[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

Hmmmm, does this happen with any plane you make?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently MechJeb was interfering with it and making it auto-stage or something and shoot off all the missiles. Didn't think of that at first.

For the Lazor Guided Flight subsystem, can you explain what the difference between RSAS and Current direction is?

Both are very similar actually. The difference is "current direction" will always point the vessel in the direction you set it in, while rsas will only do dampening. So i guess you can say "current direction" is a directed rsas.

Would it be possible to add heading, pitch, and roll to the rocket guided flight? Similar to how you have yaw, pitch, and roll on the plane version (especially the ability to toggle certain combinations).

That and the kill rotation button is the only thing I use mechjeb for anymore, and it would be nice to only have to use one system.

Found a bug, quite funny actually. When switching from and back to any vehicle with an occupied seat, the kerbal falls out of the seat, through the vessel and to the ground (only tested on Kerbin, but I figure it happens anywhere). You then have control of both the little guy and the vessel, which leads to all kinds of hilarious shenanigans. As far as I know, there's no way to fix this in game. To reproduce: create a simple craft with a seat, put a kerbal in the seat, switch to tracking station and back, try to control the vessel.

Found a bug, quite funny actually. When switching from and back to any vehicle with an occupied seat, the kerbal falls out of the seat, through the vessel and to the ground (only tested on Kerbin, but I figure it happens anywhere). You then have control of both the little guy and the vessel, which leads to all kinds of hilarious shenanigans. As far as I know, there's no way to fix this in game. To reproduce: create a simple craft with a seat, put a kerbal in the seat, switch to tracking station and back, try to control the vessel.

I have had this too! You are also unable to select the individual kerbals after they have fallen out. You can even do it on the run way. I wasn't sure if it was the game or Lazor.

In this situation, you control all 3 kerbals and the plane at the same time.

mofso3k.jpg

I have had this too! You are also unable to select the individual kerbals after they have fallen out. You can even do it on the run way. I wasn't sure if it was the game or Lazor.

It's definitely Lazor, though the vessel actually doesn't need any of the Lazor parts on it for this to occur.

For an update on my yellow lazor issue, I've just been reloading from my save point. The behavior is odd. I can start a transfer, with all lazors pointing directly at my target, start the transfer, get a few units over, then all of a sudden, it slams to a stop, and no matter what I do, I just cannot get it to go without a reload. Once I reload, either via F9 or going back to the space center then going back to the mission, the system is fine until it thinks otherwise. However, I've run into two more consistent problems with the green lazors.

Is it supposed to happen when a lazor detects something, it turns itself off and won't turn back on until a reload? Seems to be what is going on with my current setup.

06.02.2013-11.49.40.png

I put the metal pad in place there because I THOUGHT there might have been an issue with the Karmony node. I also copied, and rotated each of the 8 lazors on top (Ignore the most bottom left as I've yet to remove it) but when I turn on Horizon mode, they all shoot in one direction and scan about a 90', and doesn't seem to move. However, if I go into H90V90 mode, they do scan the full range. That is until it sees something.

Hi, the front page says the Sunbeam laser is included in the Lazor System download, but I've checked multiple times and it's not there. Is sunbeam not updated? It's not crucial, it's just really useful for clearing debris and making warships :P.

As well, I keep having an issue where, from the runway to the launchpad, I try to remote launch a rocket, but it just sits there in midair after the docking clamps detach, as though the physics weren't loaded. I thought Lazor System made it so physics loaded from farther away? I remember there was this same issue in 0.19 or 0.18(I don't remember, it was a while ago) and flying close(<300m) to the rocket would cause physics to start up and it would fall to the ground and explode. Am I just being dumb and this isn't an issue at all, just something that can't be fixed?

I have had this too! You are also unable to select the individual kerbals after they have fallen out.

I have this same issue even only using the docking camera version. You can however, right click on the Kerbal lying on the ground and tell him to leave the seat, and he'll get up and be considered separate again.

Hi, the front page says the Sunbeam laser is included in the Lazor System download, but I've checked multiple times and it's not there. Is sunbeam not updated? It's not crucial, it's just really useful for clearing debris and making warships :P.

As well, I keep having an issue where, from the runway to the launchpad, I try to remote launch a rocket, but it just sits there in midair after the docking clamps detach, as though the physics weren't loaded. I thought Lazor System made it so physics loaded from farther away? I remember there was this same issue in 0.19 or 0.18(I don't remember, it was a while ago) and flying close(<300m) to the rocket would cause physics to start up and it would fall to the ground and explode. Am I just being dumb and this isn't an issue at all, just something that can't be fixed?

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-system/

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/robotic-arms-pack/

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-guided-weapons/

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-docking-cam/

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-cam/

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/sunbeam/

Would it be possible to add heading, pitch, and roll to the rocket guided flight? Similar to how you have yaw, pitch, and roll on the plane version (especially the ability to toggle certain combinations).

That and the kill rotation button is the only thing I use mechjeb for anymore, and it would be nice to only have to use one system.

The current direction function in LGF already does this, it will kill rotation as well using the rsas algorithm.

I have already fixed this bug, it will be available in the next version.

For an update on my yellow lazor issue, I've just been reloading from my save point. The behavior is odd. I can start a transfer, with all lazors pointing directly at my target, start the transfer, get a few units over, then all of a sudden, it slams to a stop, and no matter what I do, I just cannot get it to go without a reload. Once I reload, either via F9 or going back to the space center then going back to the mission, the system is fine until it thinks otherwise. However, I've run into two more consistent problems with the green lazors.

I'm unable to re-produce this bug on the version of lazor system i'm working on. So it's probably caused indirectly by some other issue i already fixed.

Sunbeam has it's own download on spaceport. See my sig for details.

The next version of lazor system will see some major improvements to the loading distance stuff. To begin with i have reset the physics distance to ksp/default so the general range of things will be 5km to start with. Missiles will have their physics range set to 95km on launch. I'm not sure if i will have time to update remote control in the next though but that system has other issues needing fixes so it will most likely happen in the update after this one.

I've noticed in the new version that lighting isn't affecting the Lazor modules, Was it always like that?

The lazors are using the legacy part system in ksp and there are issues with it atm. If i get time i'll update those.

I'm having problems with the Lazor Docking Cam standalone version. The reason I suspect the Docking Cam is because without it everything works perfectly fine. When I press [ and ] ships tend to explode and break in tens of millions of thousands of pieces. This problem is, as far as I'm aware of (UCH, Scott Manley, UCH), pretty well known. But I'd like to ask, is it a possibility to make a plugin with SOLELY the docking camera, and not the 1 million yottameter loading distance?

That, and robotic arms. I don't need loading distance, antigravity, overpowered SAS nor fuel teleportation, but robotic arms and docking cams are both quite essential.

The current direction function in LGF already does this, it will kill rotation as well using the rsas algorithm.

What I meant was something like this jYOrokG.png for heading, pitch, and roll on the rocket screen.

Edited by brians200

Sorry for lack of updates on my previous bug report. Anyway, I think I've found how to reproduce it.

1. Make a craft with a robotic arm and a docking port.

2. Dock it to something.

3. Try using the arm.

The action will toggle and the arm will draw power, but the camera won't actually appear on screen. Going into tracking station and back to the vessel should fix it.

I would guess he is referring to the black/white dashed crosshair and the boarder.

if so, then he seems to have mis-placed some of the texture files (or didn't load them) in the proper directories.

I'm having a problem with Lazor Robotic Arms. If I dock a ship with a robotic arm to something launched earlier, the arm becomes nonfunctional. This happens when docking changes the name of a ship. Returning to Space Center and going back to the ship fixes this, but it makes it impossible (or at least, seems to) to "walk" the CanadArm around the station.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.