[Release - Final] kOSPropMonitor - IVA kOS Monitor

dsonbill

1 hour ago, dueb said:

@bepsy3d: I can recompile it for you if you want (for KSP 1.3.1).

Granted that @dsonbill is agree of course.

I'm recompiling with the source code of the 1.5.0.1 version (for KSP 1.1.3).

Please, be my guest. If anyone would like to take this over, I'd be more than happy to give you my official seal of approval, though given the license you can do whatever you want with it. I have no interest in programming things of this nature any longer. Do with it as you please.

On 13/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, dsonbill said:

Please, be my guest. If anyone would like to take this over, I'd be more than happy to give you my official seal of approval, though given the license you can do whatever you want with it. I have no interest in programming things of this nature any longer. Do with it as you please.

Alright! Here it is: kOSPropMonitor Recompiled for KSP v1.3.1 x64

(Compiled with RPM 0.29.2 and kOS 1.1.3.2)

From my quick test it seems to work correctly (but remember I didn't touch anything: it's in the same state as it was in KSP 1.1.3).

Something to keep in mind however is I did my test with ModuleManager 2.8.1, and I know that ModuleManager 3.0.x changed some things that could potentially affect the .cfgs of this mod.

If there is any problem I may re-release a fixed version later. But for now I'm lacking time to test this.

@dsonbill: About the take over, I would like to help you more on this, but as I said, I'm lacking time, and I'm pretty sure I'm lacking knowledge also to maintain this... :blush:   :D

Edited by dueb

On 12/15/2017 at 1:01 AM, dueb said:

Alright! Here it is: kOSPropMonitor Recompiled for KSP v1.3.1 x64

(Compiled with RPM 0.29.2 and kOS 1.1.3.2)

From my quick test it seems to work correctly (but remember I didn't touch anything: it's in the same state as it was in KSP 1.1.3).

Something to keep in mind however is I did my test with ModuleManager 2.8.1, and I know that ModuleManager 3.0.x changed some things that could potentially affect the .cfgs of this mod.

If there is any problem I may re-release a fixed version later. But for now I'm lacking time to test this.

@dsonbill: About the take over, I would like to help you more on this, but as I said, I'm lacking time, and I'm pretty sure I'm lacking knowledge also to maintain this... :blush:   :D

Again thanks.

But I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it looks like I'm not able to get the kOS console in the monitors :-(

I've tried all the buttons... am I missing something?

16 hours ago, bepsy3d said:

Again thanks.

But I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it looks like I'm not able to get the kOS console in the monitors :-(

I've tried all the buttons... am I missing something?

You're welcome :wink:

On the RPM monitor, when you've selected the (kOS) processor you want to use (from the kOS screen page), you have to press the O 'key' on the RPM's prop monitor to toggle the keyboard input.  (It doesn't make appear a kOS console per say.)

But if it still doesn't work, then maybe the problem comes from the version of ModuleManager you're using. If that's the case, I'll take a look at it.

Edited by dueb

15 minutes ago, dueb said:

You're welcome :wink:

On the RPM monitor, when you've selected the (kOS) processor you want to use (from the kOS screen page), you have to press the O 'key' on the RPM's prop monitor to toggle the keyboard input.  (It doesn't make appear a kOS console per say.)

But if it still doesn't work, then maybe the problem comes from the version of ModuleManager you're using. If that's the case, I'll take a look at it.

I'll check the Module Manager.

But you say "On the RPM monitor, when you've selected the (kOS) processor you want to use (from the kOS screen page)".

Thing is  I don't get to see any kOS screen page on the Raster Prop Monitor at all... if that's what you mean.

It looks like the common Raster Prop Monitor with all the default screens.... (attitude, docking, mechjeb, orbit etc)
Do I have to mess around with the RPM settings as well?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, bepsy3d said:

Thing is  I don't get to see any kOS screen page on the Raster Prop Monitor at all... if that's what you mean.

It looks like the common Raster Prop Monitor with all the default screens.... (attitude, docking, mechjeb, orbit etc)
Do I have to mess around with the RPM settings as well?

No, it should be working without anything else to do after merging the GameData folder of the zip with you game's GameData folder (provided that you have installed the right dependencies).

You should see on the top-right of your monitor screen a "kOS" page (shown as "DPAI|kOS"). Clicking it 2 times should switch to the kOS page.

I think it's caused by the ModuleManager problem I was speaking earlier. I'll take a look later. For now, life is calling. ;-D

Edited by dueb

I've finally found some time to test with ModuleManager 3.0.1: it appears to be working with either 2.8.1 or 3.0.1!

So, if you don't see "DPAI|kOS" at the top of your monitor's screens @bepsy3d, that mean that either you messed up the install or you have an other problem somewhere else... (Can't tell you much with so few informations)

2 hours ago, dueb said:

I've finally found some time to test with ModuleManager 3.0.1: it appears to be working with either 2.8.1 or 3.0.1!

So, if you don't see "DPAI|kOS" at the top of your monitor's screens @bepsy3d, that mean that either you messed up the install or you have an other problem somewhere else... (Can't tell you much with so few informations)

Ok. 

I will try again tonight starting from a fresh KSP installation.

So just to recap, you say that I should see this  "DPAI|kOS" already present in my RPM monitors? (on the monitor screen, correct?)

And I can ignore totally the usual kOS uI? 

No buttons needed to switch to  kOs screen and all the other old RPM modes?

Thanks for your patience.

OK! GREAT!. 

I see it.

But It looks like it only works in the non-alcor monitors.... that's why yesterday I failed, I only tested it in an alcor capsule.

But I've read in the previous pages that there was a way to make it to work even in those different ALCOR monitors....  is this thing still up?

Thanks a lot so far! This is a great mod!

I recently had a problem with my KSP install where characters typed into the kOS terminal were having their normal out-of-terminal effects -- typing

switch to 0. runpath("hellolaunch.ks").

caused a switch to and from the IVA which also forcibly resized my terminal screen to 40x15, an unfortunate set of dimensions for the tutorial launch script which tries to write to lines 16 and 17. :confused:  I was able to narrow it down to this plugin.  What's the best way to formally report this bug?

On 19/12/2017 at 9:28 PM, bepsy3d said:

OK! GREAT!. 

I see it.

But It looks like it only works in the non-alcor monitors.... that's why yesterday I failed, I only tested it in an alcor capsule.

But I've read in the previous pages that there was a way to make it to work even in those different ALCOR monitors....  is this thing still up?

Thanks a lot so far! This is a great mod!

Glad you finally got this working! :)

ALCOR monitors were never finished AFAIK.

On 26/12/2017 at 5:50 AM, mathuin said:

I recently had a problem with my KSP install where characters typed into the kOS terminal were having their normal out-of-terminal effects -- typing

caused a switch to and from the IVA which also forcibly resized my terminal screen to 40x15, an unfortunate set of dimensions for the tutorial launch script which tries to write to lines 16 and 17. :confused:  I was able to narrow it down to this plugin.

This is confusing: are you talking about the kOS terminals? Or the integrated ones on RPM monitors? Additionally, what is your operating system?

Either way, I can't reproduce the exact same bug.

There is known problems with keyboard inputs, but they are hard to tackle since they seems to be Unity/KSP 'bugs'. (More info on that, especially here.)

On 26/12/2017 at 5:50 AM, mathuin said:

What's the best way to formally report this bug?

The original Github is a good place for now (I saw your issue).

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
13 hours ago, Mindeufair said:

are you going to make your mod compatible with kOS 1.1.7.0 ?

who is?

last text from the writer was "If anyone would like to take this over"..."I have no interest in programming things of this nature any longer."
and its from 2017

On 5/1/2019 at 1:16 PM, Mindeufair said:

are you going to make your mod compatible with kOS 1.1.7.0 ?

20 hours ago, danielboro said:

who is?

last text from the writer was "If anyone would like to take this over"..."I have no interest in programming things of this nature any longer."
and its from 2017

Thank you both for posting! I had originally intended to abandon this as MAS was in development at the time and I expected RPM to be phased rather fast.
That, however, does not seem to be the case! So, I may come back and fix this up a bit soon.

Updated for kOS 1.1.7.0 / KSP 1.6.1. Let me know if you guys have any issues.

I'll be working on moving this over to MAS now.

On 12/25/2017 at 9:50 PM, mathuin said:

caused a switch to and from the IVA which also forcibly resized my terminal screen to 40x15, an unfortunate set of dimensions for the tutorial launch script which tries to write to lines 16 and 17. :confused:  I was able to narrow it down to this plugin.  What's the best way to formally report this bug?

This mod definitely does this, heh. That's the size of the terminal available to kOS in kPM. This mod connects directly to the kOS monitor, and uses it for scrolling/moving the cursor. If people want a bigger screen (get rid of the flag panel, for instance) I can make a simple patch that does that.

Just a note that this does seem to work on 1.7, but it was built against 1.6.1 as that is the last version RPM will officially support.

Edited by dsonbill
No auto-merge :(

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Major thanks to @JonnyOThan for updating this in my absence.

I'm going to be updating this a little bit, hopefully working on some things for it. I'm currently trying to change the button processing to use kOS delegates rather than bools, which would make a lot more sense. Then you could just set the label state separately if that's the behaviour you want. I have a couple of things planned for RPM in general too, now that development has stopped.

I should have an official release for the latest KSP ready soon as well. Thanks again to everyone who's helped out and everyone who's used this mod. It means a lot to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.