[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

Suggestion for lazor guided weapons: Please add a thrust limiter to the rockets, and an way to use the rockets for action groups. if possible please an integrated probe body ( for example if you press 1 it switches to the rocket and launches it) and make it manual steer-able(and of course if you press nothing the rocket will fly to target), because if the rocket fies from orbit to ksc it will be unable to steer because of air-resistence

would it be possible to integrate the lazor cam into the rasterpropmonitor windows instead of their own standalone windows?

I don't think that would be trivial to do, but there is an external camera part with similar functionality within the ALCOR capsule mod, which is intended to be used with the rasterpropmonitor.

Suggestion for lazor guided weapons: Please add a thrust limiter to the rockets, and an way to use the rockets for action groups. if possible please an integrated probe body ( for example if you press 1 it switches to the rocket and launches it) and make it manual steer-able(and of course if you press nothing the rocket will fly to target), because if the rocket fies from orbit to ksc it will be unable to steer because of air-resistence

you can already deploy them via action groups, just not exactly how you mean :), and the question would be, it's a laser guided missile, how would it manually fly unless being guided by the mouse look system it would be an unrealistic ordeal. in most cases, LGMs are a lock and fire, and in some cases are a FBW(Fly-By-Wire) and have a limit to how well they will respond, this being said, the rockets are pretty wonderful as is, and have teir own showing of how FBW would work if you fire an ground at a ground target via the air. I usually get a loop before it will hit the target, ie: launchpad to SPH. in your case of FBW from orbit, you would end up with Kms of difference in the smallest adjustments due to height above ground (lat/long may work but would mean you would have to get the co-ords exactly specific).

I'm only curious in my reply here, if only because of the from orbit example, it seems like a great idea (maybe if he made a new missiles for the FBW style). a thrust limiter would be fantastic as well since momentum may not always be needed to get the rocket to the target, but more distance :). I'd like to see it integrated into the toolbars plug-in. maybe in the .24 release :D

Suggestion number2: make it possible to make your own missiles, where you can attach things. maybe even with autostaging. for example if the speed is higher than 1km/s and target is closer than 2km then stage.of course customizable with an screen where you can drag [and] , [or] and [not] program blocks and things like speed or hight, which makes the rocket even more complex, and connect it with lines, which makes like a program, wich then help guiding your rockets.it would be great for haveing sepratrons and an booster attached for slowing the rocket down.

Custom rockets: rockets which hve other rockets attached would be useful.

AutomaticTargetingSystem: add in the vab or sph an function when you rightclick at the rocket( like the thrustlimiter), which is called "AutoTarget: [On/Off(default Off)]" you could combine ot with my other suggested functions(which would be complicated to add)to make a large misslie with some small rockets. the rocket flies towards the target [2,5km distance] it activates the brake-booster to improve its accuracity then it detaches the small rockets which are limited to 20% thrust. then the big rocket explodes at target. the small rockets seek the parts and destroys them.

Edited by ChocoCookieWithMilk

I don't think that would be trivial to do, but there is an external camera part with similar functionality within the ALCOR capsule mod, which is intended to be used with the rasterpropmonitor.

unfortunately they do not do what I would like them to, as i would like them to be still showing video while not attached to the craft. The lazor cams do NOT have to still be attached to the craft to continue showing their video feed to their windows. the moment you detach the alcor cams from the craft the pod is contained in they do not work anymore even when reattached.

I would like to therefore simply use the MFD screens to display the lazor cams as they still work once detached and continue to work as long as they are in physics range and powered. I would like to use them to visually check my ship for damage from IVA using a remote probe type setup me and syvos are working on for FULL IVA trips to other planets and moons!

What would it take to turn the Target Cam into a standalone mod that allows you to view in fullscreen (like Hullcamera VDS) with a separate GUI for the options and info? Could Lazor somehow be integrated with Hullcamera to combine Lazor's tracking system with Hullcamera's part models and fullscreen views?

What would it take to turn the Target Cam into a standalone mod that allows you to view in fullscreen (like Hullcamera VDS) with a separate GUI for the options and info? Could Lazor somehow be integrated with Hullcamera to combine Lazor's tracking system with Hullcamera's part models and fullscreen views?

Uuh with fullscreen so you can have a different window(for example on an 2nd monitor) but please let it be able to stay in ksp window too(like now)

add maybe an update-checker where you see a message wich says: Update found([updated version number])!

Uuh with fullscreen so you can have a different window(for example on an 2nd monitor) but please let it be able to stay in ksp window too(like now)

add maybe an update-checker where you see a message wich says: Update found([updated version number])!

Well in the simplest form I would just like to be able to toggle fullscreen, just as Hullcamera uses the + and - keys to cycle between cameras. I don't intend to use it on a second monitor, just to change the main view.

Of course the idea isn't to remove the current functionality, so perhaps there could just be a "fullscreen" button in the normal inset window that when clicked obviously changes the main game view to the camera's perspective and displays a different UI window (probably just the normal window but without the camera view).

I would like to use them to visually check my ship for damage from IVA using a remote probe type setup me and syvos are working on for FULL IVA trips to other planets and moons!

Radical suggestion, in the absence of any better remote camera option, how about using the first person view on EVA with the Vanguard plugin ?

Is there a way to hide the menu at the spaceport? I really don't need it as I am using it only for the docking cam :)

You could put a post-it note over the corner of your screen :D ... sorry, no, as the mod is, it's a fixed feature.

The shorter-range missiles work fine for me, but whenever I use a cruise missile from more than maybe 10km away, it always descends and crashes into the ground. Looking through the target cam, the velocity of the missile seems to be decreasing until it hits the ground, has anybody else experienced this issue. I've set my draw distance to max.

Docking cam can also be installed as a separate module. This camera will operate just like the docking cam's enabled by Lazor System, but obviously doesn't require a Lazor System to be on to use, unless you add it to a vessel that has Lazor System. The camera module requires romfarer.dll and the PluginData from the Lazor System installation folder. To enable this, simply add the following to a docking port .cfg.

Code:

MODULE

{

name = LazorSystemDockingCamera

}

there is no plugin data in the download, it has the romfarer.dll but not plugin data. I want the docking camera but not all the lazers

also can i use the robotic arms with the plugin data and .dll only?

Edited by Woodstar

Any chance there will be a smaller manipulation arm? I tried to re-size one of the older ones, but it would not take.

I'm not sure how you were trying to do it, I just added the single line "rescaleFactor = 0.7" to the Buran arm to make it fit in the KSO and it works just fine.

Is there a difference between docking adapters when it comes to the camera?

The camera was not coming on yesterday and rightclicking did not show the option. I tried both docking adapters, but i did not see the option.

So i thought maybe this docking adapter does not have that option. It was that docking adapter you have to toggle to open up, it sits inside a tube shaped fuselage part.

I could only select "toggle", "control from here" and something else that i forgot, but nothing with the camera option.

The day before i did use the camera, but on another docking adapter. I can still see the lazer control panel in the screen where one can select VAB or space centre.

EDIT: Let me make it easier. Can i activate the camera in another way? With a key?

Edited by fastbikkel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.