[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I never got a response, but the camera image is very messed up for me now. Yes I have it installed correctly and only one instance of the plugin. It's almost as if the camera image is without AA...in a bad way, very very very jagged edges and flickering. I don't remember it looking like this pre-0.20...grainy but not like this.

Hard to tell in pictures without them moving, but it looks awful in-game.

578BC0D48337DB361D873F0FEA5FACF66F743FD0

239FFA62B0B9E8460ACD5CB1D763CDB62E390A66

Ok I fixed my Issue Rom.

All of them.

As it turns out the Soviet pack made by Bobcat Industries has in it a version of your Robotic Arms.

This dll is/was killing your new dll. :rolleyes:

Replacing Bobcats old dll with your new one solves that issue AND (wait for it) the non exploding Launch Clamps. (Multiple tests)

This explains why only some people are having this issue. I bet you pounds for peanuts, that the people that are having texture issues and Clamp chaser issues all have Bobcats Soviet pack installed. I have one small black texture issue the the LaZor icon in the Staging but that's it. (I bet that too is Bobcat related)

Pass this solution along please.

Possibly Bug: Lazor Cam, with a camera opened, if I go into Map, it shows what I see on the map (!) instead of what the craft sees, so the camera can't be used to fly while in Map mode.

Yes this is a bug.

I never got a response, but the camera image is very messed up for me now. Yes I have it installed correctly and only one instance of the plugin. It's almost as if the camera image is without AA...in a bad way, very very very jagged edges and flickering. I don't remember it looking like this pre-0.20...grainy but not like this.

Hard to tell in pictures without them moving, but it looks awful in-game.

I'll investigate this.

Ok I fixed my Issue Rom.

All of them.

As it turns out the Soviet pack made by Bobcat Industries has in it a version of your Robotic Arms.

This dll is/was killing your new dll. :rolleyes:

Replacing Bobcats old dll with your new one solves that issue AND (wait for it) the non exploding Launch Clamps. (Multiple tests)

This explains why only some people are having this issue. I bet you pounds for peanuts, that the people that are having texture issues and Clamp chaser issues all have Bobcats Soviet pack installed. I have one small black texture issue the the LaZor icon in the Staging but that's it. (I bet that too is Bobcat related)

Pass this solution along please.

This is exactly why i don't allow anyone to re-distribute my plugins. I have told bobcat to remove it.

And btw the black icon in the staging window is a bug i haven't gotten to fix yet.

Edited by Romfarer

thanks for updating it to .20! awesome work. got a quick question though that anyone can answer.. why would the yellow engineering lazor stop transfering resources all of a sudden? and when that happens, I can't restart any transfers. also, it seems like when I'm attempting to "hold" two stations fixed in orbit, the magenta lazor seems to just stop doing work and the stations then drift where they please. perhaps I'm using the mod incorrectly. thanks for any tips. great work romfarer

Ok, I thought I posted this before, but apparently didn't.

So, how about adding gravity bombs to the lazer-weapons pack? This could be useful for when you want to do a real bombing run without missiles. They should come in all 3 different sizes of bomb.

Khaos, only the Soviet pack had the extra .dll, and you dont have to remove the entire pack, just remove the extra dll.

I am not sure about the other .dll files in the soviet pack though there are 4 in all. Since it has a KAS .dll as well i would go ahead and assume that one is out of date as well.

Perhaps this has been asked, and I did look but did not find the answer. (a lot to browse through!)

I have several windows open now (Parameters, target, config...) How do I close them? How do I put the "menu" back to the way it was when I fisrt intiated it?

Is there a step by step guide that explains what to do (besides the first page of this post?)

OK, found it! The latest revision does not have the "X" in the upper right corner to close the windows. I was still able to close them.

Thanks all!

TB

Edited by TBryson2

I had the idea recently of using something like this for transferring cargo.

The idea goes like this:

You are mining on the mun, but want to xfer the resources back to a central spaceport pretty much automatically.

Now your spaceport may be a long way away, out of sight even, so you have these mobile "Transfer Stations" - you place these on mountain tops etc to maintain a chain of unbroken line of sight out to the mining rigs - each TS in the chain can lazor target up and down the chain.

On top of each TS is a funnel like structure - the cargo pods have wheels all around them, so when they go in the funnel, the wheels brake and slow it down so the cargo pod can be safely "caught".

The cargo pods are powered - the launching TS aims them in the right direction, then the cargo pod fires, flies towards the receiving TS like a lazor guided missile (But in an arc?) and at the mid point / apo, it flips retrograde so it lands backwards in the receiving TS funnel for easy re-launching.

Either that, or you do the whole thing in one hop and if out of line of sight from the spaceport, you need a satellite that can see the both ends of the journey, or a chain of satellites.

Of course, to make it work I would need hinges and stuff from something like damned robotics, but any chance you could help with the lazor part?

I'm having an issue with this mod. It is not allowing me to end a flight or go to the space center. Anyone else been having this at all?

I found out it is this mod by taking out each mod that I have installed and reloading.

I'm having an issue with this mod. It is not allowing me to end a flight or go to the space center. Anyone else been having this at all?

I found out it is this mod by taking out each mod that I have installed and reloading.

Known issue that I've suffered from before too, even only using the Docking Cam. No idea if they figured out what caused it.

I do recall the docking camera bugging out a bit actually. It would work on the Jr. port but not the normal. Unfortunately I removed the mods and loaded my save game to see what was causing it and ended up losing my station. Completely did not occur to me that I should back up the save file.

"Should've had a V8" moment for sure.

Known issue that I've suffered from before too, even only using the Docking Cam. No idea if they figured out what caused it.

It was not fixed because nobody were able to report the issue properly. I need to at the very minimum see a log for when the game ends up in this state.

It was not fixed because nobody were able to report the issue properly. I need to at the very minimum see a log for when the game ends up in this state.

That's the problem though, when the game gets in that state you can't generate logs because it freaks out in such a way that the only way to close the game is to tab out have windows close the window. It won't allow you to end flight, won't show logs, won't let you go to the space center. The only thing it will let you do is bracket to a nearby ship.

That's the problem though, when the game gets in that state you can't generate logs because it freaks out in such a way that the only way to close the game is to tab out have windows close the window. It won't allow you to end flight, won't show logs, won't let you go to the space center. The only thing it will let you do is bracket to a nearby ship.

The log is still written to KSP_Data/output_log.txt. Please upload it somewhere and send me the link. Any information about what you were doing when this happened would also be helpfull.

I just downloaded the standalone Docking Camera mod and theres no parts folding included in it. Just a sounds and texture folder. Only folders are GameData>Romfarer>sounds and textures (and the Romfarer dll).

Also, a question regarding the standalone version... I know it replaces the stock docking ports with ones that have the camera... but would there be any issues if I install the mod when I already have ships/stations in orbit using the docking ports? Or would they just "magically" have the docking camera ports?

I just downloaded the standalone Docking Camera mod and theres no parts folding included in it. Just a sounds and texture folder. Only folders are GameData>Romfarer>sounds and textures (and the Romfarer dll).

Also, a question regarding the standalone version... I know it replaces the stock docking ports with ones that have the camera... but would there be any issues if I install the mod when I already have ships/stations in orbit using the docking ports? Or would they just "magically" have the docking camera ports?

The current 0.20 compatible version installs the docking cam on the stock ports no need to swap parts.

The current 0.20 compatible version installs the docking cam on the stock ports no need to swap parts.

Ok. So if I install it, my station in orbit will have the docking cams without me needing to relaunch the whole thing? Cool.

Now my only issue is that the standalone docking camera mod thats on the Spaceport doesnt actually seem to include any parts and I dont want the whole lazor mod. Do I need to manually do something?

Ok. So if I install it, my station in orbit will have the docking cams without me needing to relaunch the whole thing? Cool.

All you have to do manually is to install the plugin. And to use your own words, when you have done this, all existing (including those you already have in orbit) and future docking ports will "magically" have docking cams. :)

All you have to do manually is to install the plugin. And to use your own words, when you have done this, all existing (including those you already have in orbit) and future docking ports will "magically" have docking cams. :)

Awesome! Installed it. It worked. I have docking cams. Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.