Should SQUAD post all KSP announcements on the official forum?

Yakuzi

Should SQUAD post all KSP announcements on the official forum  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should SQUAD post all KSP announcements on the official forum

• Yes, that's sorta what the "official" thing implies
    • No, it ends up n the forums anyway
    • Other (please specify)

This thread became redundant after max said they would look into using the announcment page more. And until they do that, all this thread can do is say "They should do that". What more can this thread give my friend?

Myself I'm going to wait and see how much the announcement subforum will be used before I comment any more.

twas a good idea. same here. all that can happen now is a rehashing of the past 25 pages. lets not beat this dead sheep horse anymore

Edited by r4pt0r

The fact that Max is sticking to the contra point here simply demonstrates how futile it is to try to communicate with Squad.

The lead dev, or whatever his title, is arguing that the company's own website and forums are not the primary point of communication with their community!

smh

Seriously, what's the point?

Hi Max, that is exactly was I(we) feel is needed.

So far this is what happens: you say something on tweeter, some user sees it and makes a post in the general forum, then some users complain you are not addressing to this forum.

A solution would be to have the CM or you to copy every message into the forum, or maybe have a tweeter plugin in the forum or something like that, so we can get access to all the relevant information from this site.

I don't want all of Maxmaps' tweets posted on the forum. That would get old quick. And this is nothing against Maxmaps. If you're using Twitter correctly, NOBODY's posts should be autocopied to a forum.

Here's what I'd like: Maxmaps wants to tell people that dV is coming. He wants to tease it. He makes a post on the forum, then says on Twitter "Hey hey hey, guess what rhymes with Schmelta Schmee?" or whatever, with a link to the forum post.

Then he's teasing on Twitter, directing people who may not even know the forums exist to the forums, and telling the people who frequent the forums what's going on. Everybody wins. Except Maxmaps, who can no longer pop off a tweet when he wakes up at 2am to go schmee.

After reading through this thread a bit more I agree with the idea that things should be posted everywhere at the same time.

I dont know what would be the best way to implement it but it would keep news from being fractured and difficult to follow.

I don't want all of Maxmaps' tweets posted on the forum. That would get old quick. And this is nothing against Maxmaps. If you're using Twitter correctly, NOBODY's posts should be autocopied to a forum.

Here's what I'd like: Maxmaps wants to tell people that dV is coming. He wants to tease it. He makes a post on the forum, then says on Twitter "Hey hey hey, guess what rhymes with Schmelta Schmee?" or whatever, with a link to the forum post.

Then he's teasing on Twitter, directing people who may not even know the forums exist to the forums, and telling the people who frequent the forums what's going on. Everybody wins. Except Maxmaps, who can no longer pop off a tweet when he wakes up at 2am to go schmee.

I meant it to say "relevant post to ksp development / teases"

The fact that Max is sticking to the contra point here simply demonstrates how futile it is to try to communicate with Squad.

The lead dev, or whatever his title, is arguing that the company's own website and forums are not the primary point of communication with their community!

smh

Seriously, what's the point?

Well, for the sake of honesty, that is not SQUAD position. The official ( ;) ) SQUAD position on this is that they consider this forums and their Twitter/Reddit/Facebook/whatever postings in the same level, but due to inherent differences in those media, they tailor their messaging in a way it fits in each medium, leading that some stuff is not posted equally everywhere. And some stuff about discovery and posting mini-games for fans as well ...

See here, just some pages ago

Well, I do not agree with their stance, but for sake of exactness, their official position is not that the forums are in a secondary place ;)

Not sure if its been mentioned but it can also be a numbers game. More people use twitter than the forums, same with reddit, and every other source. So more people are exposed and thus generate awareness. Is there any community less numerous than the forum? Plus the info hunt is kind of fun and a pleasant surprise when someone posts it here. We do get the dev notes, and Harv and the gang do respond to posts here like they do elsewhere.

Of course we all think they dont respond enough because they dont spend every waking hour answering every question we ask but it still happens. A twitter feed window in the forums would be nice, that updates with dev posts in reddit would be awesome. But is there really any example of information that never made it to the forum in some way? Everything gets posted here eventually. Worst case scenario is that we get surprised when the update drops.

Learning the features arnt what you wanted or whatever is going to happen no matter how you learn about it so not being told isnt really that big a deal. If Squad didnt care about the forums then we wouldnt be getting any posts from them. So my opinion is that, we always want more, but what we have isnt bad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.