Interstellar Warfare (Multiplayer Project)

Bluedrake42

interstellarwarfare.png

CONCEPTUAL PROJECT / IDEA

Feel free to watch the following video, which thoroughly discusses this prospective project in detail.

-------------- CAUTION: STRONG LANGUAGE --------------

I originally didn't create this video with this thread in mind, so please forgive the informal attitude.

If you have difficulty tolerating strong language, feel free to read the FAQ listed below (which covers the same subject matter.)

WELCOME TO INTERSTELLAR WARFARE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Interstellar Warfare?

Interstellar Warfare is a conceptual multiplayer project for Kerbal Space Program, in which two competing teams battle for supremacy of the stars.

How will Interstellar Warfare work?

Interstellar Warfare PVP events will be hosted on our (the =DRK= Drakelings Community) community server running DarkMultiplayer.

The server will be hosting the following game modifications: BDArmory, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Kethane Pack, Interstellar, & the Kerbal Attachment System

What will gameplay be like?

Two competing teams will each start in orbit of their respective homeworld, accompanied by a single orbital shipyard and basic starting resources.

From there... each team will need to construct their fleet, gather resources, coordinate military assaults, and ultimately destroy their opponent's shipyard facilities.

The Kerbin Space Center will be disabled, warping/subspace will be disabled, and per-craft maximum part restrictions will be implemented.

How is this possible in Kerbal Space Program?

Extraplanetary Launchpads/Kethane Pack allows for complete independence from Kerbal Space Center facilities,

Interstellar allows for rapid (however balanced) travel between celestial bodies,

and Kerbal Attachment System allows for in-field management of deployed ships without the need for recovery.

This ultimately allows for real-time interstellar scale warfare between players within acceptable timeframes.

Then why is this project still "prospective?" Why isn't it happening already?

Unfortunately, DarkMultiplayer still has a few critical shortfalls (particularly damage networking) that currently makes combat between players impractical.

Then why are you posting this thread...?

We believe that these few minor issues will likely be corrected in the near future.

With this in mind... we decided to gauge the community interest of such a project/server by creating this thread.

If you are interested in this project, please let us know in the reply section below.

I'm interested... where do I sign up?

If/When the few issues with DMP are corrected to allow for this server to function correctly,

we will likely be coordinating the event/launch through our website and official Steam group.

If you would like to keep up with future developments of this project,

simply follow any updates posted to http://www.bluedrake42.com

and join our Steam Group at http://bluedrake42.com/community/link-forums/steam.114/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU IN BATTLE!

Edited by Bluedrake42

• 1 month later...

This needs to happen! I downloaded DMP just for this! Whats's the server info? I want to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!! From your video I can see it works! I'll be target practice on the ground! I don't care! Just let me in on the action!

Edited by roxedboxer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.