[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

anyone got a fix cause think its the weilding lazor of this cuaseing this

MissingFieldException: Field '.Part.attachJoint' not found.

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

maybe someone can recomopile it and remove the eva lazor?

Edited by sidfu

Changelog v33 (April 17):

• All plugins: 0.23.5 Compatibility: Robotic arms and EVA lazor beams should now work again
  • All plugins: Fixed a bug wiht the config panel where having multiple subsystems of one type active,
    would prevent you from exiting to space center
  • All plugins: If it still doesn't work on Mac please send me your log.

Ok so it's updated and you really only have to replace the dll to make it work again. I hope :D

I really believe this is the best mod that exists for KSP. There are so many mods, some of which get a lot of attention from the general community but this one is clean. It has a great interface, great graphics, and its been around for ages. It just works. Many other mods have leveraged concepts that were introduced in this mod. You really should put a donation button on the first post.

Greetings all!

I'm having this issue...

http://www./convkey/d028/5798y69r6f6d1lafg.jpg

The docking camera has this brown pixelated fudging going on for some reason. I had the same problem back in 0.23 as well.

I don't have this issue and im really not sure what is causing it. But i know people are having this issue. It's most likely related to the graphics card. So if everyone who has this issue would post what card they are using, perhaps i can narrow it down.

I don't have this issue and im really not sure what is causing it. But i know people are having this issue. It's most likely related to the graphics card. So if everyone who has this issue would post what card they are using, perhaps i can narrow it down.

Absolutely. I'm running two Gigabyte 7870s in Crossfire, Catalyst version 13.12. I've also checked the camera with Crossfire disabled to no avail. If you need any more information, let me know.

I also would like to thank you for your hard work in this mod. I know keeping things up-to-date and compatible with different hardware can be a pain. It's one of the cooler mods out there imo. =D Cheers mate.

I've noticed lag when using robotic arms, especially if they're under load. Tested it on the CSS CANADARM. I'm using plenty of other mods, including RasterPropMonitor.

BTW, with regards to RPM, have you considered adding robotic arm controls and Lazor System controls to RPM?

Cant find the thread for the lazor docking so I'll post here.

When installed.

Click on sidebar to open mechjeb in vab to see stats.

The tool bar moves as normal.

However there are no menus to select.

Same when about to launch.

Also makes ksp freeze every few minutes.

I had a few mods installed at same time. I couldn't figure out which one was doing what so wiped ksp folder and started over one by one.

Narrowed it down to

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-docking-cam/

When I go to dock. I see the docking window bottom left. Yet no pic of what I'm looking at.

Standalone version of the docking cam *****that already comes***** with Lazor System.

So I shouldn't have to do anything else. Right?

Also have the robotic arm pack.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/robotic-arms-pack/

Install tab says

Place the contents of the Romfarer_LazorDockingCam... folder in your KSP root folder.

Read me.notepad

Put everything in this folder into KSP_win, and replace any conflicts.

Don't have a ksp_win folder.

I guessed he meant to merge game data with game data.

Parts are not in game.

Edited by David H

Is there anything special that needs to be done to take advantage of the View Distance? My understanding was that it kept vessels from unloading. I put some probes on my aircraft and dropped them in flight. If I circled around them they'd descend okay under their chute but if I flew away they all unloaded around 5km and I have the View Distance set to 100km (Long) in the control panel Do I just have the wrong idea about how this works?

Running .23 still, Lazor system v32b

Hello Romfarer

I have a few questions on you if I may.

1/ I want to ask you what is this " it is broken " thing that everybody means with your Robotick Arms pack ? I have my own experience and maybe they mean this: I am using CSS Shuttle mod ( Dragoon01) to build my space station. I am docked with my css shuttle with my first half of the Space station. I opened the cargo bay and with your Robotic arm I am grabbing the next part of Space station put in the CSS shuttle cargo bay.. I pressed caps lock ( but I am not sure if SAS is on or off) and now slowly putting the part out of cargo bay. But after some time the whole station together with CSS shuttle start spinning and rotating lke crazy. So maybe they mean this ?

2/ I am still runnnig KSP 0.23. So question is : If I upgrade my KSP to 0.23.5 and upgrade your .dll file with new one from this thread will the robotick arm work without this spinning and rotating bug ?

Thank you for your answer.

Well there is 150 pages plus to read thru and I am having no luck. I am somewhat familiar with installing mods however for the life of me this one is not fully functioning as intended.

I I request a tutorial on getting this working in either images or video once and for all. I run KSP and only get YJOL35K.jpg

I am in career mode but see no parts that are unlockable.

Mods installed are as follows.

*Chatterer

*hullcameraVDS

*KAS

*Keramzit

*MechJeb2

*SCANsat

*StationScience

Lazor Path ukOIu4T.jpg

Main KSP Path liJTllo.jpg

Please can someone assist ?

Does the parts folder need to be relocated to the parts folder in main directory ? I tried this but with no success.. do .dll files need to be moved.

Appreciate any assistance

@Romfarer (or anyone willing to help): how do i resize the camera? i've tried many times to do it but failed... could you help me? i'd like to make a unmanned drone to scout out places of intrest. i have a body built but i'd REALLY like a bigger cam like yours to fit in the middle...

@Romfarer (or anyone willing to help): how do i resize the camera? i've tried many times to do it but failed... could you help me? i'd like to make a unmanned drone to scout out places of intrest. i have a body built but i'd REALLY like a bigger cam like yours to fit in the middle...

Look in the part.cfg and see if there is a variable called rescaleFactor. If not, just add it:

rescaleFactor = 2

The capitalization is important, otherwise it's ignored. Play around with the value to see what fits. If you still plan to use the original ever, you can make a copy of the part.cfg and change the title and description too so you can tell the two apart in the VAB.

Look in the part.cfg and see if there is a variable called rescaleFactor. If not, just add it:

rescaleFactor = 2

The capitalization is important, otherwise it's ignored. Play around with the value to see what fits. If you still plan to use the original ever, you can make a copy of the part.cfg and change the title and description too so you can tell the two apart in the VAB.

oh whoops in the conifg (which i named config2 for testing) i saw scale but no "rescale factor" so i just changed that with no avail. i'll do that then get back to you thanks anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.