[1.0.x]Destruction Effects (flames and smoke on joint breaks)

BahamutoD

5 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce a new release of this mod.

Change log:

• Avoid heat-shield and mast part to trigger effects.
  • Add parts effects for Bow, Stern, Hull and Superstructures.
  • Add part effects for resources : electric, ammo and cannon.
  • No destruction effects if atmosphere density is below 1%.
  • Duration time for effects increased (2x).

Release:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Ok, so the burn time was 30 secs for me (because I have very minor lag. But it didn't seem longer for me. I was hoping that the burn time could be up to one or two minutes, because when the effects start, there is no additional lag at all

12 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Can you add a more realistic flame look? (I think I asked this already, but just encase)

Sorry but this is beyond my current Unity knowledge. I think it should be easy, though. But I'll need to find someone with more Unity expertise to do it.

4 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Sorry but this is beyond my current Unity knowledge. I think it should be easy, though. But I'll need to find someone with more Unity expertise to do it.

Falls on floor and screams

Edit: I didn't actually do that, but if I had no other choice I would

Edited by Murican_Jeb

17 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Use Destruction Effects for 1.1.2

Spacedock link:

http://spacedock.info/mod/744/Destruction FX

Honestly. Are you suggesting to someone to download an obsolete version of the mod?

12 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Any progress on the mod?

I'm not working on this mod at this moment (I'm working on BDArmory full time).

For bugs to be fixed, please use the usual channel: https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects

And the latest release: https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/releases/tag/v1.1.0

@jrodriguez 

Thanks for your work on this.

I see that you don't have the issues section open on Github - I wanted to report a bug

When using KAS and attaching ports or cables to winches destruction fx is triggered. I would think it may be easy to filter buy KAS/KIS parts during the attach event.

Thanks again.

18 minutes ago, gomker said:

@jrodriguez 

Thanks for your work on this.

I see that you don't have the issues section open on Github - I wanted to report a bug

When using KAS and attaching ports or cables to winches destruction fx is triggered. I would think it may be easy to filter buy KAS/KIS parts during the attach event.

Thanks again.

Thx, I didn't realize about the issues section. It's activate now :) and yes, it should be very easy to fix :)

Hello, @jrodriguez, do you suppose it might be possible to use the destructioneffects plugin to drive a part module to allow overheating parts to start to smoke and for fire to break out as they overheat further?

Sorry, I just realized Deadly Reentry does this.

Edited by theonegalen

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎09 at 7:59 PM, theonegalen said:

The flame effects on this are slightly more better though. Maybe he could ask to borrow a small plugin from deadly reentry and tweak it to make smoke go when the part is halfway to fully overheated?

On 10/8/2016 at 3:59 AM, theonegalen said:

Hello, @jrodriguez, do you suppose it might be possible to use the destructioneffects plugin to drive a part module to allow overheating parts to start to smoke and for fire to break out as they overheat further?

5 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

The flame effects on this are slightly more better though. Maybe he could ask to borrow a small plugin from deadly reentry and tweak it to make smoke go when the part is halfway to fully overheated?

I think it is feasible to use the same fire animation. But from a performance point of view it will have a cost to check on every single refresh(update) operation all the parts to check the temps. I'm currently on vacation but I'll test this idea :)

9 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I think it is feasible to use the same fire animation. But from a performance point of view it will have a cost to check on every single refresh(update) operation all the parts to check the temps. I'm currently on vacation but I'll test this idea :)

KSP doesn't fire an event when something overheats? That's too bad.

I also realized that deadly reentry doesn't always make a fire because only parts that are supposed to be flammable work. But it doesn't include wings :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2016 at 10:45 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

Any Progress @jrodriguez?

Yes and NO Jr is busy with real life, I'm buried in other projects, but i have made a start and tests on some new flame affects, I'm just not happy with it yet, i didn't much like the blobby nature of the tile animated flames, but they did have some depth,  while I'm having some success the emitted flame method is at present still too wispy  and requires more work, though i think I'm getting somewhere today.

Spoiler

Ffg5FOq.png?1

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yes and NO Jr is busy with real life, I'm buried in other projects, but i have made a start and tests on some new flame affects, I'm just not happy with it yet, i didn't much like the blobby nature of the tile animated flames, but they did have some depth,  while I'm having some success the emitted flame method is at present still too wispy  and requires more work, though i think I'm getting somewhere today.

Reveal hidden contents

Ffg5FOq.png?1

Thanks @SpannerMonkey(smce). @Murican_Jeb loves to ping me every month. So here is my answer: Sorry, but I'm currently using my free time to work on https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/commits/Feature_ModularMissiles

Edited by jrodriguez

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.