[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Rockets (Aerobee/Vanguard/Scout/Juno II/Thor-Delta/Titan 34D-III Commercial-IV) - 8-26-21

raidernick

12 hours ago, raidernick said:

Trying something new for a change. I decided to revisit launch clamps and make the tower and booster supports for the titan iv.

xMeOGhT.png

Sweet. This is going to be really neat to use!

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Jall said:

Will this work with 1.2 or no?

my mods are already updated for 1.2, I haven't released them since all the dependencies are broken, so no it won't work until they are all fixed. I'll also be changing the dependencies needed once I release a 1.2 version.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, bjbeardse said:

My install was a manual one, however there are missing Scout components. wingelet white, winglet black and jet vane are missing in all of the scout rockets...

Just FYI.

just fyi, they are not missing, you installed it wrong

On 11/7/2016 at 7:43 AM, raidernick said:

just fyi, they are not missing, you installed it wrong

I don't think so. They are missing for me too  and also the nodes for the thor or delta srb's are messed up (as in it is impossible to connect them to both the adapter and second stage tank.)

5 hours ago, Jall said:

I don't think so. They are missing for me too  and also the nodes for the thor or delta srb's are messed up (as in it is impossible to connect them to both the adapter and second stage tank.)

the nodes are not messed up. The srbs don't attach to the adapter. They attach directly to the second stage tank, then you attach the adapter after that between them. The adapter is not an actual decoupler, it is just for show, the decoupler is part of the second stage tank. I forgot why I had to do it like this but I know there was some sort of problem that forced me to do it.

As for the winglets, the issue is that you are using the 1.1.3 version with 1.2. I am going to push a new release to force CKAN to use the new version.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE v0.7.5

Changelog:

• Update plugins for KSP 1.2.1 release
  • Fix ksp version problems with the winglet parts that cause them to not show up in some games

https://github.com/KSP-RO/USRockets/releases/tag/v0.7.5

Edited by raidernick

• 3 weeks later...
On 9.5.2016 at 5:36 PM, raidernick said:

hold down left alt when trying to put it up inside the tank

Thank you!!! I've been spending 30 minutes trying to assemble an Aerobee 100 now. Googling and looking at blueprints. I could only assume that it was finally official that I'm retarded.

I've just started a new play through, inspired by Bob Fitch's Project Alexandria. So I try to recreate NASA missions. I'm using your mods and Bluedog Design Bereua's mod. I like BDB's "Manuel" and if you like I could try to make something like that for you. And maybe add some historical facts for each probe and stuff.

EDIT: I installed with CKAN - just realized that you have added all crafts in stock ships folder. Well, I got it right in the end anyway :)

Edited by Johnny2000

5 minutes ago, Johnny2000 said:

I've just started a new play through, inspired by Bob Fitch's Project Alexandria. So I try to recreate NASA missions. I'm using your mods and Bluedog Design Bereua's mod. I like BDB's "Manuel" and if you like I could try to make something like that for you. And maybe add some historical facts for each probe and stuff.

What do you want from me, the guy who writes our manual is French :D

@CobaltWolf But the manuel is genious! I would never have guessed that they used SRB's to put satellites in orbit. I thought they were for lift-offs only. After some trial and error I realized that if you planned the orbit with Precise Node or something, after you had the orbit and inclination correct, you could just waste the excess propellant in a third direction and thus not need to use your SafeSolid™ option.

4 minutes ago, Johnny2000 said:

@CobaltWolf But the manuel is genious! I would never have guessed that they used SRB's to put satellites in orbit. I thought they were for lift-offs only. After some trial and error I realized that if you planned the orbit with Precise Node or something, after you had the orbit and inclination correct, you could just waste the excess propellant in a third direction and thus not need to use your SafeSolid™ option.

Yeah, the simplicity (you almost never have an SRB that doesn't light when told) that makes them useful on the ground also makes them useful in orbit, and with proper shaping of the grain and the nozzle, you can overcome a lot of the ISP disadvantages that solids face. They're not as useful in KSP because, well, we don't have teams of people paid a lot of money to do all the math for us :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

FINE WAY TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION HERE, BY SHOUTING A DEMAND AT A MODDER WHO HAS EXPLICITLY STATED THAT IT'S SOMETHING THAT ISN'T PLANNED. READ THE SECOND SENTENCE OF THE FIRST POST IN THE THREAD.

Please excuse my ignorance, I am new to the forums. However, I did search extensively for a Delta II replica compatible with 1.2.1. It is not stated directly that he will not include a Delta II, but a large portion of the probes in his US Probes pack were launched using it. Sorry, didn't mean to seem so aggressive about it.

6 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Please excuse my ignorance, I am new to the forums. However, I did search extensively for a Delta II replica compatible with 1.2.1. It is not stated directly that he will not include a Delta II, but a large portion of the probes in his US Probes pack were launched using it. Sorry, didn't mean to seem so aggressive about it.

Look at Kartoffelkuchen`s Launcher Pack. It isn`t updated for 1.2.x yet. But he is working on it respectively they are working on a ULA-Pack with Delta II + IV, Atlas V and Vulcan.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Look at Kartoffelkuchen`s Launcher Pack. It isn`t updated for 1.2.x yet. But he is working on it respectively they are working on a ULA-Pack with Delta II + IV, Atlas V and Vulcan.

Thanks! If either of them are compatible with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 they might work with 1.2. Can I get some links? I don't know where to look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.