[1.0.4] Munar Industries - Modular Fuel Tank Expansion (BETA)

Munar Industries

Cool parts!

IMHO, TT-LT1 should have CLS config.

@PART[MI_Toroid_LG]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
passableWhenSurfaceAttached = false
surfaceAttachmentsPassable = false
}
}

Some tanks have wrong dry mass in fuel switch config. For example, Piepan has 3t dry mass, despite the part itself is 0.25t.

Thanks for catching that. I will make the appropriate changes in the next revision. :)

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I saw on reddit you're making rovers :D

This is true. :)

They are mostly parts that work with the existing Mk2 & Mk3 cross sections so they can be used for rovers or whatever you like.

When I'm ready I'll start a thread about it.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Cool parts!

IMHO, TT-LT1 should have CLS config.

@PART[MI_Toroid_LG]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
passableWhenSurfaceAttached = false
surfaceAttachmentsPassable = false
}
}

Sounds like a reasonable thing to add and you have made it easy for me so how can I refuse? :)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Munar Industries

Would it be possible to add at squat (pancake?) version of the 2.5 to 3.75 adapter tank? It seems that it is the only size that is missing!

Great mod - especially the toroidal tanks.

Peace.

That is planned along with at least 2 other tanks. I just haven't been able to find the time to build them yet.

Cheers

Edited by Munar Industries

• 3 weeks later...
May I suggest that wedge tanks should have a small "skirt" protruding past their core-facing side, so they would fit without a gap on small diameter cores

____
Current: / \
| |
| |
|______|

____
Should be: / \
| |
| |
|______|
| |

Actually, the skirts will come when I do structural parts. You will be able to attach them in different lengths.

It's a bit more flexible that way. No more unshrouded nukes.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Hey everybody,

Sorry for my absence. Work pretty much took over my life and with a new XCOM out I just ended up wussing out on updates. Also, after Kerbalstuff went down I got kinda frustrated. But now we have Spacedock!

So... We have a shiny new overhaul and what seems to be nearly final implementation of KSP. (Insofar as it would affect fundamental architecture.)

I'm currently trying to update for InterstellarFuelSwitch (which has changed a bit) and Crossfeed Enabler. Once those are in the can I'll finally make good on my promise to hook up Tweakscale. It also seems that FSFuelSwitch got some love since we switched to InterstellarFuelSwitch so I'm going to look into support for both simultaneously. Hopefully w/o creating conflicts. I'm not sure this is possible but I think Necrobones has done it in his fuel tank mods. Not completely sure on that so don't quote me.

It is my hope to have everything working sometime next weekend. I will do my best and update with any changes or delays here.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and give a long overdue update to let everyone know I haven't completely abandoned anything.

Cheers!

Munar Industries

PS - The work on rover parts also continues. :)

Edited by Munar Industries
Spelling

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Squad should just add those parts to stock. Awesome work, @Munar Industries .

On 2017-5-7 at 5:50 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on updating this mod.  All suggestions are welcome.

Oh! Thx for continuing the mod! I'm kinda new to the ksp modding scene and never booted the game with this particular mod... but:

• I see this mod was once compatible with InterstellarFuelSwitch. Now I am using ConfigurableContainers for my stock parts. What should I install for TAC-LS/Karbonite resources to work with Modular Fuel Tank Expansion? 
  • Was MF Tank Expansion ever compatible with Tweakscale? If not, could something be done about that?
  • Would it be avaliable on CKAN?

Thanks again! :)

Edited by pocolaton

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.