[1.0.x] BatteryIndicator (2015-02-09)

pizzaoverhead

If you like this concept, check out IndicatorLights by @Snark which does all this and more!

A little plugin that makes the light on the Z-100 battery pack change colour to let you know that it's running low.

jIOp2nf.png

Download from Curse

MediaFire Mirror

Get IndicatorLights instead

Source included, licenced under GPL v2.

Includes ModuleManager, licence here.

If you've enjoyed this, consider donating a cup of coffee to help with late night coding:

btn_donate_LG.gif

Planned features

• Colour blindness-compatible colours.
  • Customisable colours.
  • An extra colour (defaulting to blue) for when the battery is locked.

Change log

v1.0 (2015-02-09)

• Initial Release
Edited by pizzaoverhead
Superseded by IndicatorLights.

A wonderfully simple idea that probably wasn't as simple to code as it sounds and adds a very neat touch.

Change request: disabled mode indicator for my 'emergency reserve' battery. Blue, since the other primaries are in use, or dimmed?

Change request: disabled mode indicator for my 'emergency reserve' battery. Blue, since the other primaries are in use, or dimmed?

Ooh! seconded, I would love to have a colour for disabled batteries! (I would probably prefer cyan to blue though, (also primary) but I would defer that decision to the colour blind.)

A wonderfully simple idea that probably wasn't as simple to code as it sounds and adds a very neat touch.

That's coming in the next version!

Amazing idea; thank you for making this! Quick question... does the color indicate the charge of the individual battery, or of the ship's total battery charge?

It's the charge of the battery pack itself. It wouldn't make sense for a little battery pack to have sensors hooked into the whole ship, and having lots of indicators displaying the same thing is less useful than having more information.

Colorblind mode please?

Working on it! I haven't found a good looking set of colours to fit everyone yet, but I plan to for the next release. It'll also be customisable, so you can pick whatever looks best for you.

After 1 min of investigation, i found this could be easily tweaked to work with Ven's stock revamp.

The material name seems to be: unnamed.emissiveMaterial

Just change in the .cs file: t.renderer.material.name.Contains("light")) to t.renderer.material.name.Contains("emissive"))

It's untested, don't have time right now, but that should work right!

EDIT: The light gameobject will keep emiting light (illuminating parts) , but the color of the led should change. It could also be tweaked to work with the physical light, will take a look into it once i have more time!

EDIT2: This should work with all the batteries, but some of them may have different material names.

Cheers! :)

Edited by tajampi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.