[1.0.5]SKY - Scale-up Kerbalism for You - Kopernicus Rescale [v2.0]

SkyRex94

I have couple questions too:

1) What day length at Kerbin now?

2) Minmus scale is x1 or x3.7?

1: 12h

2: 3.7 scale. Its better because it has more mass this way and can be intercepted easier since its in solar Orbit now. I might fiddle with the PQS when Kopernicus fully allows it and I find some time

The atmos are stock scale. And thats intentional and not by accident: I find for planets 1/3 size of real life an 70km atmo is already pretty big if you consider the real one( first orbits around 160km, 'border' at 100-120km, even just 80km by NASA definition) And I like the feeling of a low orbit in 75km, as it lets the planet seem even bigger.

I never really got this 'scaled correctly' thing in terms of atmo, as if it would be scaled correctly in the first place the atmosphere of Kerbin should go into space at 10-20km in stock.

I never really got this 'scaled correctly' thing in terms of atmo, as if it would be scaled correctly in the first place the atmosphere of Kerbin should go into space at 10-20km in stock.

If Kerbin was subject to real physics, it wouldn't have much of an atmo to speak of. Whether it ended at 20 or 100km, it would be so thin as not to make any difference to rockets.

I just started a new save using SKY. Here are some notes for anyone else.

Slight change to launch location orientation so that equatorial launches are to the right, similar to stock. (in ...GameData/KSCSwitcher/LaunchSites.cfg)

PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = -6.5918
longitude = 118.5425
repositionRadiusOffset = 154
repositionToSphereSurface = false
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
reorientFinalAngle = 150 // New - Reorientate to launch to the right.
}

RemoteTech settings for new launch location. (in ...GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg)

STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
Name = Mission Control
// Latitude = -0.131331503391266 // stock KSC
// Longitude = -74.594841003418 // stock KSC
Latitude = -6.5918 // new - south site
Longitude = 118.5425 // new - south site
Height = 75
Body = 1
MarkColor = 0.996078,0,0,1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}

Slight change to launch location orientation so that equatorial launches are to the right, similar to stock. (in ...GameData/KSCSwitcher/LaunchSites.cfg)

- The remote tech settings for both launch sites arein the OP.

I will reorient the KSC too with next release (as soon as the Kopernicus-KSCSwitcher interference is fixed) , probably with a North-South Runway, so you can freely start to the east but it still feels different to stock

I just pushed an Update with the fixed KSCSwitcher included and by the way I rotated the main KSC.

The freezing bugs seem to be fixed, so you can play career mode safely with SKY now.

I just wanted to share a shuttle I built in the 3.7x system :D

I0hQe5W.jpg

wSIJVG5.jpg

Also, if anybody knows how to embed Imgur albums directly to a post I'd be grateful. I don't want to spam, but had to share these pics of 3.7x Kerbin :D

PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = -6.5918
longitude = 118.5425
repositionRadiusOffset = 154
repositionToSphereSurface = false
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
reorientFinalAngle = 150 // New - Reorientate to launch to the right.
}

RemoteTech settings for new launch location. (in ...GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg)

STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
Name = Mission Control
// Latitude = -0.131331503391266 // stock KSC
// Longitude = -74.594841003418 // stock KSC
Latitude = -6.5918 // new - south site
Longitude = 118.5425 // new - south site
Height = 75
Body = 1
MarkColor = 0.996078,0,0,1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}

I'd like to leech off your knowledge.

Using Kerbal Center switcher, how do I place the Kerbal Space Center in the desert, but along the equator so as to not change to stock flight profile?

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to share a shuttle I built in the 3.7x system :D

http://i.imgur.com/I0hQe5W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wSIJVG5.jpg

Also, if anybody knows how to embed Imgur albums directly to a post I'd be grateful. I don't want to spam, but had to share these pics of 3.7x Kerbin :D

You take the 'i.imgur.com/12345' link and do this:

squareBracketOpen-imgur-squareBracketClosed-12345-squareBracketOpen-forwardSlash-imgur-squareBracketClosed

Write that without dashes and using the actual bracket signs :)

I'd like to leech off your knowledge.

Using Kerbal Center switcher, how do I place the Kerbal Space Center in the desert, but along the equator so as to not change to stock flight profile?

Use the latitude from the config for the stock location. That's what controls whether you're on the equator or not. For longitude, land a ship near where you want to put KSC, note its longitude in the save file, then use that as the longitude for KSC.

Use the latitude from the config for the stock location. That's what controls whether you're on the equator or not. For longitude, land a ship near where you want to put KSC, note its longitude in the save file, then use that as the longitude for KSC.

Seems simple enough. Thanks.

Is there a way I can scale up kerbin to full earth size using the SKY config file? I tried changing the radius field, but it didn't seem to do anything. I should mention, the mod seems not to be working at all. Or do I need a 1.0.2 working RSS, and if so, where do I get that?

Edited by hydropos

Is there a way I can scale up kerbin to full earth size using the SKY config file? I tried changing the radius field, but it didn't seem to do anything. I should mention, the mod seems not to be working at all. Or do I need a 1.0.2 working RSS, and if so, where do I get that?

You need Kopernicus and KSCSwitcher, but they are inlcuded in the SKY download

You need Kopernicus and KSCSwitcher, but they are inlcuded in the SKY download

I unzipped the file from dropbox, then moved the 3 folders ("SKY", "KSCSwitcher", and "Kopernicus") into GameData (without modifying the config file, also without the "optional rings"). KSCSwitcher seems to be active, but neither kopernicus nor SKY seem to be active. Are they both 1.0.2 compatible? Is some other mod manager needed? Are there any known incompatibilities with ScienceAlert, KER, or EditorExtensions?

I unzipped the file from dropbox, then moved the 3 folders ("SKY", "KSCSwitcher", and "Kopernicus") into GameData (without modifying the config file, also without the "optional rings"). KSCSwitcher seems to be active, but neither kopernicus nor SKY seem to be active. Are they both 1.0.2 compatible? Is some other mod manager needed? Are there any known incompatibilities with ScienceAlert, KER, or EditorExtensions?

Well it should work fine the way you describe it. Yes they are definatly 1.0.2 compatible. It works fine with KER as I use it too, but for ScienceAlert and EE you should try if they don't like each other, any other mods installed?

Well it should work fine the way you describe it. Yes they are definitly 1.0.2 compatible. It works fine with KER as I use it too, but for ScienceAlert and EE you should try if they don't like each other, any other mods installed?

I just tried with no other mods installed (except KER), and no luck. I even verified the game cache beforehand. Just so I'm not missing anything, if the SKY and Kopernicus are working there will be another planet past Jool, and minmus will not appear in kerbin's orbit, right? Do I need to start a new game for it to take effect?

My next step will be to re-install KSP and see if that does it, but I'm still hoping that I'm missing something obvious.

Just discovered this while waiting patiently for RSS and 64k. Installed to quickly check it out and it looks real good. A little late for me to really try out but, this may be the scale that I'm looking for. Although I like the challenges of RSS and 64k, I just find stock scale to be way too easy (even 2x scale from 0.90 is too easy IMO). I think this may end up being the scale I use for my more "casual" installs once the Moho/Tylo bug gets resolved.

Also, has anyone tried playing this with Real Fuels + Stockalike Configs with the RF useRealisticMass setting set to False? Just curious if that setting makes it too difficult for this scale.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.