[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

Actually use it a lot and only have the NullRef problem if I set the distance option above default or sometimes if I use the docking cam. Setting it higher causes them like crazy but at normal and not using that one feature I have no problem.

I've successfully set up a Kethane miner on the mun and an orbiter (at 7km) that I want to use for resource transfer. The thing that's frustrating me though, is that the resource transfer rate on the yellow lazor is so slow. I get about 40 Kethane for every pass-by. Is there no way to raise this? I've looked through the config files but there doesn't really appear to be that many plugin specific settings. Any ideas?

Edited by PyroHiroshi

The texture issue on mac should be fixed in the next version. This texture issue also effects the custom explosion effects and that's why you see white boxes.

So in the next KSP update Lazor should actually be ready "on time" since i've been using it to test the new Application Launcher which is one of the systems i'm working on. I'm not sure if you have seen it but it's like a toolbar where you can add application buttons so everything is organized in one place, rather than having a lot of mod launch buttons overlapping eachother.

Sounds a bit like the toolbar addon which works almost perfectly as it is. An integrated toolbar would, perhaps, not be as susceptible to slow responses during re-positioning and setup perhaps. Still, it seems to me that if we have something that works already, why must we now re-do all the current toolbar-using mods to support a completely different system? Just seems a bit annoying.

Lazor SunBeam ftw!

I can't build more ships without the laser guns. Yet, i wish there was more models available instead of just one.

Currently i'm using them on my x-wing plane project. Check it out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Romfarer.

Would it be possible to add a terrain scan feature to the LIDAR module of the Lazor system? Effectively, give the player a visual representation of the nearby terrain mesh to visually spot slopes and other features from above for the purposes of either flying aircraft, or putting landers down without having to worry about all the small hills and terrain features that don't show up with larger, less precise area scans (of other mods). Something reasonable. Like 2 - 10 km around the active vessel.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

I seem to be having problems with the Buran manipulator arm. It works fine at maneuvering it, and plucking objects, but once i've docked a station module with it (using a shuttle that is not docked to the rest of the station), and then de-magnetize the game crashes. Upon reload the game will seemingly disconnect the station module from the station, but leaving the docking port behind. The shuttle and module will then begin to rotate violently. When I undock the docking port still left on the station it shoots over to the shuttle again.

I put "view distance" on "long", thinking that it would allow me to land and recover the 1st stage of a rocket while the rest of the rocket continues to ascent, and switching back to the rocket after having deployed chutes and gear on the stage. But instead of finding that stage landed near KSC (which it does if i don't switch back to the rocket), somehow a rover that was at KSC had disappeared.

I put "view distance" on "long", thinking that it would allow me to land and recover the 1st stage of a rocket while the rest of the rocket continues to ascent, and switching back to the rocket after having deployed chutes and gear on the stage. But instead of finding that stage landed near KSC (which it does if i don't switch back to the rocket), somehow a rover that was at KSC had disappeared.

If I recall, one crazy glitch with forced vessel loading mods is that the terrain mesh unloads at 18 km distance from the active viewpoint/vessel. The vessels being force loaded, if they happen to be resting on that mesh, proceed to fall the distance from the surface to the ocean sphere. Kablewie.

Speaking of distance modding:

Romfarer, would you consider another standalone release, in the form of the render distance tweak only? Lazor is a rather big and complex plugin - i don't use any of its features, and only have it loaded to change render distance - that seems a bit overkill?

Speaking of distance modding:

Romfarer, would you consider another standalone release, in the form of the render distance tweak only? Lazor is a rather big and complex plugin - i don't use any of its features, and only have it loaded to change render distance - that seems a bit overkill?

There is the standalone version that has the docking camera implementation, but also includes the distance tweak.

needs a gui update it throws thie error even thou not a constant error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Romfarer.Util.LightTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D texture, Single v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Romfarer.Util.get_LazorSkin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Romfarer.RuntimeLogic.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.