Really need some help here

Currently I have:

CPU: Intel i5 3330@ 3.00Ghz

GPU: Nvidia GT620

RAM: 8GB

Now should I upgrade my processor to an i5 4690k to be overclocked to 4Ghz

or get an ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti?

This is mainly for KSP btw which I know is CPU intensive

I was planning to get the CPU first with some Xmas money and then hopefully get the GPU in May for my birthday. Not sure if I should get the GPU first though...

Also I should add that I get lag with just 200 part ships which is the sign of the need for a fatser processor

Get the CPU first - i5 4690k is a great choice.

For the GPU, it's worth waiting until at least May because by then the new AMD R9 300 cards should be starting to come out and could offer better price-performance than current gen Nvidia offerings or at least drive the price of AMD R9 200 cards way down.

If you play ANY other games than KSP I would recommend the graphics card upgrade. It's definitely the low point in your system. I haven't been around long enough to know of it's effect/affect? on KSP though.

Edit: Balance in a computer is everything. With you having a current gen CPU it doesn't make sense to upgrade to another current gen cpu that is faster. Your graphics card is quite a few generations behind. I think regardless of what games you play that should be your first stop.

Edited by Thnd3r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.