[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I had this problem as well. What I found was that my load distance doesn't save in V27 and I have to change it back to 99km each time that I want to use the missiles. I can't guarantee that it works for you, but it did for me. Just in case, make sure you have the latest version of the missile pack as well.

how do I change the load distance?

15th June 2013, 16:38 #937

Jakey4159

Jakey4159 is online now Rocketeer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Robotic arms aren't working in 0.20, when i activate them, the gui is not appearing. Any reasons why ???

(I suspect it's not working cause you installed it wrong.

Or you got two versions of Romfarer.dll in your GameData folder somewhere.

Or you installed KSP in a "User" folder or somewhere else prone to have weird characters in the path.

Or perhaps you don't have the latest KSP patch. )

I extracted it in Gamedata, i dont have 2 versions of it, its a fresh download, its in my steam folder, and i have the latest version of ksp

im on a Windows 7 M14x alienware .

Heres a picture of what happens when its ACTIVATED

http://imageshack.us/f/812/x24s.jpg/

(Nothing)

Edited by Jakey4159

Any progress on Mobile Base System for CanadArm 2? The ISS is shaping up, and that's an important component. Currently, the only way to move CanadArm 2 around is to "walk" it, which can be tedious.

So, are Lazor functions action group able?i want to toggle my afterburners using the number keys not the GUI button.

Nope. This topic has been touched before, so I would look back and see if he was planning on adding it or not.

Do you actually read the comments on some of your addons because people are having a similar bug has i do. Is there a possibility that since im playing it with steam, makes the 2 arms dont work ?

Found this half working Robotics mod : ( https://raw.github.com/chrisphillips/DRobotics-for-Kerbal-0.20.2/master/DRobotics(0.20.2).zip )

Edited by Jakey4159

Just FYI:

Lazor Systems still does not play nice with some other mod...at this time I'm almost certain its KAS still.

I was attempting to rebuild my little Kethane city. Soon as I get 2 separate craft within 500meters of each other that have KAS the inactive vessel explodes.

Confirmed the removing lazor systems from KSP fixes the issue. Bad news for KAS users still.

5CV6Q9i.png

This picture is of my 2nd trip to drop the silo's, you can see the remains of the first ones I dropped scattered across the sky.

Something I'm wondering about: Is there a way to keep missiles from being detonated by the explosions of other missiles, or from getting hit with a Sunbeam? It's not fun to close within 2 km of a target ship and accidentally set off their cruise missiles. Plus, I like seeing ships blasted into a cloud of debris instead of just vanishing in an explosion.

Just FYI:

Lazor Systems still does not play nice with some other mod...at this time I'm almost certain its KAS still.

I was attempting to rebuild my little Kethane city. Soon as I get 2 separate craft within 500meters of each other that have KAS the inactive vessel explodes.

Confirmed the removing lazor systems from KSP fixes the issue. Bad news for KAS users still.

5CV6Q9i.png

This picture is of my 2nd trip to drop the silo's, you can see the remains of the first ones I dropped scattered across the sky.

Hmm, almost all my vessels have both KAS and Lazor Systems on them... certainly several have been within 500m of each other (all my stations and orbital tugs have them after all)...

Looking at your "Mods in Use" list the only ones on that list I don't use are:

Boat Parts R3

Figaro GPS

CaterpillarTreads

Chatter

IDstrongstruts

Wayland corp(WT-51,freelance pods/rover/wheels)

If it isn't up do date you can compare with my mods list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asa1K8EUgZmVdElEZkhpQUo4ZUhzemtNdHotRlVBMEE&usp=sharing

(currently running 83 mods so listing them here would get a bit long)

BTW Your mods in use list started me down the path of finding mods a few weeks ago culminating in me needing a spreadsheet to keep track of them all... so thanks, I think ;)

HAHA, your welcome...I think =P

I actualy need to update that list a wee bit. And I have tried to isolate this problem with other mods. And it also only happens about 80%ish of the time. Nothing has worked but to remove lazors. And I really like lazors!!! Starting to build jets for my carrier and oh how I miss the afterburners!

on a separate note...how are you not hitting memory cap with all those installed elf??

HAHA, your welcome...I think =P

I actualy need to update that list a wee bit. And I have tried to isolate this problem with other mods. And it also only happens about 80%ish of the time. Nothing has worked but to remove lazors. And I really like lazors!!! Starting to build jets for my carrier and oh how I miss the afterburners!

on a separate note...how are you not hitting memory cap with all those installed elf??

I created an Ubuntu partition on my SSD just for running KSP and am running the linux 64 bit version. Lots of memory for me ;)

Just FYI:

-IMGsnip-

I have had this too, but in a different way. It happens when I fire a bass cannon from Pirated Weaponry, then quickly change to the shell (so that I can see how it flies). My cannon will blow up, scattering debris everywhere. This, however, happens when I'm changing "vessel" to another vessel within (?) the 500 meter boundary. I'm not sure if it was within the 500m boundary, though, as the shells move extremely fast at first, and I had to brake the cannon from the recoil before I could change "vessel".

Romfarer, I would also like to report that the Lazor-guided missiles no longer decouple when launched.

The missiles were installed about two months ago and were working fine - the only change I've done since then was to install your robotic arms pack, which may have overwritten your DLL.

Thoughts?

Romfarer, I would also like to report that the Lazor-guided missiles no longer decouple when launched.

The missiles were installed about two months ago and were working fine - the only change I've done since then was to install your robotic arms pack, which may have overwritten your DLL.

Thoughts?

Robotic arms pack might have an outdated .dll, just install the Lazor system one.

No joy there - it seems that the Lazor system DLL is the same version as that in the Robotics arms pack (i.e. June 2013).

I reverted the DLL to the May 2013 (from an older install), and the missiles now work correctly. Romfarer, would it be okay for me to upload a copy of this particular version to Dropbox to help folks with the specific missile non-deployment issue?

I came here from the Lazor Camera page on the KSP SpacePort. I like this mod, but I have one suggestion for the camera.

And that is to reset the camera angle.

Edited by Benie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.