[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I'm gonna sound like an idiot here, I already know it, but where the heck is sunbeam? I can't find it despite downloading both the Lazor System pack and the Missile pack. Is there a missing download link here or something?

I am also having the same issue as Castun. Works fine as long as I do not switch to another craft or reload the quicksave. This seems to occur once leaving the Kerbin SOI.

Okay im not sure how or what happened but i flew a second craft with lazor sys to the area where the first was and switched to the afflicted craft.... and now it works...... so odd.

Edited by 1SGHERO
Update

I have another pressing question. Is there any way that within the lazor system... system, you can prevent things in atmosphere from being deleted after 5km distance? It kind of makes your long range missiles useless, and I really want to experiment with them.

I have another pressing question. Is there any way that within the lazor system... system, you can prevent things in atmosphere from being deleted after 5km distance? It kind of makes your long range missiles useless, and I really want to experiment with them.

Once you're at the KSC screen, in the top left is a Lazor setting window, you can alter the draw distance.

Once you're at the KSC screen, in the top left is a Lazor setting window, you can alter the draw distance.

I found that my Air-launched cruise missiles were still becoming ineffective at 5km range - I was using the medium ones rated for a longer range - at which point they seemed to do absolutely no harm to the target. My DD is set to 99000m.

I am having issues with the Lazor tab when I also use mechjeb. Ive posted this at least 6 times on the mechjeb and support threads, but no one can seem to help me, no one has even answered it. The mechjeb tab covers the lazor system tab and wont move. It used to be movable, and I was always able to move the mechjeb tab away. Since the last update, the mechjeb tab is parked right on top of the Lazor tab, it wont move, and I can't use most of the Lazor functions. Do you or anyone else have this problem?

Look what happens in Lazor Camera on KSP 21.1 on Mac. (Take attention on the clipping parts, not the change in interface, because it is like Mechjeb one.

When the interface is missing like that it means you have installed the plugin wrong, and any clipping issues you have are unfortunately void. The downloads have a howtoinstall file that explains how to install the plugins.

Now for the clipping issues. I am not aware of any clipping issues or issues with mac. But if it persists after you have installed it properly i'd be happy to investigate.

New on every front - lazor addon crashed KSP to desktop and produced a message asking me to send a crash report folder to you. Where shall I send it?

In cases like this, all i need to see is the outplut_log.txt, please upload it somewhere and link it here.

Hey, great mod, but it seems that as soon as I activate the LAZORsystem it generates energy (ElectricalCharge), which seems counterintuitive. Is this behavior intentional, a bug, or is it something I did wrong?

I tested this on a "discoball" consisting of

- RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit

- Lazor Stack Jr.

- a few battery stacks

- rover wheels

- lights

Activate lights, wheel around, consume energy. After some ElectricalCharge is drained, activate LAZORsystem and watch it replenish.

Like I said, it seems counterintuitive that it should produce energy from nothing.

@Berg0r: It's not a bug, it's a feature.

When you are in the space station scene, check the upper left corner for the "Lazor Settings". There you can toggle if the main lazor part should generate energy from nothing or not. Some like it because while the generated energy is not much, it prevents the ship from ever losing control. Others consider it cheaty and like to disable it. Choices are always nice to have :) .

@Berg0r: It's not a bug, it's a feature.

When you are in the space station scene, check the upper left corner for the "Lazor Settings". There you can toggle if the main lazor part should generate energy from nothing or not. Some like it because while the generated energy is not much, it prevents the ship from ever losing control. Others consider it cheaty and like to disable it. Choices are always nice to have :) .

Thanks, I didn't really pay much attention to that because I thought it'd be the same Settings as in the "ingame" screen. I like to have the bit of risk of losing my drone if I bugger up my energy supply :) Adds a bit of danger to it and the challenge to make a descent stage that's not just a "throwaway"-thing but actually important and useful.

When I quickload a ship with the Lazor system on it, the Lazors no longer work. Any ideas?

Like a lot of the reports lately, this tells me nothing. Well in all fairness it tells me exactly what you said, but i have quickloaded over a thousand times without any issues so i really need more information.

In general: there many reports in this thread that of the same nature. If i haven't speciffically answered it means, basically the report is too vague (BAD)..

D1cJjyM.jpg

I'm trying to use the lazor mod as attitude control for my kerbal version of the kepler telescope but was not able to figure out how to use the system. I had the conical control module and a red laser emitter on the craft. Last night when it launched I got it into a Kerbin-trailing orbit of Kerbol and had hoped to use the lazor guided flight system to control the attitude of the telescope relative to the sun (and if possible pointed in a given direction at the same time) to simulate the real telescope's operation. either I don't understand the gui or I've neglected an important part, both probable. In any case, when I booted up the game to get this screenshot and went to the telescope via the tracking station I could not get the lazor to activate. when I click activate in the context menu of the control module the gui shows up but there is no lazor beam. any thoughts?

I'm trying to use the lazor mod as attitude control for my kerbal version of the kepler telescope but was not able to figure out how to use the system. I had the conical control module and a red laser emitter on the craft. Last night when it launched I got it into a Kerbin-trailing orbit of Kerbol and had hoped to use the lazor guided flight system to control the attitude of the telescope relative to the sun (and if possible pointed in a given direction at the same time) to simulate the real telescope's operation. either I don't understand the gui or I've neglected an important part, both probable. In any case, when I booted up the game to get this screenshot and went to the telescope via the tracking station I could not get the lazor to activate. when I click activate in the context menu of the control module the gui shows up but there is no lazor beam. any thoughts?

I see you have not installed the plugin correctly, please see the "howtoinstall" text file that comes with the plugin for details.

It might be that this bug is caused by the failed installation. When you have installed it right, it would be helpfull if you could send me steps to reproduce this bugs and your output_log.txt

When the interface is missing like that it means you have installed the plugin wrong, and any clipping issues you have are unfortunately void. The downloads have a howtoinstall file that explains how to install the plugins.

Now for the clipping issues. I am not aware of any clipping issues or issues with mac. But if it persists after you have installed it properly i'd be happy to investigate.

The interface was gone because i was using a "1." before the folder name, to organize my parts in game. But the clipping is happening in both ways. with default and correct folder name and if the 1. name too. Know i'm using with default naming, and correct installation, but the clipping still occur.

I see you have not installed the plugin correctly, please see the "howtoinstall" text file that comes with the plugin for details.

It might be that this bug is caused by the failed installation. When you have installed it right, it would be helpfull if you could send me steps to reproduce this bugs and your output_log.txt

That was dumb of me, thanks for pointing that out. I fixed the installation and the gui looks much more helpful now!

The Breakdown

1) After fixing the installation and relaunching the craft I was able to use the system to control the attitude of the craft. it would go on rails during warp and then readjust itself once timewarp was off. it worked beautifully!

2) At that point I closed the game and restarted it.

3) Once the game loaded up I went to the flight through the tracking station. At that point I noticed a few things.

a) The lazor beam was no longer visible.

B)

When I click activate on the lazor module context menu there is no sound effect like there was before.

c) selecting options in the lazor interface had no effect on the craft whereas the same options did have an effect before I left the flight and reloaded.

I copied the output log up to the point that it spams the same error over and over. I had trouble getting the log to post without killing the page so I started from the line which logs the change from loading to the main menu. it is posted at pastebin.

One thing I noticed is that the error which is spammed at the end includes the term "BOSS" which I think has something to do with the Ordan telescopes mod. I had assigned controls for the Ordan telescope's camera to action groups and then I realized that the hotkeys for the lazor system use some of the same numbers. could this be part of the problem?

UnityException: Input Key named:  is unknown
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Input:GetKeyDownString (string)
at UnityEngine.Input.GetKeyDown (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BOSS.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

q6WTnFg.jpg

I will try mapping the camera's function's to a different action group and relaunching the craft. Thanks for taking a look at this and sorry I didn't include more info the first time.

I launch two manned vessels.

One be to Mun orbit,and the other to Kerbin orbit.

When i load the Mun vessel,i activate the Lazor,and i don't listen the sound and the line not appeared.

When i do the same with the Kerbin vessel,everything is ok...

After,with the vessel of Kerbin orbit,i go to to Mun,and i put it to Mun orbit.

When i load,and this vessel's Lazor system,not work the sound and beam like the another!

Edited by CERVERUS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.