KSP Fun Facts

Deadpangod3

If your controlling a kerbal on a ladder, pressing Shift + Space will make them jump off the ladder backwards instead of letting go, likewise, holding

Shift + Any of the WASD keys, then pressing Space will make them jump off in the direction of the key you held.

Edited by Hunter3081

Well, in that vein, KAC has a setting in it that lets you kill timewarp with the 'kill thrust' button. Which I find quite handy, as that's my usual 'panic' button anyhow..

Really? My panic button is usually the "max thrust" button. Does KAC have a setting for that? :P

Really? My panic button is usually the "max thrust" button. Does KAC have a setting for that? :P

I don't think so, I think it's (currently) hardcoded to match whatever "kill thrust" is mapped to.

I'm not sure that's the best key to press in a panic btw; I'm pretty sure that's how Maxmaps managed to do a full-power dive into Duna's surface~ ;)

I'm not sure that's the best key to press in a panic btw

Nonsense! The surest path to safety is flooring the throttle and yelling "POOOWEEEEEEER!" at the top of your voice. It's hardly my responsibility if there just happens to be a planet in the way, now, is it? :P

If a Kerbal is falling from a long way up, as in dying on impact high, turn on his rcs pack. Then you can click and drag on him, turn him upside down, and he will have a much better chance of surviving. KSC obviously puts a lot of funds into their helmets.

Dres was supposed to be another gas giant like Jool. Why Squad never eventually turned it into one, we do not know.

I never thought about it until now but that would make so much sense.

Would be cool if it had rings...

EDIT : Oops, forgot a hint or tip.

I'll recycle one.

A free return trajectory course to Mun is exactly 872m/s from a circular 80km orbit. Make a node which has 872Dv prograde then move it around the orbit until you get a perfect FRT.

lol, at least I don't feel so doh when I do it.

- - - Updated - - -

If a Kerbal is falling from a long way up, as in dying on impact high, turn on his rcs pack. Then you can click and drag on him, turn him upside down, and he will have a much better chance of surviving. KSC obviously puts a lot of funds into their helmets.

ALt-F12 cheats infinite-Eva-fuel burn-baby-burn

Hmm... sounds like me... I recently managed to land a probe that I had sent to the Mun, which was ment to STAY there, only realizing this when I was half way back to kerbin, with not enough fuel to turn back and land. The best part was I didn't have any parashoots, and I spend nearly half my fuel trying to manually make my orbit curcular (which, BTW, unless you know EXACTLY where to point, doesn't work...), skipping to my situation involving my panic key, I was coming down to land, going to kiss the ground a loving speed of 5m/s, went to kill the thrust at maybe 7m above the surface when I hear the roar of the engines kick up, I quickly kill them, leaving me with maybe... 17 DV left of fuel, no way to save it if I don't time it PERFECTLY. 18m/s, 5m from the surface, slam the max thrust.... kill my speed to 7, touch the ground at 8... saved it like a freeking boss... the MOST stressful experience in KSP for me, to date!

As for my tip: If you accidentally double lick on a planet, causing your view to switch to it, instead of pounding the TAB key till it says "hey, buy me dinner if your going to make this a habbit" to get back to your ship in time to see where your node is, you can press Shift + TAB to go BACK along your planets (expecially useful if you have extra planets installed... trust me...) NOTE: DO. NOT. LEAVE. THE. ENGINE. ON. WHILE. DOING. THIS I was lucky enough to have made a quicksave before figuring out "oh hey! pressing the shift key causes your ship to accelerate! HEDUUUR" (I made the quick save because I was going to ditch a stage at full throttle so I could get rid of it.... curse me and my ability to overplan and have to MUCH fuel...) Like I said... thankful I had a quick save... poor little probe didn't even know he was off course...

As for my tip: If you accidentally double lick on a planet, causing your view to switch to it, instead of pounding the TAB key till it says "hey, buy me dinner if your going to make this a habbit" to get back to your ship in time to see where your node is, you can press Shift + TAB to go BACK along your planets (expecially useful if you have extra planets installed... trust me...)

NB: you can press backspace while in map view to do this as well. Keeping in mind that backspace is the normal key for ABORT of course when not in the map view.

(Lowering the navball will uncouple shift from 'increase thrust' too)

• 3 weeks later...
If your controlling a kerbal on a ladder, pressing Shift + Space will make them jump off the ladder backwards instead of letting go, likewise, holding

Shift + Any of the WASD keys, then pressing Space will make them jump off in the direction of the key you held.

Ehwah? That's interesting! :D

In the Mk2 cockpit IVA, double-clicking on the space in the middle, between the two windows, will give you a backwards view of the pilots.

Once you're in this view, you can also double-click on certain places behind the pilots to get more cool views.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.