[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I've not tried it fully yet (docking with another vessel), but selecting a docking port and activating the camera does open up the camera window (all 3 sizes). I'll go test out a ship I've got floating around the Mun. BBL.

*Edit*

Everything seems to be working fine for me, no problems with port or target port selection, no problems with the camera display. I'm a happy camper. I should note that my v0.25.0 Science game was copied into v0.90.0 before I tried this.

Edited by LordFerret

I use an MK1 command pod. Then try and connect a lazor main part to the top of it. It clicks but won't let go of the mouse.

I try and place it as close as possible but it refuses to snap. I finally get it to let go of the mouse.

It's like the blue ball connects then refuses to snap into place. I can sort of place it but it never really goes green.

I've applied a rechargeable battery pack for power and all 4 lasers but the system won't activate when I click on the flyout in the upper right side of the screen. It says no target in the middle of the screen.

I've tried this on the launch pad too. No go.

Edited by Gary_P

I've had a problem, but I'm not sure it's attributed to Lazor... I need to try and duplicate it. My game is a Science_sandbox which I brought over from v0.25.0 into v0.90.0, Windows. I use Lazor for the docking camera. The only other mod I had installed was SCANsat, which apparently does have problems with v0.90.0.

I had launched a new ship intending on docking up with another I had in Kerbin orbit. As I did my final burn into position, I discovered that 'Orbit' on the navball didn't change over to 'Target'... I was within 2.8km from the orbiting ship. Needless to say, I found it pretty much impossible to continue with a docking effort. I tried deselecting the target and then selecting it again... no change. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, is it a Lazor issue or some other issue?

Yes, I know I made a previous post saying things were working for me, but the test I ran was of a ship already docked to another... all I did was undock, back off, and redock again... I don't think I even looked at the navball (usually totally rely on just the view and data in the docking camera display). Today's situation was different.

All plugins updated for 0.90 compatibility

enjoy :)

You are the best! This is a must have addon. I wish it was in the game.

Romfarer, I woke up to this nice present from you this morning. :D

So I thought I'd share this story. I saw this post and right away fired up KSP to try the fix. "It's still broken?" I thought.

Gary, you idiot!! You have to download it and install the new version first! :sticktongue:

After installing the new version, (and coffee) it works perfect. Thank you.

Edited by Gary_P

Its nice you finally did an update, but any possibility to get an update for us .25 users that never got an update?

update: I can confirm that using the .90 version of Romfarers Arms pack and Lazor Systems is working for the KSP .25 version. However stability is yet to be tested. I have not tried docking camera yet unless using the arms counts. Ill keep you .25 users posted

Edited by lextacy
working as of now

I've had a problem, but I'm not sure it's attributed to Lazor... I need to try and duplicate it. My game is a Science_sandbox which I brought over from v0.25.0 into v0.90.0, Windows. I use Lazor for the docking camera. The only other mod I had installed was SCANsat, which apparently does have problems with v0.90.0.

I had launched a new ship intending on docking up with another I had in Kerbin orbit. As I did my final burn into position, I discovered that 'Orbit' on the navball didn't change over to 'Target'... I was within 2.8km from the orbiting ship. Needless to say, I found it pretty much impossible to continue with a docking effort. I tried deselecting the target and then selecting it again... no change. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, is it a Lazor issue or some other issue?

Yes, I know I made a previous post saying things were working for me, but the test I ran was of a ship already docked to another... all I did was undock, back off, and redock again... I don't think I even looked at the navball (usually totally rely on just the view and data in the docking camera display). Today's situation was different.

Well, I've flown a few different scenarios... with Lazor / without Lazor... and I can't seem to duplicate the original issue. Perhaps it was related to SCANsat. Sorry.

Happy to have my docking cams back though... don't know what I'd do without them! Why isn't this incorporated into KSP itself?!? It should be! :cool:

How can I change the electric charge requirements of the magnets on the arms?

on a lighter note : the docking camera works in .25 but kills your framerate. Really not a game breaker so Ill just enjoy :)

Edited by lextacy

Was it this mod that used to give you an option in the top left of the KSC screen to change the physics distance of your save?

Reducing down to 1km is useful for laggy bases etc (park your rovers 1.1km away). I always thought it was Lazor that did this, but I see nothing in the OP and might be misremembering...

Edited by Oafman

Three things.

First: Awesome mod. It's quickly becoming one of my must-haves since I grabbed it back in 0.25.

Second: Is it possible to disable the achievements function? It doesn't necessarily bother me to have the button, so if I could have a thing in the options to disable any notifications that'd be neat - I use Blizzy's (well, formerly his) Achievements mod instead.

Third: Do multiple yellow Lazors increase the resource transfer speed? If not, can that be a thing? Oh man, they do. Sweet. Okay, so I'll change this to a question that came up from my array of 200 Lazors I had to use to transfer stuff at any decent rate: can I make a feature request for a stronger Lazor of some sort, especially for resource transfer? Something heavy, but something that transfers resources at a higher rate than the small ones? Anything that decreases part count is desirable, of course. :P

Edited by etmoonshade

I am having trouble using the teleport feature. I have a target on the Mun that I would like to beam one of my kerbonauts to, but wen I press teleport, the EVA bar says that I have lost contact with my ship. The beam left me stranded high above the Mun.

I've also had the docking cam "red pixellation" problem since the 0.22 update, but I can't remember if my GC drivers updated at the same time. My graphics card is a Radeon (XFX HD7950 DD to be exact) which seems to match other reports of this problem so maybe it is the Catalyst driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on curse (see comment too), maybe it is better here to post this:

Sorry, it doesn't work.

I'd downloaded the requirements and all your other mods (maybe some unknown dependencies). I can't see any lazor mods and the arms too. My steam version is 0.90 and i've the latest version of the game and your mods (V3.5). What's wrong... ?

Edit: Fixed ^^ I must spend some science points omg.

Edited by Scathalh

• 2 weeks later...
I use Lazor System only for Docking Cam (all other parts removed)

<images snipped for easier reading>

And readout is barely visible :(

I'd prefer bigger font...

Can those numbers made bright white, or light green, or even better, configurable? Or auto-contrast mode: when background is dim numbers are white, when background is lit, numbers are black?

I have the same issue, dunno if its related to any other mod that might be conflicting or not...

Sometimes it does work, but i've noticed this "bug" quite often...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.