_fs'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[ShipConstruct for rn.junoii.fs]: part cost (2000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (2269.4)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Crash!!!

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v2pw3hfm9ezyco/2017-07-02-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Edit:

I doubled the cost and tried again, the error didn't came up but it crashed after the same part.

I suspekt the ReflectiveShaderModule - I searched all *.cfg in GameData and only files within RN_US_Probes and RN_US_Rockets got this. COULD be the culprit.

I guess it should be TRReflection ... ??

Edited by Gordon Dry

5 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

Hi @raidernick

Just noticed that in RO, using the US rockets pack, the AJ11 and aerobee JR don't have a bottom node to attach to.  

Also, the AJ11 doesn't have a TF config.  I was told to let you know about those.

they purposely don't have bottom nodes because the stage they attach to has the node the decoupler below attaches to. If the engines also had a node it would make attaching the decoupler much harder as it would keep snapping to the wrong part.

Edited by raidernick

13 hours ago, raidernick said:

they purposely don't have bottom nodes because the stage they attach to has the node the decoupler below attaches to. If the engines also had a node it would make attaching the decoupler much harder as it would keep snapping to the wrong part.

Ok, gotcha!  This aerobee stack decoupler?  Was skipping that cause it costs 3x what the engine does. :P

4 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

Ok, gotcha!  This aerobee stack decoupler?  Was skipping that cause it costs 3x what the engine does. :P

As i've said many times before, the prices are placeholder values because I don't care about/like career so I don't balance for it. Feel free to balance them yourself and make a PR I will add it to the next release.

7 hours ago, raidernick said:

As i've said many times before, the prices are placeholder values because I don't care about/like career so I don't balance for it. Feel free to balance them yourself and make a PR I will add it to the next release.

Hrmm after looking, the aerobee decoupler is a taerobee part.  I guess I don't have the decoupler that is supposed to go with this engine, or its disabled in RO.

49 minutes ago, Maxsimal said:

Hrmm after looking, the aerobee decoupler is a taerobee part.  I guess I don't have the decoupler that is supposed to go with this engine, or its disabled in RO.

if you have the aerobee folder from my pack and haven't deleted stuff in it, all the parts are there in both stock and RO. RO can't disable parts only mark them as non RO, but they will still be there. The part is a small white ring with 3 vertical white bars sticking down from it at 120 degree intervals. There are several sizes of these rings for the various aerobee widths.

• 2 weeks later...

RELEASE v0.8.8 for KSP 1.2.2, 1.3.x

Changelog:

• Update for KSP 1.2.2/1.3.x release
  • Remove dependencies which are now stored in a different file. Dropbox links are available in forum OP or readme here.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USRockets/releases/tag/v0.8.8

Removed the 1.3 releases due to bugs in plugins causing crashes. Dependencies have been removed from all of my mods now. You now download them as a separate package. These links are listed in the OP or below.

Dependencies_KSP_v1.2.x OR Dependencies_KSP_v1.3.x

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.