[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

this mod looks amazing! But when I try and install the .dll I had access to the parts (instead of saying not available) but I have no idea how you open the GUI so could you post some keybindings and also what I\'ve been doing wrong :)

Lazor System requires the last version of KSP. This is most likely the reason why you are not seeing the GUI. Let me know if updating to the last version of KSP doesn\'t fix the issue.

1) Small unobstrusive, unanimated button (like MechJeb\'s side-button)?

I would prefer that to the huge Lazor Button.

But i love my lazor button..! :o On the other hand i made it more as a proof of concept, one i will continue to work on.

2) Shift the blue Lazor\'s color a bit to turquoise

It would be better visible.

I see your point. However, i still haven\'t given up on the idea of introducing more colors to the system and expanding on color mixing by adding crystals. And then if blue is tinted it would affect the tint of cyan and magenta.

3) Is there a way to check if Lazor UI is behind the top height and vertical speed gauge?

Lazor UI is often hidden behind it and I would prefer it to be in front of it.

The next update will address this issue. It was a lot trickier than it sounds, but now lazor system will be in front of the ksp gui\'s and all overlays, such as target indicators will appear behind the lazor system gui, but over the ksp gui. I wanted the overlays to go behind the ksp gui, but it is tricky due to the way the ksp gui\'s are made, i haven\'t completely given up on it though.

4) Maybe a bit more fancy Color thingy.

It could sparkle when turned on like the MechJeb modules?

I\'m going to look into this more. Some basic effect is easy to make, and if i could figure out a way to add material shaders there would be almost no limit to what could be done. (like chrome, reflections, mirrors, animated textures etc.) Atm. it seems to be impossible to do that without compiling the shaders with unity and adding them to the assets folder.

Everything else is cool, even though I cannot make my lazors lock permanently to a target.

The lead lazor will unlock any target it you change its position, this is a feature. If you are loosing lock by only moving your vessel or the target vessel, then it is a bug. It would be helpful if you could write some more about this.

Thanks for all of your comments :)

The lead lazor will unlock any target it you change its position, this is a feature. If you are loosing lock by only moving your vessel or the target vessel, then it is a bug. It would be helpful if you could write some more about this.

Using latest KSP version (15.2), mechjeb, c7 flight pack and the rover addons. Ah, and Lazor ;)

I connect to the KSP base and select any target (click on 'target' as well as 'track', just to be sure). After that I select 'c' on the main panel and all lasers jump to the correct angles. After that only the main lazor keeps tracking. Clicking 'L' to lock does the same, after that, only the lead beam keeps on tracking.

This happens no matter if I use the white (by the way, shouldn\'t this be a flickering lazor? Or maybe cyan? White laser is a bit odd), blue, red or green lead lazor.

Beam selection is 'all'.

Maybe I am doing this wrong?

dr.phees The C and L buttons are for Chase and Lock mode and they are supposed to affect all the other lazors attached to the vessel. In chase mode the other lazors will have the same direction as the lead lazor and in lock mode they will hit what the lead lazor is hitting. Currently there are no systems that benefit from this functionality. They are however supposed to keep tracking the lead lazors. Thanks for pointing out this behavior, i will look into it.

The color on the lead lazor (white, blue, red, green) is supposed to make up the very basic functionality of the system. The blue lead lazor is used for connecting to other vessels, the green one is for scanning stuff, the red one is for setting the direction of your vessel (not currently implemented) and the white one is a general purpose lazor mainly used for targeting. As you can see from some of the displays popping up on the main panel when you activate the different colors, this part of the system is not finished. I\'m still trying to figure out exactly how these systems should work.

You mention a flickering white lazor. What would the purpose of such a lazor be?

Lazor System requires the last version of KSP. This is most likely the reason why you are not seeing the GUI.

I have 0.14 but it won\'t let me update to 0.15 because of some damn store bug, so is it compatible with 0.14? or do I need 0.15?

I have 0.14 but it won\'t let me update to 0.15 because of some damn store bug, so is it compatible with 0.14? or do I need 0.15?

Lazor system will only work with the latest version of KSP: 0.15.2. This is because it uses some range extending features that were added then.

:o :o :o :o :o ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

New Lazor System is out!!!

The main feature in this update is the Kerbal Positioning System (KPS). It still needs some work i know, but i\'d really like to hear what you think about it.

I found a little 'problem'.... there is no way to remove one!

EDIT: also, is it possible to move the text further away and have a longer line? I think that would look a bit better.

In case someone else is wondering, you can edit and remove locations from the target list.

Any other issues?

I now have 15.2 (thanks squad) but the GUI still isn\'t coming up :( please help

checklist:

Have you put Romfarer.dll in your 'ksp_win/Plugins' folder?

Have you placed the contents of the Parts folder in the 'ksp_win/Parts' folder?

Have you loaded up one of the attached crafts? (Stabba or LazorCraft)

yup, done all that, stabba flys pretty well but I have no idea why its not coming up

I still think it is an issue with the ksp installation. Even though your ksp ui may say the version is 15.2 it\'s not always correct. The only way to fix that is to do a clean install of the latest version of ksp.

I have done, its completely clean from half an hour ago

Then i\'m at a loss. A clean install has worked for the cases i know about, where this has happened. It if is someting wrong with lazor system, it will most likely load up with all lazors firing bright white beams. Or crash horribly, luckily that has only happened on my own system when i test crazy stuff.

The latest version of Lazor System is NOT working with KSP 0.16. I have made a fix for this which i am currently testing, and i will release it on Sunday, hopefully. Needless to say, Lazor System is a complicated mod and yet my fix makes the system run, the changes introduced in 0.16 makes it necessary to tweak and test a whole lot of scenarios.

I just uploaded the 0.16 compatibility update. You will have to re-install everything in the new package to make it work. The Stabba has been modified for wing crawling and lazor guided flight should work normally even if you are in EVA on the wing. :D

Good evening Romfarer. Thank you for your work!

I have not seen what you have prepared for us, but I feel that it is as always great! I have a bunch of proposals for LazorSystem but I do not know how you describe them correctly.

Special thanks for lazorvizion now landing at night no problem =)

Good evening Romfarer. Thank you for your work!

I have not seen what you have prepared for us, but I feel that it is as always great! I have a bunch of proposals for LazorSystem but I do not know how you describe them correctly.

Special thanks for lazorvizion now landing at night no problem =)

I\'m glad to hear that. And even if you don\'t know how to describe the proposals 'correctly' i really would like to hear it anyway.

A little wing copying and .cfg editing later - thank you Harv for the per-cfg item scaling! - I got this:

GOn6tl.jpg

Notice the difference between set altitude and actual :3

Its not all fun and games - low altitude (<6km) at speeds over 100m/s is a violent up/down overcorrection flutter, but still, pretty awesome 8)

For example, if I understood paravilno lidar, it can build a map of the surface and in conjunction with the airborne autopilot to fly the aircraft to assist the relief of the surface of the skirting :) Or is it already implemented?

Notice the difference between set altitude and actual :3

Its not all fun and games - low altitude (<6km) at speeds over 100m/s is a violent up/down overcorrection flutter, but still, pretty awesome 8)

Is the fluttering occuring with or without the altitude system on?

I\'m currently working on ironing out some more serious issues related to moving in and out of eva and having multiple evas active. The kerbals have memory like a goldfish and cant remember what vessel they belong to so i have to make a ..err, brain enhancment module to plug into them when they are on a lazor craft =P

But ill get to the flight system soon i hope. listing up the issues, it is helpful.

For example, if I understood paravilno lidar, it can build a map of the surface and in conjunction with the airborne autopilot to fly the aircraft to assist the relief of the surface of the skirting :) Or is it already implemented?

I\'m unfamiliar with the paravilno lidar and google didn\'t help much either but i think i understand what you mean. I have been thinking about adding a system like this.

It could be a system that paints a grid on the surface to better indicate its elevations etc. Imagine a wireframe that is painted directly on the surface. I believe it is possible to do, however it may have some limitations. Right now the game removes and adds the surface colliders on the fly, based on your altidude so for example above a certain height, like 10km+ the lazors will not actually hit the surface and then i can\'t actually calculate the positions for the grid anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.