Besiege Game

Tommygun

I came across this game "Besiege" and though it might appeal to some KSP players.

You get to design and build giant siege engines and then let them wreak havoc.

There is a second game "Offworld Trading Company" that might be fun.

I wish it was more science based as it seems more economic.

Both are early access and I'm holding off on this one to see how it develops.

I'd been wondering if a thread like thin might show up.

I've done a bit with it, the construction interface feels crude compared to what we have in KSP.

Yeah. But it has decouplers. :D

It's also pretty easy to use. Most of the time.

DualPult4.gif

Setting the control keys is a pain though. I very much want something like the control setup screen in Robot Arena 2.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it about a week ago week ago... and even though ive finished all the levels im still playing it.

I love going on the subreddit for it (/r/besige) and seeing others creations, one of the top posts is a flamethrower .... torture machine and another is 2 people 'going at it' and then one of them exploding. I mean what else could you want.

OH AND DID I MENTION THE $7 PRICE TAG?!

BTW, NerdCubed has played it, and Jacksepticeye and EnterElysium have done several videos on it as well. All the videos are great, really show the stuffy you can do. Two days ago my friend came over and made a gigantic lawnmower with about 15 cannons and 16 flamethrowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it's kind of scary just how good it is, considering that it's currently on version 0.0.2 0.0.4...

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

I've done a bit with it, the construction interface feels crude compared to what we have in KSP.

Not really. There is no tree system to limit you, so making loops of things is easy and not impossible. There are some things that could be improved, but I think the basis is actually better than KSP's.

• 2 weeks later...

This game paid for itself. When I bought it, within the first 10 minutes my comp would shut down due to heat. Opened it up, turns out the exhaust fan had a big lump of dust in it and the vanes were so dusty they turned the cotton swabs I was cleaning them with black. Cleaned all the dust, now instead of 130 F (54 C) my comp runs at 95 F (35 C). Thanks Besieged!

~Snip~

Setting the control keys is a pain though. I very much want something like the control setup screen in Robot Arena 2.

How do you set controls? I've wanted to change controls but never saw anything on how to do it.

BTW, NerdCubed has played it, and Jacksepticeye and EnterElysium have done several videos on it as well. All the videos are great, really show the stuffy you can do. Two days ago my friend came over and made a gigantic lawnmower with about 15 cannons and 16 flamethrowers.

~Snip~

Robbaz has played it too, he even managed to make a Chinook-style helicopter.

Edited by Flymetothemun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.