View from driver

GunK10wTqoBmtJ3kIOdi58AiMiL4wj9f4_v_gBV1-QY=w303-h170-p-no

View from guy in back seat

BTTW2mimkU_xbfMvaeNZ_HCaZQTsdaRUobYxT_C7Jxo=w304-h170-p-no

Here it is in the garage.

M1YJz47ibZv13EbK0aghs6gJLPFQd4qJETVV67ixwE0=w304-h170-p-no

Its. So. TINY!

PVoE3ouQQCcx8_m5EUKnY7kLu_vZBCp6WJIQqV72Nqs=w303-h170-p-no

*Inhales Deeply* Ahh, I love the smell of Kethane in the morning. How I am able to smell it through a helmet, I don't know.

This thing is TINY! I don't get how a kerbal could fit in there, much less 2! It works great with Bobcat's HOME Recon module, which is like a small rover garage.

Get HOME here (By Bobcat Ind.)!

(Scroll down near the bottom Look for "Home Legacy pack")

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

It has extendable solar panels (do not work, add your own, preferably those small single pane ones), deployable wheels (press G to deploy), a hatch, which must be opened before going on EVA (Unless you want to glitch out and send your kerbal flying away for about half a kilometer on Duna), and an antenna, which is currently non-functional. But at least the rover itself, the hatch, and the wheels work.

Rover Stats

Mass: 1.25 kilograms

Max Temp: 1500 degrees

Crash Tolerance: 30 m/s

Crew-capacity:2

Electrical charge: 100

Electrical charge used per second: 0.001

Detailed IVA

Nice Model

Controls: I, K, J, L (For controlling it on the surface, WSAD are for the reaction wheels.)

Powerful headlights

Even has a break light!

Only $4200! Buy today! (In game money, that is)

I was able to update Bobcat's DEMV Mark 5 rover to the new mod format. The mod uses (With permission from the original creator) Bobcat Ind.'s DEMV Mk. 5 rover, and Bobcat's CleverBobcat plugin, which is included with the mod. (Links down below) You use the I, K, J, and L keys like the WSAD keys to move around.

Rover Instructions

Step 1 - Once you have landed, press "G" to lower the wheels

Step 2 - Press I to roll off your lander or detach your skycrane (wsad are for getting the rover right-side up again in low gravity environments)

Step 3 - ???

Step 4 - Profit!

Download DEMV Mk. 5 (0.25.0, may work with 0.90.0)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmabtz10yq3h5s6/DEMV%20Mk.%205.zip?dl=0

Disclaimer:

I do not actually own this mod. I just updated it to the new mod format, and really I'm only just a teen who can edit config files. All credit goes to Bobcat Int, the original mod creator. But I have gotten permission from the original mod creator to use it.

The link to Bobcat Ind.'s Thread:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

Bobcat Ind. has this protected under a CC-BY-SA Creative Commons license. I have obeyed all standards set by Creative Commons.

All BobCat ind product 88x31.png License

Original Bobcat DEMV Dev page:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...at-Ind-Release

Cleverbobcat plugin:

http://cleverbobcat.codeplex.com/

Once again I must emphasize (because of the moderators) that I DO NOT OWN the original mod, and that all credit for the mod goes to Bobcat Ind. I am obeying the standards set by the Creative Commons License set by the original mod creator.

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

Edited by Raptor22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice!...I had been using ALL the DEMVs up to 0.24.5, using Pocket Panther and BlazingAngel's recompiles....Woud be nice to see the WHOLE DEMV line-up recompiled for 0.90... They are all excellent, and really timeless...

• 2 weeks later...

I had to transfer all of my files when my hard drive failed. But I'll be back at it soon! I need to figure out how to use Unity for KSP, but once I do I'll make an interior for the DEMV Mk. 1!

• 3 months later...
Think so played around with it not to long ago only thing that did work right was the solar panels.

Thanksies~ Just checked myself...

It does, but it bounces around like a superball if you disembark with the wheels down for some reason, oh well it is not too hard to remember to put them up.

• 1 month later...
Works with 1.0.4, so far, If you add solar cells to the rover they work well. One problem MechJeb v 2.5.3 rover autopilot will not work, any ideas?

Yeah, since all of BobCat's wheeled vehicles use his and CleverWalrus's custom plugin, MechJeb can't interface with it at all, it's been that way since... well, since BobCat and MechJeb, lol. :) Also, since the 'control' direction of the rover is 'up' (navball all blue, pointed at the sky), MJ would have a problem with THAT as well, so no dice. Best you'll be able to do is set your cruise control at a desired speed, if I remember correctly the default key is 'o', or use your right-click menu if that doesn't work. But yeah, following a heading or waypoints? No dice, sorry Pippa!

Later. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this work with 1.0.5? I installed the mod but can't find it in the VAB.

yes, I have Bobcats excellent  DEMV 1,2,3,4,5 and H.O.M.E 1 & 2 all work with 1.05 just fine.

Trouble is 64bit KSP 1.1 handles wheels in a completely different way and cleverbobcat.dll doesn't work.

Maybe Bobcat can update the dll to 64bit as everything else can stay the same

• 3 weeks later...

Demv Mark 5 works in KSP 1.1.2, however the wheels wont retract (no menu option when rightclicking) and won't spin & steer. Can't drive it. 

Really hope this mod gets a fix for that, I used it a lot!

Edited by Tyoi

• 1 month later...

I've not had enough time to learn how to do this code properly. Even though it is summer, I still have some summer classes I have to take (I would drop a class to make room, but it's a little late now) and summer band practice. I'm not going to be able to do much. 

Feel free to download the files and use them yourself. I got permission to update this, but now I'm handing it over to whoever is willing to take over. If you are unsure about this, contact Bobcat himself.

I will be closing this thread to further replies. If you want to discuss this with me, please private message me.

Could I have a moderator close this thread?