[1.2.2] TestFlight - v1.8.0 - 01 May 2017 - Bring Flight Testing to KSP!

Agathorn

On 5/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, maculator said:

Doesn't do anything for me :S I'll just reinstall clean and see if I get it to work. If not I'll provide a log. MM is the only dependency I know, right?

Lol I'm an idiot^^ Place and then click, got it roger roger. Will it also work with othert part mods or do they need configs? (Eyeballing for KW rocketry and near future stuff)

Thanks for your help.

A part needs to have a config to work with TestFlight, but configs can be setup to work with multiple parts.  You said you were using Stock configs provided by someone, so it just depends on how those are setup.  But yes, the part needs to have a config for it to work.

22 hours ago, Starstrider42 said:

Hmm... after some experimenting, it looks like the R&D button only works if the part config has a TestFlightCore module and a TestFlightInterop module, in that order. Is that supposed to happen? The ordering requirement seems a bit weird.

Both are required but order in the CFG shouldn't matter one bit to the best of my knowledge.

Is this compatible with Dang It?  I like aspects of both mods (TestFlight- you can increase reliability of parts through practice; Dang It- you still have the possibility of parts breaking), and am thinking of using both at the same time.  Anyone have any experience with that?

• 2 weeks later...

for failures that dont overlap yes itd be compatible, but also a bit pointless
last check, testflight had all the same failures available, and even full reliability still have a chance to break

• 2 weeks later...

Reading up on this mod. Sounds really cool. 

In the description it talks about reliability increasing in subsequent uses of the "same part". Does this mean reusing the exact same recovered part or simply the next time you build a rocket with the same part model (i.e. Another LVT-30 engine, for example)?

thanks!

It's the same model. TestFlight doesn't know about mods like StageRecovery, and it wouldn't make sense anyway -- the reasoning behind that rule is that parts you've built and flown many times before should have any bugs, manufacturing defects, etc. worked out, so they're actually higher quality than the "same" part when it was first introduced.

Edited by Starstrider42

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

Is anyone still using this? Im considering removing it but I thought I would ask first before I give up on it. Using it in RP-0. Maybe Im just not doing things right, engine quits early in the same place every time.

Rated burn times for engines are a key feature of TestFlight. The detailed part information in the VAB includes maximum burn times for each engine variation and if you try to burn the engine for longer than that then its failure chance goes up VERY rapidly.

For example the rated burn time of the early tech aerobee (WAC corporal) engines is only 50 seconds. More advanced engines later in the tech tree and engines designed for deep space probes will likely have longer rated burn times.

It is rated for 2 mins and 20 secs, Im going 1 min 55 secs. I even started cutting it back to less than that. Still flaming out at around 10 secs prior to end time. Tried many times and still keep getting the same. Several flights in a row but it never changes. No improvement or change in any flight. They dont even vary. Makes me wonder whats going on and if I just dont understand. Just duplicating Nathan Kell's tutorial. It makes hot staging impossible.

RD103m

Im wondering if I havent flown it enough yet. the info says 2.20 Maybe its still in its early mode even though its says 2.20

There is a strong possibility that I dont know what I am doing yet. lol :)

Edited by Kevin Kyle

30 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

RD103m

Yes that should be 140s.

31 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

Maybe its still in its early mode even though its says 2.20

Grasping at straws here but you did select the correct variant in the engine GUI? If you middle click on the engine in the VAB (after it's attached to your rocket) it should show the current stats including burn time.

Yep , i did that, that is where I got the 2 min 20 secs from. Something isnt right though. Ive done something wrong somehow. I dropped it back to a 1 min 10 sec burn and that went just fine but hot staging isnt working for me and the AJ10 isnt firing up correctly now. Go figure! I even rebuilt all of those 2 stages. I think what I am going to do is to start the tutorial over again from the beginning. Cant hurt anything and I am likely to just learn more from the process. Maybe I will figure out what I am not doing right. I have to believe Im not doing something right. I bet its something about researching and such and buying the upgraded engines that I am not doing correctly. Oh, and I need to do more reading I think as well. Starting with the Test Flight mod. Also, you said that should be 1 min 40 but the middle mouse click on the engine says 2 mins 20. Something is wrong, maybe I made some mistake installing the whole RO/RSS/RP-0 thing. I will however gladly except any ideas that you might have. :) Oh and TY for trying to help, I appreciate that very much.

Hi, I'm getting nullrefs like:

[ERR 23:49:51.640] AssetLoader: Cannot find bundle definition with name 'TestFlight/testflight'

[EXC 23:49:51.641] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSPAssets.Loaders.AssetLoader+<LoaderRoutine>d__53.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    KSPAssets.Loaders.AssetLoader:LoadAssets(Action`1, AssetDefinition[])
    TestFlightCore.TestFlightKSCWindow:Start()

I'm using TestFlight 1.8.0.1 with KSP 1.2.2 and RSS/RO/RP-0. What should I check?

Hi, I am using KSP 1.2.2 with RSS/RO/RP-0, TestFlight 1.8.0.1 and a stock 4m heatshield gets a leak and then explodes... i found the following clues:

[ERR 19:05:36.211] Module TestFlightFailure_ResourceLeak threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TestFlight.TestFlightFailure_ResourceLeak.DoFailure () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TestFlight.TestFlightFailure_ResourceLeak.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 19:07:03.812] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.

[ERR 19:07:07.599] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.

[ERR 19:07:07.668] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.

[ERR 19:07:07.740] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.

[LOG 19:07:11.682] HeatShield2 Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.5

What should I do?

8 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Is this mod still alive?

Take a look at this beautiful spreadsheet, i have a RO installation on 1.3.0 running, no major porblems so far. Testflight works as well with the dlls from the spreadsheet links.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A7gQkIiQKi0VtRecE6p86KCKuoawZPdzk7NlaxssRJ4/edit#gid=0

So the fact that plugins needed a recomplile with both v1.3 and 1.3.1...?  I mean, are you saying that your logfiles confirm that you are not throwing silent errors that would potentially conflict with mods that I might be running that don't appear in yours?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I'm blind but could someone explain the Difficulty/Performance Settings, what are "FlightData Multiplier" and "FlightData Engineer Multiplier"?  The tooltip is a little obtuse (or maybe I am).

EDIT: Nevermind, I spent the day reading up on everything.

Edited by TranceaddicT
derpiness