[1.0.4] Munar Industries - Modular Fuel Tank Expansion (BETA)

Munar Industries

FYI - many tanks are incorrectly labeled as 2.25m - 2.5m is the standard size.

EDIT: Also, the three parts in the FuelTank/Radial_Adapt_LG directory are all still identical.

I labeled everything based off of this chart. I'm having trouble finding the offenders. Can you give me their model numbers from the descriptions?

The three tanks in the FuelTank/Radial_Adapt_LG directory are not identical. The unslanted one fits the regular Mk3 to 2.5m Adapter.

The slanted ones attach to the MK3 to 2.5m Adapter Slanted. There are 2 because the mirror feature doesn't actually mirror it rotates the part,

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

I labeled everything based off of this chart. I'm having trouble finding the offenders. Can you give me their model numbers from the descriptions?

The three tanks in the FuelTank/Radial_Adapt_LG directory are not identical. The unslanted one fits the regular Mk3 to 2.5m Adapter.

The slanted ones attach to the MK3 to 2.5m Adapter Slanted. There are 2 because the mirror feature doesn't actually mirror it rotates the part,

Cheers!

Ok yeah.. I see what i did with the measurements. I get dyslexic when I'm tired. It hasn't been helping that i usually work on this thing at 4 am. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok yeah.. I see what i did with the measurements. I get dyslexic when I'm tired. It hasn't been helping that i usually work on this thing at 4 am. Thanks for the heads up.

Aha, my fault, you're right - I didn't even notice the first couple times I looked! Not identical.

Thanks!

I hope you enjoy the new parts. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Aha, my fault, you're right - I didn't even notice the first couple times I looked! Not identical.

Well, They are nearly identical. I wish the stock parts only required one adapter. It's the one thing that really makes me feel like this mod is too bloaty.

Sadly, it is unavoidable. I still have hope, however, that Squad will address the mirroring issue and I can drop one of them.

Cheers!

Bug! Radial connection causes odd flipping.

http://i.imgur.com/3O3b7JA.jpg

This is unfortunately a fault of the editor. When mirroring, parts do not scale inversely like they should, but instead rotate. As in the case of the tanks attached to the orange tank. And then confusingly, only translate when you attach something else to them.

Try it with any other asymmetrical part and you will see it.

Cheers!

Edited by Munar Industries

This is unfortunately a fault of the editor. When mirroring, parts do not scale inversely like they should, but instead rotate. As in the case of the tanks attached to the orange tank. And then confusingly, only translate when you attach something else to them.

Try it with any other asymmetrical part and you will see it.

Cheers!

Ok. In that case, how do other asymmetrical parts handle it? Or is there a way for these parts to force the editor to flip them another 180 degrees (the un-matched part)? That would solve most of the mirror-symmetry problem. Actually, how do normal parts fare with the current system? I always thought it was based on angle-inversion, but I could be wrong.

Ok. In that case, how do other asymmetrical parts handle it? Or is there a way for these parts to force the editor to flip them another 180 degrees (the un-matched part)? That would solve most of the mirror-symmetry problem. Actually, how do normal parts fare with the current system? I always thought it was based on angle-inversion, but I could be wrong.

Here's a LINK from an /r/KerbalSpaceProgram post complaining about the problem. It's the exact same error occurring with a stock part.

Here's a LINK from an /r/KerbalSpaceProgram post complaining about the problem. It's the exact same error occurring with a stock part.

That's odd- because I can see a solution to this problem. In theory- assuming the parts have at least bilateral symmetry.

Since the part angle (relative to another part) is based around the 360 degree system (you can rotate a part all the way around another part for surface-connection), why not designate an arbitrary angle zero, and set the opposite peice so that the angle of interaction is equivalent to the other side's angle of interaction +/- the angle off that initial interaction (piece that your mouse is touching at this time)?

That's odd- because I can see a solution to this problem. In theory- assuming the parts have at least bilateral symmetry.

Since the part angle (relative to another part) is based around the 360 degree system (you can rotate a part all the way around another part for surface-connection), why not designate an arbitrary angle zero, and set the opposite peice so that the angle of interaction is equivalent to the other side's angle of interaction +/- the angle off that initial interaction (piece that your mouse is touching at this time)?

I agree. It shouldn't be difficult to set up the order of operations so that they inherit transforms from the parent during "mirroring".

I put mirroring in quotes there because it still doesn't mirror. It rotates instead of inverting the scale along the mirrored axis like it should.

That said, if you did that you would likely have to also flip the surface normals. I doubt they are rendering backfaces because that would be pretty stupid from a performance perspective.

Anyway, I still hold out hope that Squad will address it before KSP v1.0. There is no way they can not be aware of it.

Cheers!

The unlock order in career mode doesn't make the most sense... I was unlocking the 3.75m RCS tank at the same time as some of my 1.25m tanks! Just a heads up for you!

Yeah, I must have missed that one. I'll go through all of them over the weekend and update sometime this Sunday.

Thanks!

Yeah, I must have missed that one. I'll go through all of them over the weekend and update sometime this Sunday.

Thanks!

OK... I didn't get to it yet. GDC stuff got in the way. Since getting parts too early in career isn't exactly a show stopper, I promise I'll get to it by this upcoming Sunday. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly, Dwight. The stuff inside the mod's GameData folder should go inside the game's GameData folder - the directory structures should be parallel.

Example:

Mod's zip file:

GameData\ModFolderName\Parts\SomeStuff <-- put this stuff inside KSP's GameData folder, as the directory structure suggests

How your KSP GameData folder should look:

KSP_Win\GameData\ModFolderName\Parts\SomeStuff

How it should NOT look:

KSP_Win\GameData\GameData\ModFolderName\Parts\SomeStuff

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, just downloaded your mod. I put the GameData into the Game's GameData folder, but I can't access the parts. I can use the flag, though. Did I do something wrong?

AccidentalDisassembly is 100% correct. Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question myself in time. I hope his explanation solved your issues.

Cheers!

Err...I'd take a look at the fuel amounts in the 0.625m tanks with ModularFuelTanks installed:

http://i.imgur.com/eTboiqL.png

It looks like a mistake in the FuelswitchPatch.cfg not MFT. In fact, the entire 0.625m series appear to have incorrect values. They currently have the same resource amounts as the 1.25m tanks.

Munar Industries, here's a corrected version for your consideration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.