[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

first off, very cool. secondly... ive got both your robotics arms add-on, and are now trying to figure out how to install lazor cam add-on, most the files are the same... dont wanna mess anything up.

Please advise.

I did read your suggestions. Fire and Forget is definately something i would implement the next time i add something to the missile systems. The other suggestions you had build upon the remote control system, i think that whole system is poorly understood and also a bit complicated to operate effectively. Adding those features would complicate it even more so im thinking about ways to make the control easier.

But as you know, lately i have been focusing on adding features you can use to take apart and re-assemble vessels in flight using the robotic arms and the decouple/weld functions on the eva suit. I'm a bit dissapointed that i haven't gotten more feedback about those systems. Is it because it is working perfectly or it is too complicated?

Right on, thanks for the response. F&F, and an option to add a quick delay for the missile to clear the air-frame would be two solid improvements for the next missile attention.

I agree the remote control does need improvement overall. I can kind-of setup missile defense scenarios but its clunky (remote vessel explodes > 6km) when you activate the remote link. I've also seen launch supports follow around craft under control. I'll make a video soon so there's record if you ever find yourself going back to RC.

Re: weld/detach - I must need an update; going to try them out and let you know.

. I'm a bit dissapointed that i haven't gotten more feedback about those systems. Is it because it is working perfectly or it is too complicated?

It's more of a case of too much stuff to play with! :) The assemble and re-assemble is something that I am currently relying for a couple of projects of mine and so far it's working beautifully. The only issue I have had so far is more my problem, and that is the parts that I am trying to assemble in space, some are well over 50t, so yeah if only there was something for people like me that like to build insanely large ships.

The bug I mentioned some time ago with the FPS loss, it seems to be when moving a complex object, like picking up a DEMV vehicle. If I pick up objects of the same weight, but made of less parts, I don't get the lag - but yeah I can't move anything complicated with the arms. Not a big deal, just letting you know about it.

Wait, where do I get the disassemble / resassemble? I have v26 of Robot Arms, and I don't have any of those options.

EDIT Nevermind, I never noticed it as part of the EVA. Maybe the problem is there's so many features it's easy to overlook some.

Edited by Frostiken

first off, very cool. secondly... ive got both your robotics arms add-on, and are now trying to figure out how to install lazor cam add-on, most the files are the same... dont wanna mess anything up.

Please advise.

UPDATE: well i was able to get all parts in the lists in-game(i believe) but are now troubled with the main KSC page where you choose to goto hanger, VAB, tracking, or pad... that top left corner "configure" thing? it no longer works... clicking on the blanked top most portion of that window(only thing visable now, and its lettering is gone, just Gui is there) just blinks the drop down portion on/off again, i cant possibly do anything with that.

i have both robot arms, all color lasers(i think) and both cone and 2 sized cylinder control modules, they all work last i checked, just not that above described tab...P.S. i dont even know what to do with that, simple explaination on that would be nice too if i can ever get it working.

Thanks, and LOVE this and robot arm/ camera Add-ons.

as you can notice, the GUI is there, but clicking on it now just makes it blank out, i cant do anything with that, all else seems to work fine.

LOVE the Lasers :D

I think this is an installation issue. So first you should reinstall the plugins. If that doesn't work, you'll have to send me your output_log.txt

I literally just did exactly that - I built my space station without any mods, then I got the Romfarer mods and sent up four Buran manipulators and a stack laser module, and then once I had MechJeb I launched up a MechJeb Pod 2.0, grabbed the pod with one arm, grabbed the Eye with another, cut the eye from the pod, and welded it to the crew module. Here's a (way too dark) GIF of the station blinking :v

Very cool! I didn't really anticipate the system being used for bringing other mods onto vessels already in orbit. Tbh. i never left the launchpad area while building and testing this feature. :D My original idea behind this was to have it work as a system to build improvised structures/bases and possibly also to move parts around on space station (for example if you had your solar panels set up in bad positions).

Anyways, i really appreciate the feedback regarding the weld/detach systems and i'm curious how the vessels you assamble in flight behave once re-assembled. I't might be necessary to implement some snapping functions similar to what is used in the VAB/SPH. I'm also concerned that re-assambling may lead to vessels that are, how do i put it, "wrong" in the sense that their part hierarchies are messed up (i'e the couplings are placed wrong so when you disconnect parts again, some parts may be floating in space while still being part of the vessel).

Um, this may be a dumb question, but is there any particular reason that my docking camera windows now have a nyan cat and rainbow as the title bar? I didn't update or change the mod at all...

Um, this may be a dumb question, but is there any particular reason that my docking camera windows now have a nyan cat and rainbow as the title bar? I didn't update or change the mod at all...

i think you installed mj 2.07 ? i thought it comes from r4mon cause lazor changed the mj windows first ^^

cause the nyan cat shows up after i updated mj to 2.07

Edited by Ariellus

i think you installed mj 2.07 ? i thought it comes from r4mon cause lazor changed the mj windows first ^^

cause the nyan cat shows up after i updated mj to 2.07

Aha, that's it in one! I did just recently install MJ2.07.

And here it is:

MechJeb2/GuiUtils.cs

public static void CheckSkin()
{
GUI.skin = null;
if (GUI.skin.name == "LazorSkin")
{
Texture2D tex = new Texture2D(64, 31, TextureFormat.ARGB32, false);
tex.LoadImage(Properties.Resources.default_gui_window);

And guess what is in the PNG file called default_gui_window. At least now I know where to fix it, thanks!

Aha, that's it in one! I did just recently install MJ2.07.

And here it is:

MechJeb2/GuiUtils.cs

public static void CheckSkin()
{
GUI.skin = null;
if (GUI.skin.name == "LazorSkin")
{
Texture2D tex = new Texture2D(64, 31, TextureFormat.ARGB32, false);
tex.LoadImage(Properties.Resources.default_gui_window);

And guess what is in the PNG file called default_gui_window. At least now I know where to fix it, thanks!

Just install the latest version of lazor system and the cat's dissapear. :P

Hi Romfarer, thanks for the awesome docking mod!

Thing is, I now started using Fusteks docking ports.. is there an easy way for me to make them compatible with your docking cam mod?

Oooooor is it possible you can make a comp. patch? :D

to make Fusteks (or anyone elses ports) compatable edit their part.cfg file by adding THIS at the bottom of it:

MODULE

{

name = LazorSystemDockingCamera

}

Edited by Fyrem
typo, syntax

Can anyone please tell my why my missiles fire for no reason every time I separate my last stage so that my little "fighter ship" can operate on its own? Whether I stage or manually decouple, all my missiles fire off at once, and at nothing. Help!

Wow you guys are fast :)

If you ask the creators of those mods nicely, they will probably add that capability by default. The module "line" in .cfg shouldn't interfere with anything if the Romfarer.dll is not installed anyways.

That said, nobody is permitted to re-distribute Romfarer.dll as that has lead to a lot of versioning headaches in the past.

Romfarer, there is not a way to avoid the TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancer Explode bug?

I install the mod so time ago and I uninstall just becoz that thing (really bothers me XD)

Now I saw that the docking cam and the robotic arm comes like standalone version, but still does it!

And I really want to used them.. Nothing can be done to avoid that? maybe standalone dll version just for the docking cam or the robotic arm without the buggy part?

Someone found a way to solve this?

Romfarer, there is not a way to avoid the TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancer Explode bug?

I install the mod so time ago and I uninstall just becoz that thing (really bothers me XD)

Now I saw that the docking cam and the robotic arm comes like standalone version, but still does it!

And I really want to used them.. Nothing can be done to avoid that? maybe standalone dll version just for the docking cam or the robotic arm without the buggy part?

Someone found a way to solve this?

Unofficially, i have found a way to solve it.

Hello again!

I have a little problem... Every time I try to put one of the tiny colored Lazor parts on a rover or an airplane (that is the little part, not the big circular part), when I launch, the Lazor instantly explodes :/ The explosion doesn't seem to damage anything, it just self-destructs D: Am I doing something wrong? is there a special way to be using those parts? The problem is I don't want to use either of the Lazor System parts because they don't go with my vehicles D: also they seem to be super heavy for some reason.

Thank you in advance!

... And again, great mods Rom :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.