[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

When using Lazor Systems, I am noticing an interesting problem in that my screenshots come out inverted. I am thinking this is related to Lazor System, as without the mod, my screenshots turn out fine, however with it, the inverted behaviour persists.

When I have the console on (normal game play), and press F1 to take a screenshot, they come out fine.

However, when I turn off the console (F2) for scenic shots, all my screenshots come out vertically inverted.

I have tried changing camera perspectives (auto, free, chase, orbital) thinking that it was related, to no avail.

http://imgur.com/a/C6Dg1

While I can fix this in Paint, Photoshop, etc, it'd be nice to not have to do this. I have tried changing camera perspectives (auto, orbital, free, chase) to no avail.

I am running 0.24.2 (x86) with the following mods: http://imgur.com/1lVJ0t7

Here is my output_log.txt, if anyone is interested in it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28uqosmpyl839g7/output_log.txt

Edited by Darkblade48

Hello Romfarer, I would like to tell you that I have noticed a weird issue with the latest version of your Lazor Docking Cam mod, the only thing I use from your Lazor System, and a very useful mod, but recently, when doing orbital docking maneuvers around Mun to dock a ship with a station, your mod made the navball to display totally incoherent relative speed values on the navball in target mode as my ship was closing the intersect point with the station's orbit. Also, the prograde and retrograde markers of the navball were put to totally wrong places in target mode, which made me fail several times the same docking maneuver.

Here is my mod list :

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/deca4c50-df88-4376-9cd4-d5c557c44504.jpg

The last two folders are TAC Fuel Balancer and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

I made several tests to ensure which mod was responsible of this issue and it appeared it was your Lazor Docking Cam. This was confirmed by two last tests, the first one with all my mods and without Lazor Docking Cam, and the second one with only Kerbal Engineer (all my ships and stations have the computer flight unit from Kerbal Engineer) and Lazor Docking Cam.

As I really love your docking cam, could you please fix this ?

I had this problem too. Additionally, it also caused another issue: When I hit the ESC key, the window that usually appears pops up appears normally except it didn't pause the game the way it usually does.

When using Lazor Systems, I am noticing an interesting problem in that my screenshots come out inverted. I am thinking this is related to Lazor System, as without the mod, my screenshots turn out fine, however with it, the inverted behaviour persists.

When I have the console on (normal game play), and press F1 to take a screenshot, they come out fine.

However, when I turn off the console (F2) for scenic shots, all my screenshots come out vertically inverted.

I have tried changing camera perspectives (auto, free, chase, orbital) thinking that it was related, to no avail.

http://imgur.com/a/C6Dg1

While I can fix this in Paint, Photoshop, etc, it'd be nice to not have to do this. I have tried changing camera perspectives (auto, orbital, free, chase) to no avail.

I am running 0.24.2 (x86) with the following mods: http://imgur.com/1lVJ0t7

Here is my output_log.txt, if anyone is interested in it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28uqosmpyl839g7/output_log.txt

I had that problem in my previous .23 install. What caused it for me was the Lazor Camera, removing it from the craft fixed it. Though it hasn't happened to me in .24.2 x32 or x64.

I had that problem in my previous .23 install. What caused it for me was the Lazor Camera, removing it from the craft fixed it. Though it hasn't happened to me in .24.2 x32 or x64.

Is the Lazor camera that you refer to the main Lazor System module (the dome shaped black module)?

Trying to narrow down the problem was quite interesting. I had a ship in Kerbin orbit with some Lazor System parts.

Booting up the game, if I jump to any ship other than the ship with Lazor Systems, my screenshots are fine.

However, once I switch to the ship with the Lazor System parts, then any other screenshot I take without the console will be inverted. This inversion happens for the ship with the Lazor System Parts, other ships that I switch to, flags, etc.

If I reboot the game, provided I do not jump to the ship with the Lazor System parts, my consoleless screenshots work fine, and are not inverted.

Seeing if it was ship related, I tried a simple stock ship, but with a Lazor System part, and the screenshot inversion occurred again.

Quite an interesting bug.

Hey Romfarer, are you going to put a button texture in there anytime soon? I have the Lazor docking cam installed and it leaves a blank white square next to the resources button in the top left corner. The mod feels incomplete without a proper button texture

If you can't see the texture you have to send me your log so i can figure out why it's not loading properly...

Hello Romfarer, I would like to tell you that I have noticed a weird issue with the latest version of your Lazor Docking Cam mod, the only thing I use from your Lazor System, and a very useful mod, but recently, when doing orbital docking maneuvers around Mun to dock a ship with a station, your mod made the navball to display totally incoherent relative speed values on the navball in target mode as my ship was closing the intersect point with the station's orbit. Also, the prograde and retrograde markers of the navball were put to totally wrong places in target mode, which made me fail several times the same docking maneuver.

Here is my mod list :

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/deca4c50-df88-4376-9cd4-d5c557c44504.jpg

The last two folders are TAC Fuel Balancer and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

I made several tests to ensure which mod was responsible of this issue and it appeared it was your Lazor Docking Cam. This was confirmed by two last tests, the first one with all my mods and without Lazor Docking Cam, and the second one with only Kerbal Engineer (all my ships and stations have the computer flight unit from Kerbal Engineer) and Lazor Docking Cam.

As I really love your docking cam, could you please fix this ?

Please send me a persistence or save file with a little description of what exactly you have to do to reproduce this bug.

Please send me a persistence or save file with a little description of what exactly you have to do to reproduce this bug.

Here you are : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqzhda0dluva4f1/Kerbal%20Trek.zip

All you have to do is to have at least two mods installed, Kerbal Engineer and your Lazor Docking Cam, then load the game and, in the tracking station, go to the ship "Mun Science Lander III", then dock it with the station "Mun Science Station", there is already a maneuver node for the docking maneuver. You can retry as many times as you want it, I have made a quick save before the node, just load it :)

Some time prior to this I had succeeded in several others maneuvers, but this time, with this node, the bug occurs every time I try the maneuver with the Lazor Docking Cam mod installed. So it shouldn't be difficult to reproduce it :) When the navball is in target mode and at less than 2 min form the intersect point, look carefully at the relative speed values, you will see the value increasing suddenly without any matching with the value you can estimate yourself just by putting the mouse pointer at the station and looking at the distance changing. At the same time the speed value start to increase, you will also see the prograde and retrograde marker moving.

Concerning the Lazor Camera (the one you mount anywhere, not Docking Camera): is there a way to make that full screen instead of just the small pic-in-pic? If not, Romfarer, would you be so kind as to add that to your list of potential improvements?

Man I'd been hoping the docking cam mod would be around somewhere again.. I didn't realise it had integrated here. Thanks for keeping this one alive as it's better than the also fine Docking Alignment Indicator, and making it even usable still as a separate mod.

Edited by SmiteZero

Man I'd been hoping the docking cam mod would be around somewhere again.. I didn't realise it had integrated here. Thanks for keeping this one alive as it's better than the also fine Docking Alignment Indicator, and making it even usable still as a separate mod.

If you'd just like the docking cam alone, like I do, you can look on Romfarer's list of projects on Curse to find the standalone Lazor Docking Camera.

Lazor Docking Cam issue(?)

I first noticed this with Touhou Torpedo's Mk3 Docking Port. The port spawns in the VAB with the actual port to the side, and one end of the fuselage piece facing upward. The result was that the docking cam "looked" forward through the end of the part instead of up through the port it's self.

I "fixed" it, but using Module Manager and another config file to make the part spawn in the VAB with the port at the top. I then had to rotate the part to join it to other Mk3 parts from Touhou, but that was no big deal.

Now I find that the Space Plane Plus docking port, which also spawns in the same aspect, ALSO has the same problem. Oddly, the "cam" view in Raster Prop Monitor "looks" through the port as it should.

All of which leads to to wonder who is doing it "wrong" here? Could the Lazor Docking Cam be made to work as the cam in RPM does? Is the mod I made to the Mk3 port the only answer? Should SP+ have it's model turned the other way?

The cam in RPM works, but I REALLY prefer the floating window of LDC... Any thoughts Romfarer?

Hi Romfarer

I wanted to extend the yellow lazors resource transfer range from 10 to 20 km to suit my needs. As its coded into your .dll i tried to recompile from your source. I got all references correct, except I get 2 errors in CameraFilter.cs. In line 288 and 306 theres an ImageEffectBase that could not be found, do I need another reference for this?

Best regards

Edited by Haifi

I am also getting the bug with docking cam stand-alone showing wrong velocities on the navball when targeting a ship and closing in for docking.

It also bugs the ship you are trying to dock to, when you switch to the ship it appears to have disappeared and all GUI is glitched with the buttons not working (I think this is why the navball issues arise as the ship you are targeting becomes glitched and unable to be targeted properly so it targets something else).

All I had to do to reproduce was approach a ship in kerbin orbit having docking ports on both ships. I think it starts when the ship you are approaching enters rendering distance from your current ship.

The console also spams null reference errors when this starts.

In all I think this is due to the ship entering the extended rendering range the mod adds but something goes wrong in the process, though I'm testing still to see exactly what triggers it.

Edit: I tried reducing the render distance to the default amount in the lazor settings and it fixed the issue.

Edited by Spagoose

Got the bug again with the shuttle

What i did was got into a stable orbit with the robotic arm

opened the cargo bay and then closed it and got spammed with nulls

I would upload all the log but its just to big so i only got the bit where it started:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Game State Saved as quicksave

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Active Vessel is under acceleration (G = 0.444770699334779). Cannot save.

[VesselSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:101)

Game Paused!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Part.partPause () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.SetPause (Boolean pauseState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PauseMenu.Display () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PauseMenu.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Game Unpaused!

at Part.partUnpause () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PauseMenu.Close () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Game Paused!

Game Unpaused!

Game Paused!

Game Unpaused!

Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

...ModuleDecouple module found at index 0.

PartModule is null.

...ModuleActiveStrutFreeAttachTarget module found at index 1.

PartModule is null.

...ModuleStagingToggle module found at index 2.

PartModule is null.

...ModuleTweakableDecouple module found at index 3.

PartModule is null.

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.recurseCoMs (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.findWorldCenterOfMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

Space Shuttle Endeavour Debris Unloaded

NullReferenceException

at Vessel.findLocalCenterOfMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoVessel..ctor (.Vessel VesselRef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Unload () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Packing Space Shuttle Endeavour for orbit

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

Space Shuttle Endeavour Debris Unloaded

NullReferenceException

at Vessel.findLocalCenterOfMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoVessel..ctor (.Vessel VesselRef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Unload () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

Is there an another download for romfarer by any chance?

I haven't been able to get on Curse forge since I switched internet carriers.

I'm quite pissed at the site since I've only been able to get on it ounce before and ive spent hours trying to fix it. Seeing "The connection was reset" and "No data received" is quite frustrating especially when allot of the best mods are switching to curse.

I have a few friends who have had the same problem on the site trying to download mods for other games.

Would anyone happen to know a way around this?

Edited by freakazoid13

Searched the thread and saw this bug a ways back, but no solutions. I am experiencing red, pixelated distortion on the docking cam, same as FuriousSquirrel (page 146) and Bobe (page 147).

FuriousSquirrel - http://i.imgur.com/4b8hGJw.jpg

Bobe - http://i.imgur.com/hNEgFd6l.png

Mine - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5889104/ksp/rednoise.jpg

I first noticed it when I went from a Radeon HD4890 to an HD7870 and updated to the latest Catalyst drivers. My experiments today on an unrelated problem showed that reverting to the old v13 Catalyst drivers suddenly fixed the red noise. I'm assuming the camera's viewpoint is rendered to texture and mapped onto a surface over top of dockingcam.png, and seeing as how the same sections of the cam window appear to be having the most problems in all 3 of our cases, I'm guessing a fix can be made by changing the way the textures are mapped. Has anyone else had these problems and confirm that the same parts of the grid are having issues?

UPDATE - Curiously, using the Romfarer Lazor Cam part does not produce these artifacts like the Docking Cam does, and they use the same class in the code (as far as I can tell). The issue appears to be with either the image filtering taking place or the fact that it's translucent render to texture on top of a static image. Going to attempt a recompile with filtering commented out. -- Can't build atm, VS2012 is not being cooperative. Will try again later.

Edited by CCraigen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.