New Kerbonaut from Toronto!

theShiz

Hi everyone! I'm having a little trouble getting my satellite into a specific orbit. I put it up there. Get the orbit correct. I'm steady for 10s. Everything is check mark green to go except deploying the probe. What do I do? It has charge, and I extend the antennae, but nothing. How do I complete the last step?

-Shiz

Hi Shiz.

Are you trying to send the probe out into space?

If so, you should make kind of a gravitational "slingshot" as in the orbit goes around Kerbin, but it doesn't go around, but it just curves it then goes flying out into space.

If not, what are you trying to do?

And welcome to the KSP Community! :)

Welcome to the forums! The only thing I can think of is that it needs to be a new satellite, built and launched after the contract is accepted.

Go back to Mission Control and double check all details of the contract, as well.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Two things to check with satellite contracts,

are you orbiting the right way?

There are dots moving round the orbit lines that show which direction you need to be going

and have you got everything on board specified by the contract.

some need materials bays or goo or one of the other science experiments.

I'm trying to put it into a stable polar orbit. It's orbiting the correct way. The mission confirms I've put it in the correct orbit. The only thing that won't complete is "Launch a new unmanned probe that has power and an antenna." Can I not base this on a previous design? I have to go to build a ship and click 'new'?

I'm trying to put it into a stable polar orbit. It's orbiting the correct way. The mission confirms I've put it in the correct orbit. The only thing that won't complete is "Launch a new unmanned probe that has power and an antenna." Can I not base this on a previous design? I have to go to build a ship and click 'new'?

As long as you launch after taking the contract and it meets the requirements, old craft designs should work fine