[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

In case someone is wondering. No, LazorSystem does not work with 0.21 yet. 0.21 introduced a lot of changes and it broke almost all my mods, i think. Not so easy to fix either as my mods are made up of roughly 14,000 lines of code.

But soon! :D

I'll hold off my more ambitious projects to give you more time Rom :)

I have fixed the most critical bugs with the mods but im struggeling with some issues. The new docking cam seems to only have a rendering distance of 400 meters atm. I guess i'll just skip that issue and get the other issues fixed.

I have fixed the most critical bugs with the mods but im struggeling with some issues. The new docking cam seems to only have a rendering distance of 400 meters atm. I guess i'll just skip that issue and get the other issues fixed.

I'd hate to stall the release of other portions of the mod once you have them working, so it makes sense to release what you have ... I can tell you that personally the docking cam is the most important thing for me. Not to worry, I realize its a massive mod and we appreciate you freely giving to the community as you do.

Personally, I've only ever used the docking cam well under the 400 meter range, so it might not be that critical an issue. Maneuvers done over that limit are generally just general burns to get the ship closer anyway and the navball can do that well enough.

I can't ever recall activating a docking cam more than 300m from target. Usually I don't use the cams till somewhere in the 100-150meter range.

Same here, but not usually until about 50-75m. Beyond that it isn't terribly useful for me.

Same thing here. My docking procedures, including the activation of docking cams, only start at 200 meters. Atm I cant envision a need for more than 400 meters of rendering distance. Unless this problem is also affecting the "main lazor cam" or the missile cam, that would be unfortunate. Btw thanks for all the work you do Rom! :D

Edited by Orphican

Has the fixed docking cam been released yet?

Dude seriously? Im gonna sound like an ass but can u read a little please before posting a question which has been talked about in the last page and a half? I assure you he would have said if he had fixed it.

Great news! The problem i've been trying to fix the whole night is finally solved and the docking cam is working :D It might actually run faster than the old one as well. Then again, it might not :P And it can handle any rendering distance too.

There are still some issues left on my list here but i'm a lot more optimistic that there will be an update before the weekend.

Sounds great Rom. Just out of curiosity, did you manage to fix the issue where the docking camera mod caused improper stage firing? Such as instead of firing a full stage, it fires rockets off individually within a stage?

Sounds great Rom. Just out of curiosity, did you manage to fix the issue where the docking camera mod caused improper stage firing? Such as instead of firing a full stage, it fires rockets off individually within a stage?

I'm not aware of that bug and i can't really see how docking cam would cause that. In any case, when this update is released all lazor related bugs will be void, and you will have to report them again.

Great news! The problem i've been trying to fix the whole night is finally solved and the docking cam is working :D It might actually run faster than the old one as well. Then again, it might not :P And it can handle any rendering distance too.

There are still some issues left on my list here but i'm a lot more optimistic that there will be an update before the weekend.

Awesome!!! :D

Version 29 is out :) Enjoy!

Changelog v29 (Jul 26):

• LazorSystem: All mods received a KSP 0.21 compability fix. There are still remaining issues so please report any issues you find. Please include steps to reproduce and upload your KSP_Data/output_log.txt somwhere.
  • LazorSystem: Updated the tractor beam controller for the hovering system. (Actually a huge and complicated update.) This new controller should make the tractor hovering beams work more reliably for a wider range of vessels. And reduce the chance for controller failure.
  • LazorSystem, Afterburner: Rewrote the system to a proportional thrust and fuel consumption model. It works best for airplanes. If you ever need more thrust to get a plane off the runway, this is the system to use.
  • Robotic arm: Fixed a bug where the camera window would close down (until reload) when a held part was decoupled.
  • Sunbeam: The sound is back.

Awesome, I'll give it a go. I only use LazorCam for now, it was "working" but it looked like the camera window origin was set to 0 (set on the floor of the launch pad) and the controls didn't seem to work. Hadn't tried docking cam though, but looking forward to it once I get some stuff going. :)

Update: Works like a charm, thanks for getting it updated so fast. It even seemed to fix the problem I had in the VAB with parts not wanting to connect after i set them aside, and then getting the root part stuck to the mouse. Could have been the "0.20 updated" subassembly that I installed, but I think even after that it was still messed up. Doesn't matter as so far most everything is working for me now. Just one or two more to go and I'm good. :D

Edited by Sma

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.