[Texturereplacer]-Daniels Intergalactic Skybox

daniel l.

Qiibm1K.png?1

This is just a black skybox speckled with the occasional galaxy, It is perfect for interstellar planet packs as it really accentuates the emptyness of space.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download:Dropbox

Download:Hi-Res starry

This mod requires texture replacer which is licensed under MIT License

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Edited by daniel l.
Modernized, And links fixed.

"Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License"

That is the limit of what you need to have in your post. Have it just hyperlink to the CC page for the rest. Including the whole thing is very spammy and distracting

i don't get it, is the galaxy skybox the totally black background with that tiny, eeny-weeny spiral galaxy thingy in the top right hand corner? cos i'm with you on the whole "a galaxy within a galaxy is weird" thing, but don't really see what is on offer. if it's a skybox, why not upload a screenshot of the thing from non-map gameplay view, maybe show a kerbal on EVA with your skybox rockin in the background? then we'd know what's up.

btw - not trying to be harsh, just interested in the mod so i wanna now more

I have made a awesome yet simple skybox to satisfy the starsystems users (Because starsystems makes a galaxy and a galaxy inside a galaxy is awkward ;) )

This is just a black skybox speckled with the occasional galaxy

http://i.imgur.com/cWgAr7J.png

Download:http://www./download/7og82wttlo7t0gw/Daniels_Intergalactic_Skybox.zip

This mod requires texture replacer which is licensed under MIT License

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

How do you have so many stars? when i look at the mod there is only 3...

I assure its not, But it is what you would would see if you left our home galaxy,

Its designed to be a backdrop for those who use starsystems.

- - - Updated - - -

Its part of my upcoming pack thats to include this skybox modded starsystems and (Hopefully) A full galactic disc and particle nebulas that you fly inside and experience the true home of kraken ;)

- - - Updated - - -

A more suiting pic is upcoming ;)

I assure its not, But it is what you would would see if you left our home galaxy,

Its designed to be a backdrop for those who use starsystems.

- - - Updated - - -

Its part of my upcoming pack thats to include this skybox modded starsystems and (Hopefully) A full galactic disc and particle nebulas that you fly inside and experience the true home of kraken ;)

- - - Updated - - -

A more suiting pic is upcoming ;)

OMG!!!! A real, Kerbal Galaxy... Cant wait!!!

that sounds awesome actually. i wish you success in your endeavour

without having read the other posts, the images look like kerbol left its galaxy 10 million years ago and is now in the void between galaxies. looks not bad but not good either, but a good point to expand i guess. anyways, thanks for your time and dedication

Yes you are right it is a intergalactic view

I designed it to explain why the universe is so small because here kerbol would be a ejected system or ing the case of star systems mod, a ejected cluster or dwarf galaxy

- - - Updated - - -

Your welcome, I actually made this in gimp in about 30 minutes

I would have expected to see something like the below link if we were ejected or escaped our own galaxy:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/details.php?id=PIA12110

A tiny bit of pollution from stars in our own galaxy but:

"This is so narrow, just a few foreground stars in our Milky Way galaxy are visible and are vastly outnumbered by the menagerie of far more distant galaxies"

A lot would not be visible with the naked eye but:

"Though the field is a very small sample of sky area it is considered representative of the typical distribution of galaxies in space because the universe, statistically, looks the same in all directions."

Certainly got me Googling for answers and yes, if you were in intergalactic space with no light and atmospheric pollution, chances are you would see nothing... wow - KSP teaches me stuffs every day ;)

If the galaxy a star was very large and bright, we would possibly still see it from 4,000 light years away - seems like a large number, but considering our own galaxy is 100,000 light years and we only see a fraction of it with the naked eye - then a skybox void of anything of interest is realistic ...and having a few distant galaxies in view is just lucky.

I guess I was too used to seeing skybox eye candy!

Thanks for making me do some interesting research :)

Edited by Deadpan110
lil correction

This is awesome ! Rep to you m80. :)

This really reminds that intergalactic medium is...empty.

I think you inspired me into modding.

Technical note : Galaxies inside galaxies are rather called star clusters, and are not akward at all ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.