[PLEASE ANSWER] Is there aliens in Ksp Or A Mod that adds them?

LucaBunny77

lol @ succint answer.

Anyway, no, not that I know of. Definetely not in stock (unless you count a certain easter egg... but even that is probably not what you want).

Also, what is [PLEASE ANSWER] supposed to do? Aren't all questions meant to be answered?

lol @ succint answer.

Anyway, no, not that I know of. Definetely not in stock (unless you count a certain easter egg... but even that is probably not what you want).

Also, what is [PLEASE ANSWER] supposed to do? Aren't all questions meant to be answered?

so there not in the game ... but is there a mod ;)?

As far as I know, there's no mod that adds "aliens", though some clarification would be nice.

Do you want things walking around on other planets? Just structures built on them? Ships that randomly visit? As far as I know there's no mod that does any of these, then again i'm not exactly an expert.

so there not in the game ... but is there a mod ;)?

No mod that I know of adds another race of beings into the game. I suppose it would be possible to make custom 'alien' faces and use TextureReplacer to make a few kerbals look like them, but you're still stuck with the 1m kerbal body. :P

I suppose you could also add alien ruins around other planets (using, say, the mod which powers Kerbin Side - forgot the name), but I seriously doubt anyone will ever mod something that will add ALIVE aliens, as in with an AI playing a ship or something like that.

There are mods that adds aliens ruins and artifacts and stuff. But no actual non-kerbal aliens.

Also, if we are talking about living,interactable alien, that might require some AI programming, which is something KSP haven't touch on yet.

Any pilot will tell you. If you get out there and explore enough, you'll see some straaaaaaange things.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577900900705153876/122AD6AD6164DADF540E6C16751343F1CA55C5E6/

Trees growing in solid ice, wow!

There are no living aliens, but there are plenty of presumably alien relics.

* Monoliths at many locations in the solar system (most, [perhaps all, I'm not sure] within the kerbin system) - resembling those from 2001 a space odyssey

* 1 Saucer shaped craft sticking out of the ice on kerbin, and 1 partially buried on Mun

* A dead alien squid creature (kraken) on Bop

* An obviously artificial "stonehenge" like structure on Val

* An obviously artificial Kerbal-like face on Duna

* Previously, a glowing asteroid like object with a monolith on it, orbiting Ike

* A camera sticking up above the sands of Duna, presumably attached to an alien (human?) rover buried underneath the sands.

* A pyrimid like hill, emitting a SSTV signal, that when decoded, displays some image showing humanoid figures (presumabl alien) - I'm not sure if this is still accessible.

I'm sure a mod could add "alien" EVAs... and maybe even replace some asteroids with derelict "alien" vessels.

But I'm not aware of any that have done this.

Edited by sal_vager

I think occasional UFOs might be cool. Something you probably couldn't get a good look at, but you might be on the ground at KSC and track something zipping around overhead at 30km.

Yep. That would be awesome. Just seeing lights a few kilometers away from you when flying planes, or something. The more rare and random it would be the better. And if it's movement was inteligent in some way. Maybe it would stay on our crafts six and fly away in different directions when being chased.

Edited by Veeltch

I think the easiest way to add in extrakerrestrial (it's a word, don't question me :P) life would be using the Terrain Scatter system. Obviously it wouldn't be animated in any way, but things like plantlife and large patches of algae on Laythe is a possibility. I highly doubt we'll get in any complex lifeforms or, say, alien spaceships. Don't think that's something that could be easily modded in, either.

Actually, thinking about it, you could maybe use the system contracts use to generate stranded kerbals? The contract generates an abandoned craft somewhere, and you have to return it to kerbin for a large amount of science? Maybe even treat the UFO as an asteroid instead. I don't know how viable it'd be to do that through modding.

Or a mission that suddenly pops up "Theres a fast moving object flying right over KSC! Go get it!" And then you have to get as close as possible to it and make a crew report.

EDIT: please someone make this a mod. I need it o.o

Edited by Veeltch

I think occasional UFOs might be cool. Something you probably couldn't get a good look at, but you might be on the ground at KSC and track something zipping around overhead at 30km.

Scramble the spacejets! Rendezvous with that foo fighter! We don't want to be lonely foreverrrrrrrr!

• 1 month later...

YES! I found this while attempting to land a spaceplane on Duna. Everyone I've talked to has never seen it before I have no idea how it happened. I saw a rocket taking off from the surface of Duna while flying the spaceplane in the atmosphere close to the ground. It's definitely not debris from my ship, 1. because all the debris is still orbiting the sun and 2. because the "rocket" is not labeled as debris, with the gray reticule and distance measurement. I followed it as best I could and the exhaust reacted the same way as a player's rocket's exhaust would, so it was definitely a rocket. At the top of the exhaust I can see a darker, gray-greenish rocket-shaped object that appears to be emitting the exhaust. After reverting back to my quicksave I went to the same spot and indeed the exact same thing happened. However, there is no base or space port place it came from. It just takes off. This is only the 2nd time I've been to Duna, and the first was a probe pod that was not capable of leaving the atmosphere and also had no fuel left, and was on the opposite side of the planet. This rocket appeared to travel quickly to the upper atmosphere, and arced into what seemed to be an orbit, and then the exhaust cut off and I couldn't find the object anymore. Maybe it became one of those unidentified objects? I have no idea but this was very weird.

weird.jpg

There are no visible aliens apart from the Kraken corpse on Bop, but there is evidence of their existence, such as the mysterious Ice Henge on Vall. There's also an alien relic on the Mun, apparently as a memorial to one of their astronauts.

OK, so we've got a funny man here. Nothing personal Pcasey, but you're full of it. What you're trying to sell is just not true.

There are no other creatures in the game except Kerbals.

There are no other launch facilities besides KSC, KSC2 and the island runway. (You can add more facilities with Kerbal Konstructs)

There is no AI that launches anything on its own.

You can try to convince others till the cows come home but it simply is not. PERIOD!