Plane vibrating

So I made this plane on KSP the other day and realised that my plane started to shake at around 300m/s. I really have no clue with advanced aerodynamics or just in aerodynamics at all.

Can someone tell me the reason of this problem?

Stock Aerodynamics or FAR?

If it's stock, I really can't help you. The current stock (placeholder) system is so broken and unrealistic that there's really no telling WHAT it will do in a given circumstance (which is why they're replacing it in the next update).

If it's FAR, some screenshots would help- nobody can tell what's going on just from your saying the plane is shaking, we need to see the design to see what might be wrong with it...

Regards,

Northstar

Are you sure it's vibrating?

SAS tends to cause oscillations due to over-controlling but that's not vibration, that's more like dipping up and down. The only thing I've ever seen "vibrate" is an attachment bug and shortly after the vehicle spontaneously combusts.

Control surfaces and SAS don't mix well I'm afraid. Sadly flying keyboard without SAS is just as annoying. You can use the Pilot Assistant mod, but that is about all that can be done.

Edited by Alshain

Welcome to the murky world of aircraft design :)

Control surfaces and SAS don't mix well I'm afraid.

/\/\/\ This. Try turning SAS off in flight for a few seconds to see if it cures the problem. Also try toggling the reaction wheels with an action group and see if the plane will fly on flaps alone.

How high are you flying? 300m/s may be a bit fast if you are near the ground in a large plane. If you have reaction wheels and flaps you can get a lot of resonant oscillations, especially if your wings are a bit flexible. My 'Twyford' at post #13783 ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29533-What-did-you-do-in-KSP-today?p=1717060#post1717060 ) flaps its wings like a bird if I go overspeed below 3000m alt. but I need all the flaps and the reaction wheels (just in front of the jet tailpipes) to keep control at higher alts. where the air is thinner. IRL aircraft have specified max. speeds at different altitudes to prevent nasty things happening to the airframe.

Of course, I might be completely wrong... Can you post a pic of your craft so we can see where the problem might lie?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.