What was the First thing you did when you got KSP?

michaelsteele3

Well I played the demo for a bit and then threw my monies at the screen. Once that was done I kept burning straight up when the mun was overhead because thats how orbits work, you burn directly at your target as fast as you can. Lots of crashing along the way because it wouldnt let me stay in space once I finally got up there.

First thing I ever did in KSP as soon as it launched?

Mk1 pod + SRB + spacebar. That's what I did. And that's more or less how the first week went :P experimenting a bit with the SRBs before moving on to the liquid fuel ones.

A whole week with nothing but SRB's? I can hardly imagine...

A whole week with nothing but SRB's? I can hardly imagine...

Well there was a plan to put a man on the moon back in the 30's using nothing but solid rockets, but they couldn't go ahead as it was in Britain during WW2.

Scott Manley did a video explaining this and demonstrating it in KSP:

OT: I'd watched a bunch of tutorials before I go the full version. Prior to that (when I played the demo a lot) I couldn't get into orbit, but couldn't figure out why. When I got the full game, I think I tried a Mun mission and failed incredibly.

Then again, I have tried to land on the Mun with ion engines before now.

Edited by Pseudo Gold

The first thing I did when I got KSP was install it.

The next thing I did was realize, numerous times, that this game is not easy. Like some of the other dudes posting here, it took more than one effort to discover that placing a pod on top of an SRB is not necessarily going to get you into orbit, let alone to mün.

The exploderisms were quite enjoyable though. For me, maybe not so much for Jeb and Bill and Bob and...

I built a giant monstrosity then found out I didn't know how to throttle up. This being before 50% power at spawn

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... Somebody should actually make a challenge out of this! Land on the Mun with nothing but SRB's

The ubiquitous Scott Manly did the Munn_minmus-return all with the small srbs....

I do not remember what i did first, the rocket stuff was easy, and i think I ran a few orbital transfers.

However on my first day I clearly remember trying to get Jeb back into a space craft that kept running away from me.

"Come here little space craft, be a good little space craft and stop spinning" The music was starting to get on my nerves

and I was thinking, there is not sound in space, so why is this $#@& music. No matter what I did it would quickly go the opposite direction.

I remember being incredibly disoriented, and eventually ran out of EVA fuel a couple of times, Jeb lost hopelessly floating in the blackness of space.

I knew nothing about the "[" and "]" keys the light function . . . . .

EVAs are still get the pulse rate up, the second I'm off the ship I am thinking....

- do I have the right angle is the ingame rotation limits going to interfere with landing

- what is dTheta/T of the orbit how much time do I have before I am going the wrong direction?

- do I need to rotate my ship (and did I place a remote control unit on the ship)?

- are there obstructions that can interfere with grabbing

I also remember the lander thinking, what an overengineered lander for the Mun, that was until I tried to land. lol. Poof.

My epic and quality posts will be quickly forgotten by everyone except N. Korea, Spammers and the NSA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.