[1.2.2] TestFlight - v1.8.0 - 01 May 2017 - Bring Flight Testing to KSP!

Agathorn

Here are some test configs for KW Rocketry. They are based off of the stats of Corax's post.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/KWRocketry_LFO.cfg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/KWRocketry_Solids.cfg

Edit: Just updated them. Realized I forgot the gimbal lock failure.

And a stock engine config based on the same values, should cover all stock engine except RCS type

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/Stock_Engines.cfg

Edited by icedown

Found an error in all of the configs i created. I had TestFlightReliabilityCurve as the name instead of TestFlightReliability for one of the modules. They have been updated, links should still work.

Also here is a Stock tank config. This will not cover every other type of tank, only stock, but will remove the leaky heatshields and engines. Probably post one soon that will work a little bit better for unknown mod packs, as well as a KW tank one.

All of the rocket tanks transfer tech. None of the spaceplane ones do yet. I've got to sit down and figure out how that needs to be laid out. This also has heatshields, batteries, fuel cells, and rtg.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/Stock_Tanks.cfg

Edited by icedown
Reworking generic config

Ok, I think I finally got a default config file to work. Here are all the links. They are sure to work as well as the new engines you just researched.

All Default

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/TestFlight_Defaults.cfg

Stock

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/Stock_Tanks.cfg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/Stock_Engines.cfg

KW Rocketry Engines

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/KWRocketry.cfg

TAC Life Support

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/TACLS.cfg

Edited by icedown

Not sure why, but FlightDataRecorder_Engine does not appear to be working on the KW Rocketry engines. They configs look fine while loaded in. Flight data does not get added up while engine is active though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/output_log_TFKW.txt

I'm guessing since they don't ignite and burn at full power immediatly, they probably use their own custom ignition. If this is not a common thing among engine mods, I can simply rewrite the KW configs to use engine data all the time, but at a highly reduced data rate.

Edited by icedown

Ok, I'm going to guess that 0.000001 is the max reliability.

Configs have been updated. The links above should have the new files. Simply drop them in place and the failure rates should update, but you should not lose your precious flight data you already have.

Reliability curve now starts with MTBF at 200 seconds.

Command modules will only leak Electric Charge

No more random resource leaks, this way it will play better with other resource mods. To make the other mods leak, i'll have to create a config for the mod.

Until a fix for engines that do not use ModuleEngines(eg KW) those parts will not be able to record any flight data

TAC Life Support Config Posted - Command pods will not leak these (Any part with food/water/oxygen except command pods will random leak until I find a way to rebuild the resourceToLeak variable in MM)

Request any other mods that you like.

Edited by icedown
Had a RTFM moment

Hey all, sorry apparently the KSP forums decided to silently drop my thread subscription (again) so I wasn't getting update emails :(

icedown thank you for all your contributions. Give me a little time to catch up.

> Ok, I'm going to guess that 0.000001 is the max reliability.

More accurately it is the minimum failure rate, yes. I am pretty sure I had set that due to precision issues, but I need to look again. The need for lower failure rates or some other solution has been mentioned a few times now so I need to look into it.

> Not sure why, but FlightDataRecorder_Engine does not appear to be working on the KW Rocketry engines. They configs look fine while loaded in. Flight data does not get added up while engine is active though.

Not sure what is up there, unless KW is doing something weird. I will take a look.

Not sure what is up there, unless KW is doing something weird. I will take a look.

The KW engines don't have a ModuleEngines on them. They use ModuleEnginesFX, which appears to have the same format in the part config.

The KW engines don't have a ModuleEngines on them. They use ModuleEnginesFX, which appears to have the same format in the part config.

ModuleEngineFX is basically the same thing, just with FX capability and should be fully supported. Pretty much every engine in RO is MEFX and they work fine.

So 'm about to give this a try, i only use stock parts os what i wanted to ask is: why is there a test flight and a seperate download for stock configs? Also you might wanna check the link on CKAN it leads to the old thread.

So 'm about to give this a try, i only use stock parts os what i wanted to ask is: why is there a test flight and a seperate download for stock configs? Also you might wanna check the link on CKAN it leads to the old thread.

There are separate downloads because the core plugin itself is separated from the configs. If you are playing stock then you want the core and the stock configs.

This is very interesting and I will give this mod a try very soon. I previously tried other failure mods but they were either too random or too non-interactive for my tastes.

TestFlight however has a well designed structure and allows the player to perform 'proofing' runs to ensure crucial systems perform to spec before a 'real' mission, so I'll definitely be interested to give it a shot.

What would happen if I run TestFlight and Dangit! together, I wonder. Epic fails everywhere? Many booms? :D

I have been trying to figure out how to repair parts and I still don't know. Even if I have an engineer I can't repair parts. I just keep getting acknowledge. I tried using the repair panel and that doesn't work either.

• 2 weeks later...

CKAN draws metadata from Kerbal Stuff. Unfortunately this has not be updated yet. Kerbal Stuff says it is outdated and not 1.0.4 compatible yet. Still one thing at a time. This is great a mod and worth the wait to get the config smooth. This awesome work so far guys. :D

I'm interested in this mod but before I try, I first want to know if the proposal made in the Test Flight wiki is already implemented or in the works right now.

I really don't like the idea of failures being completely random, without a clear cause to the issue. So it'd be nice if the Complex method proposed there is already implemented, or at least in the works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only just started using this mod, so perhaps this changes, but how do people manage long-running unmanned satellites?

I've launched a comm sat (for remote tech), and I've had a battery failure already. All of the batteries have 10,000 du (the max?) but only an 833 minute MTBF. Should I expect them all to fail within a few days, then?

Bug Report: At 40 years in game time (probably less also) data collection stops working.

Found this on Mac and it's easily reproducible, would be great if someone could try it on Windows as well. Tested on clean install of KSP 1.0.4 with TestFlight v1.3.1 (stock configs) and BetterTimeWarp v2.0 (Though not necessary, just makes it easier to fast forward time).

To reproduce:

- Start a new career.

- Check TestFlight working as normal - Launch rocket from VAB/SPH and verify data is ticking up after launching.

- Go back to Space Centre and a) Use BetterTimeWarp to fast forward to year 40+ or B) quit to menu and edit UT to 409470000

- Launch a new rocket (Command pod and flea is fine)

- If bug is present, the value for du in the TestFlight window will remain at 0.00

Javascript is disabled. View full album

From the debug menu, it looks like it's counting MET badly, as it stay at 0 then jumps to 32 after 30 seconds. I have no idea how the mod works though so i'll be quiet now :D

p.s. Is this mod still in development? Haven't seen much activity lately

Edit: Almost forgot Output Log

Edited by Rokanov

• 3 weeks later...

So, I see Testflight in CKAN now, but it is listed as incompatible. I'm guessing that's because it is listed as being for KSP 1.0.2. But isn't it compatible with 1.0.4 (I'm *using* it with 1.0.4)? Is this just an issue of a configuration file that needs to be updated to say that Testflight is compatible with 1.0.4?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.