KSP 1.0 General Thread + All the new features

Daze

No clue, rarely had that issue. In fact, my recent eve lander had a perfectly working ladder despite leaning 30 degrees ot the side.

It happens more in low gravity and micro-g environments.

No I think he means where you get out of the pod and (assuming you don't fly away) your Kerbal slowly slides up or down the ladder until he falls off the end.

Yeah that one.

That's not enough to make the rather powerful KR-2L an upper stage engine, It rather seems like Squad did heavily nerf the atmospheric efficiency of some engines. Makes sense with the thinner atmosphere.

The engines intended for vacuum operation took a large hit to their amtmospheric ISP, to the point that an LV-909's sea level ISP is now 85, which combined with the change to how ISP affects max thrust, means that a MK-1 capsule, A T400 fuel tank, and LV-909 can't lift off the launch pad anymore.

Arent solar panels supposed to add heat to a craft instead of radiating it? I am confused :/

Yes, that's true.

I hope we'll get proper heat radiators soon. Interplanetary travel without them is impossible. Even stuff that orbits in LKO and does something needs them because radiative transmission of heat is so poor.

They should always position themselves so that their edge looks at Kerbol, unlike solar panels which seek for optimal flat side light exposure. Near Future mod got it right and looks amazing when the heat load is high.

9F7C94E873E78FC283A334084870BB96023EB870

So for resource mining, will small asteroids have finite ore in them? Anyone done this on the stream? I find the prospect of latching onto a small asteroid and using it as an infinite fuel core to be hilarious, although totally broken.

So for resource mining, will small asteroids have finite ore in them? Anyone done this on the stream? I find the prospect of latching onto a small asteroid and using it as an infinite fuel core to be hilarious, although totally broken.

Everybody who has mentioned it has said they deplete, and lose mass. I've not seen someone show it though.

I'd love it if when you mined a class E for a long time, it turned into a D, then a C, and so on until "puff"!

I expect that they will go down in size, but maybe not in class. Unless like 90% of the asteroid is ore.

Another one: the mobile science lab function has been completely redone, according to Devnote Tuesdays a couple days ago

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/117031055505

We’ve completely rethought how Science Labs work now. Instead of merely boosting the xmit factor of a science experiment for a small amount (something that scientists can do now), and allowing you to restore inoperable experiments (also something scientists can do now), the Lab now works much more like a long-term research facility. Now, when you run experiments, you can transfer data to the lab just as before, but instead of a quick process for a small boost in the xmit factor, the data fed to the lab will generate a steady output of Science for a very long time, ultimately yielding far more science than transmitting or even recovering. This, of course, requires the labs to be manned by scientists, and have a steady supply of electricity. It should greatly increase the benefits of setting up orbiting science stations and surface bases, however, and also give you good reason to visit them every now and then. (The data does decay after a while, and the labs can only hold so much processed data before having to transmit, so don’t expect to be able to timewarp your way to infinite science)

- - - Updated - - -

A couple more:

* Asteroids now spawn near Dres

* Blast effects out of pad ducts on launch

* Dust blowing on landing

- - - Updated - - -

Another one: The LV-N now uses only fuel

*New SPH/VAB GUI to help with the aerodynamic stability of the craft (a simplified version of the graphics in FAR)

Did anyone notice this feature in the 1.0 preview videos? I was really looking forward to this but is seems to be cancelled.

Did anyone notice this feature in the 1.0 preview videos? I was really looking forward to this but is seems to be cancelled.

It's not in the VAB. It's in flight and it looks different than I'd imagined but I think it'll be helpful. It puts a series of spiky arrow... things on your ship. Red ones showing drag, blue ones showing lift, and yellow ones showing control surfaces.

I get the drag and left, but control surfaces confuse me. Aren't they just also creating lift or drag?

Anyway, Here's a post with a picture. I saw a better picture somewhere else on this thread but can't find it right now.

It's not in the VAB. It's in flight and it looks different than I'd imagined but I think it'll be helpful. It puts a series of spiky arrow... things on your ship. Red ones showing drag, blue ones showing lift, and yellow ones showing control surfaces.

It would be nice to have this in the SPH though. Maybe the modders can fix this.

I get the drag and left, but control surfaces confuse me. Aren't they just also creating lift or drag?

Anyway, Here's a post with a picture. I saw a better picture somewhere else on this thread but can't find it right now.

Makes sense to me. The yellow spikes also indicate lift but remind you that yellow lift vectors can change direction when using the controls.

What? How can you see this?

Through the magic of subdomains. The main kerbalspaceprogram.com server could be in a totally different continent from the forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com server.

Also, there is still a physical machine serving web pages. It just is currently serving a web page that says "we're not serving any web pages."

KSP server is down right now. They are uploading KSP 1.0 right now! HYPE!!!

I think the server being down is just a sign of them rebooting/upgrading something or just due to a lot of traffic. The webserver (or any server, for that matter) shouldn't have to come down to upload the game.

Personally I'll be refreshing SteamDB all day :P (at least until they tell us to use their IRC channel cause we're crashing their steamDB server :D)

Personally I'll be refreshing SteamDB all day :P (at least until they tell us to use their IRC channel cause we're crashing their steamDB server :D)

I've "verified integrity of game cache" at least 4 or 5 times so far this morning, not as much as some I imagine. :( lol....Of course, it usually seems that update releases come out between 3pm and 5 or 6pm my local time (Eastern).